Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

Hey there, I might as well jump in.  I don't think we will get Brad Stevens.  I think his family is very  happy in Boston.    We'll see and I have no inside information.  Just a feeling.

I do like John Beilein.  I think he was a fantastic coach and he is a good person.  I believe when he first came to the Big Ten there was a learning curb, which he handled quite well.  I do believe that having someone who is familiar with the BIG would be a big help. This goes for Matta too.  Both men would be very comfortable here. Painter has gotten comfortable over the years and he's proving to be a good coach.  I wonder how many coaches out there can just jump in and win right off the bat in this league?  Of course there are super coaches, but how many?  Just my opinions, probably wrong,  I thought both Crean and Miller would do much better here.  Lol...what do I know.

So let’s say you get down to the Altman, Mussleman level and just don’t feel it with those guys. But you talk with Beilein and despite his age you think you can build a base here over the next 7 years.  Culture, player development, veteran leadership and winning. Even if the winning comes primarily in years 3-7 if you could win at a high level and build the base we need perhaps we could then hand off the team to a coach on staff. 

Beileins structure and player development could be more important than this years shiny coach.  

So if that is to be believed, that will make for a very long and painful next 2.5 months or so. Unless it was somehow announced prior to the end of the NBA season with the expectation that Brad will coach out the remainder of the year with the Celtics, though that seems far fetched.

Just now, tyappleg said:

I choose to believe the post by a 0 day old reddit account is 100% accurate. No way will I get hurt. 

no.. I was quoting the comment, he was the one that said there would be a PC on Monday way before anyone in the media knew

1 minute ago, iubb said:

no.. I was quoting the comment, he was the one that said there would be a PC on Monday way before anyone in the media knew

Wasn't a shot at you at all.  I want as many conspiracy theories posted that you can find.  It's unfortunately the most exciting thing about Indiana basketball. 

1 minute ago, HoosierRobbie said:

If we really paid a 10 million dollar buyout to hire John beilein so help me.

would you feel better paying a 10mm buyout to then pay a 12mm buyout to hire Nate Oates???