Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

1 hour ago, mamasa said:

Not sure if it's been discussed, but how would you all feel about CAM getting fired, and one of the assistants being named interim (either for next season, or just until we get our guy)?  Not advocating for or against, just trying to add a variable to the discussion. 

Totally kills recruiting if you go that route....particularly if you go the route of having an interim for a full season.  And being handcuffed in recruiting for one season has ramifications well beyond one year.  Guys you are really focusing on are typically recruited for multiple years -- missing out for a year when others dig their heels in is not good.

Andy and Coach are, Ryan goes back and forth, but Jared to me comes off pretty negative. 
Ryan has flat out said Archie should be fired and he did that awhile ago. Jerod said essentially the same but not as emphatically. Coach is overly positive and Andy doesn't really make his opinion on this particular matter known. That's my take on those guys.

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk

Ryan has flat out said Archie should be fired and he did that awhile ago. Jerod said essentially the same but not as emphatically. Coach is overly positive and Andy doesn't really make his opinion on this particular matter known. That's my take on those guys.

Also Ryan wrote an article describing why AM doesn't deserve to keep his job on The Big Lead just a week or 2 ago.

1 hour ago, brumdog45 said:

Totally kills recruiting if you go that route....particularly if you go the route of having an interim for a full season.  And being handcuffed in recruiting for one season has ramifications well beyond one year.  Guys you are really focusing on are typically recruited for multiple years -- missing out for a year when others dig their heels in is not good.

It also feels like an interim coach would have very little to no luck in the one time transfer market, which will be key for either scenario of a new coach coming in or Archie staying one more year. 

40 minutes ago, maharkn said:

Surely iu will get money for holding the tournament can't we use that

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

New to the board here .... but I know IU Athletics is tens of millions (40-60 million from what I've heard) in the hole this season with no butts in the seats.  They'll get some money from hosting the tourney but not sure it's going to be enough to make up for the massive loss.  

That being said, they did just upgrade Coach Allen, so, what do I know about finances? :)

4 minutes ago, Mr. Hoosier Pride said:

I haven't had the chance to peruse the thread in its entirety just yet ... do we have a consensus? 

Well since it should only take 5 or 6 years to peruse in its entirety I will help you out... with the disclaimer that I got to about page 96 and then skipped ahead to 297... LMAO...

Consensus seems to be *ANYBODY is a candidate... and a better option!

* Exceptions include Alford, Calipari, Pearl...… not ruled out are Samson or Crean!

5 minutes ago, Mr. Hoosier Pride said:

I haven't had the chance to peruse the thread in its entirety just yet ... do we have a consensus? 

No one wants Steve Aflord

We all want Brad Stevens

We've eliminated a lot of candidates such as Oats, Beard, and Bennett due to them eliminating us lol

Right now it appears to be Scott Drew, Dane Fife, Thad Matta, or John Belien. 

12 hours ago, Irish YJ said:

7M is not chump change, but honestly it's not near an insurmountable barrier. It likely is not costing the school a thing. Reports/rumors are that boosters have already ponied up. 

And that's simply the way things they are right now with big time college sports like FB and BB.  

So in short, if the money is there, there's really no reason to stand pat. 

I wouldn't call it political capital either. Boosters boost. That's what they do. It depends on the dynamics between the admin/BOT and the boosters. So long as the boosters don't run the show, or feel like they are entitled to run the show, it's not an issue. It does give them input though, and I think that's fair.

And to be honest, boosters can be better than the BOT/AD at identifying the right guy to "win". ADs and the BOT can play favorites or be incestuous about who they pick. On the other hand boosters can turn a blind eye to red flags. All in all, having the right mix can bring good balance to the decision. 

Well, that's one take on it. Think whatever you want, brother.

Just now, Str8Hoosiers said:

Well since it should only take 5 or 6 years to peruse in its entirety I will help you out... with the disclaimer that I got to about page 96 and then skipped ahead to 297... LMAO...

Consensus seems to be ANYBODY is a candidate... and a better option!

I'm on board with that!  

Any chatter about Porter Moser? 

8 minutes ago, Mr. Hoosier Pride said:

Welcome to the board. It's the usual names Matta, Beilien, Drew, Musselman, some guy named Stevens, Fife, Mack, amongst others. I think IU wants a proven P5 guy but that's just me and I don't know much

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

Welcome to the board. It's the usual names Matta, Beilien, Drew, Musselman, some guy named Stevens, Fife, Mack, amongst others. I think IU wants a proven P5 guy but that's just me and I don't know much

don't forget ya boy Andrew Enfield.