Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

2 minutes ago, Jeff_Boy_Ardee said:

I personally don’t see the argument fans will stop showing up and we’ll lose more money. Fans will be in the seats, whether it’s the same fans as previous years, but someone that doesn’t have access to tickets and rarely gets to go to games will buy them just to have that experience. There are tons of IU fans everywhere, I don’t ever see AH not being pretty full no matter who the coach is.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Fans will probably keep buying the tickets, but whether they keep showing up is another question. Assembly Hall won’t ever be empty, but even before Covid we struggled to fill up the arena. Balconies were usually empty or close to it. Students especially weren’t showing up. 

Maybe it doesn’t even really matter to IU if they show up or not as long as they buy the tickets, though. 

We could be pretty darn good next year if natural improvement occurs, TJD returns, Parker turns out okay and maybe a transfer. Throw in Rob coming back for the hell of it LOL 

This has been said the last 4 years. It hasn't happened yet .

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

25 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

The Sparty game was the lowest watched IU game on BTN since a 2017-18 game against Eastern Michigan according to JMV the other day.    Keep in mind this was a game where IU was still in the at-large picture in a must win game.   People tuned it out.  That’s not a good look 

Yeah, I heard JMV say that, also I know JMVsay his mind is made up about moving on too. It's not a good look to lose 52 million in a year and then buy out a coach either. But here we are. Crazy times

7 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

The Sparty game was the lowest watched IU game on BTN since a 2017-18 game against Eastern Michigan according to JMV the other day.    Keep in mind this was a game where IU was still in the at-large picture in a must win game.   People tuned it out.  That’s not good 

it was pretty nice outside in indiana that day. we're outside living! 

I still don't think we buyout Archie for $10M to hire Fife. Although waiting one more year for that is just one year closer to Izzo's retirement

Feel like Fife would still take the IU job if MSU was open at the same time. Or I hope he’d want to coach his alma mater over the Spartans at least.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

9 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Yeah, I heard him say that, also I know his mind is made up about moving on too. It's not a good look to lose 52 million in a year and then buy out a coach either. But here we are. Crazy times

I definitely don't envy his position.  It's not a good look to move on when losing 52 million in a year.  It's also not a good look to NOT move on and possibly lose millions 5 years in the future due to inaction.  There's money to be lost which ever way it goes. 

17 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Yeah, I heard him say that, also I know his mind is made up about moving on too. It's not a good look to lose 52 million in a year and then buy out a coach either. But here we are. Crazy times

Chris clarify your "I know his mind is made up about moving on too" statement. I assume you mean Dolson? You believe he's not ready to move on from Archie?

12 minutes ago, hper50 said:

I still don't think we buyout Archie for $10M to hire Fife. Although waiting one more year for that is just one year closer to Izzo's retirement

Exactly.  I don't think we buy out Archie for $10M for anyone other than Stevens, Donovan, Beard, Pearl, or Matta personally.

Then again, maybe to the people doing the buying out, $10M spread out over several years is chump change.

19 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Sorry if I misunderstood...do you mean Scott Dolson’s mind is made up about moving on from Archie? Thanks 

1 minute ago, OldBuddy67 said:

Chris clarify your "I know his mind is made up about moving on too" statement. I assume you mean Dolson? You believe he's not ready to move on from Archie?

No sorry JMV on the radio said his mind was made up and IU should move on

Just now, IUrocker said:

Sorry if I misunderstood...do you mean Scott Dolson’s mind is made up about moving on from Archie? Thanks 

No sorry bad wording, JMV said his mind was made up IU should move on from Archie on his radio show

Just now, Chris007 said:

No sorry bad wording, JMV said his mind was made up IU should move on from Archie on his radio show

Ah, I misunderstood your original post too.  Regardless, Dolson still has a tough decision!

32 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

The Sparty game was the lowest watched IU game on BTN since a 2017-18 game against Eastern Michigan according to JMV the other day.    Keep in mind this was a game where IU was still in the at-large picture in a must win game.   People tuned it out.  That’s not good 

Hmmmmmm. On the one hand, it was a rescheduled game, so some might have missed it for that reason. But I would be interested in the trend there, including the numbers for tomorrow and the BTT game if I were a decision-maker here