Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

6 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

If I remember correctly, the two categories of players that won't be invited to the combine are:

1. Players that are sure-fire top lottery picks, and
  2. Players that have little to no chance of being drafted

I believe the NBA new deal states that players that don’t attend the combine aren’t even eligible to be drafted. But that doesn’t start till 2024. You’d have to think it would be encouraged this year though so certainly if you don’t get the invite you won’t be getting drafted. 

6 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Very, very good college player - unanimous MAC Player of the Year. 6'2" but rebounds really well for his size. For a scorer an outstanding Assist/TO ratio. A point guard that can really score, and is efficient in doing so.

Declared for the NBA draft but retains one year eligibility. Not projected to be drafted. Now being followed by Adam Howard. Friends with Payton Sparks. From south suburban Chicago. Not sure if this could have legs, but he would be a damn near perfect fit with Xavier as a starter, with Gunn, Banks, Newton, and Gallo left to fight over the three spot.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/rayj-dennis-1.html

There been a lot of talk about him and Illinois on the internet. 

https://www.rookiescale.com/early-entrant-tracker/

this site list all of the early entrants. Anyone with the wave and arrow are testing but also in the portal. Only 13 players who are testing are currently in the portal on my count. 

Noah Thomasson 6’3 guard from Niagara

Deshawndre Washington 6’7 wing from New Mexico St

i have no clue if those guys are any good but they’re the only 2 of the 13 that have the size that have anything respectable of a 3pt %

MAC player of the year RayJ Dennis enters transfer portal

KYLE ROWLAND
The Blade

APR 26, 2023

3:56 PM

In an unexpected — and stunning — move on Wednesday, Toledo point guard RayJ Dennis entered the transfer portal.

The reigning Mid-American Conference player of the year entered the NBA draft in March and has until May 31 to remove his name. The expectation was that Dennis would not be given a first- or second-round grade and would return to Toledo for the 2023-24 season.

But on Wednesday afternoon, he tweeted, “If I decide not to stay in the NBA Draft I have entered my name into the transfer portal.”

Players who enter the transfer portal can remain at their current university.

Toledo’s RayJ Dennis celebrates during a Mid-American Conference men’s college basketball game between the University of Toledo and Eastern Michigan University at EMU’s George Gervin GameAbove Center in Ypsilanti, Mich., Feb. 11.

The 6-foot-2, 185-pound guard averaged a team-high 19.5 points per game last season, shooting 48.4 percent from the floor, including 36.6 percent (53 of 145) from 3-point range. Dennis converted 76.9 percent of his free-throw attempts (100 of 130) and averaged 4.3 rebounds, 5.8 assists, and 1.5 steals per game.

The Plainfield, Ill., native played two seasons at Boise State, starting 40 of 60 games. As a sophomore, he averaged 8.6 points, 3.0 rebounds, and a team-best 2.9 assists last season. He led the Broncos with 34 steals.

If Dennis chooses to leave Toledo, he will have no shortage of suitors. He will become one of the most sought-after players in the portal.

First Published April 26, 2023, 3:54pm

24 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

KYLE ROWLAND
The Blade

APR 26, 2023

In an unexpected — and stunning — move on Wednesday, Toledo point guard RayJ Dennis entered the transfer portal.

The reigning Mid-American Conference player of the year entered the NBA draft in March and has until May 31 to remove his name. The expectation was that Dennis would not be given a first- or second-round grade and would return to Toledo for the 2023-24 season.

But on Wednesday afternoon, he tweeted, “If I decide not to stay in the NBA Draft I have entered my name into the transfer portal.”

Toledo’s RayJ Dennis celebrates during a Mid-American Conference men’s college basketball game between the University of Toledo and Eastern Michigan University at EMU’s George Gervin GameAbove Center in Ypsilanti, Mich., Feb. 11.

The 6-foot-2, 185-pound guard averaged a team-high 19.5 points per game last season, shooting 48.4 percent from the floor, including 36.6 percent (53 of 145) from 3-point range. Dennis converted 76.9 percent of his free-throw attempts (100 of 130) and averaged 4.3 rebounds, 5.8 assists, and 1.5 steals per game.

The Plainfield, Ill., native played two seasons at Boise State, starting 40 of 60 games. As a sophomore, he averaged 8.6 points, 3.0 rebounds, and a team-best 2.9 assists last season. He led the Broncos with 34 steals.

If Dennis chooses to leave Toledo, he will have no shortage of suitors. He will become one of the most sought-after players in the portal.

Illinois is the expected destination. 

1 hour ago, ib4iu said:

https://www.rookiescale.com/early-entrant-tracker/

this site list all of the early entrants. Anyone with the wave and arrow are testing but also in the portal. Only 13 players who are testing are currently in the portal on my count. 

Noah Thomasson 6’3 guard from Niagara

Deshawndre Washington 6’7 wing from New Mexico St

i have no clue if those guys are any good but they’re the only 2 of the 13 that have the size that have anything respectable of a 3pt %

Noah Thomasson already announced a final five.  Pitt, Penn state, San Francisco, St. John’s and Georgia.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

KYLE ROWLAND
The Blade

APR 26, 2023

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MKupo_Lb0J8

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Dennis has been CB’d to Illinois 

Area of need, local connection, massive NIL, and they can just give him the keys. It’s a natural fit.

3 minutes ago, Demo said:

Area of need, local connection, massive NIL, and they can just give him the keys. It’s a natural fit.

I selfishly want the ncaa to put in a NIL reporting requirement so we can see the numbers. I can’t figure out if we’re princesses or paupers in that regard. Have to assume we have money so maybe it is an allocation thing. 

Tulane has a couple of intriguing players that entered draft that aren’t shown as top 100 prospects per ESPN. Neither have entered the portal. 

Jaylen Forbes 6’5 192 18.5pts 5rbs 43/86/39 on over 7 - 3 attempts/GM

Sion James 6’6 220 9.7pts 4.8rbs 3.4ast not a great 3 shooter but shot 31% on over 2.6 attempts/game

7 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

WARNING:

If this kid goes into the portal, I strongly advise all not to google and play "RayJ video" on their work computer.

Let's not go down that rabbit hole. Today's kids have no idea.

Edited by OliviaPope40