Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

18 minutes ago, str8baller said:

I selfishly want the ncaa to put in a NIL reporting requirement so we can see the numbers. I can’t figure out if we’re princesses or paupers in that regard. Have to assume we have money so maybe it is an allocation thing. 

From what we heard entering last year, Illinois basketball had the most NIL money in the Big Ten followed by Indiana.  Illinois brings in some talented transfers but Underwood does rub some players the wrong way.  

Hmmmm........

Tanner Holden enters the portal.  Was supposed to be a huge get for Ohio State last year.  Transferred from Wright State where he averaged 20 points, 7 rebounds, and 2 1/2 assists.  Was in the rotation for Ohio State but saw just 13.6 minutes per game, averaging 3.6 points and 2.4 rebounds.  6'6" wing.

He hasn't shot bad from three -- career 36% shooter -- but does not take many of them, only 131 in four years.  Although he played sparingly, he shot well -- 47/50/86 (only took 14 three point attempts).  From what I've read, it's believed he didn't play more because of his defense.  Might be worth a look.

I’ve been bored so I’ve looked at the list of kids who are most likely to withdraw from the NBA draft and guessed on who then might also transfer. Didn’t consider any that will return to a good team. Here are the list of names I find intriguing and a few stats  

Dillon Jones - Weber State 6’6 235 - avg almost 17 & 11 last year. Shot 31% from 3 last year but 35% year before.

Justin Powell - Washington State 6’6 205 - would be 4th school in 4 years. Shot over 42% from 3 on over 5 attempts per game

Zyon Pullin - UC Riverside 6’4 205 - avg 18/4/4 last year. 39% from 3 but only took 2.3/game 

Ithiel Horton - UCF 6’3 200 - former Pitt teammate of Xavier. Shot 35% from 3 last year but is a career 38% on close to 6 attempts per game 

Brandin Podziemski - UCSB 6’5 200 - former Illini from IL. Avg almost 20/9/4 last year. Shot 44% from 3 on almost 6/game 

Jordan Dingle - Penn 6’3 200 - avg 24pts and shot over 35% on almost 8/game from 3.

Casey Morsell - NC State 6’3 196 - avg 11/5 and shot over 41% from 3 on 5.6/game

33 minutes ago, Demo said:

He’s about to turn 26. His freshman season at Coppin St was Tom Crean’s last year in Bloomington.
Jakai Newton was 10. I love this. 

John "Bluto" Blutarksy is the main protagonist of National Lampoon's Animal House. He is seven year college student with a 0.0 grade average, Bluto is responsible for allocating fraternity identifiers to new members.

8 hours ago, LIHoosier said:

7 years is not enough.  I went to IU in 1969.  Left in December 1970.  Entered the military.  Went back to IU in 1975.  Graduated in 1977.  Went to Madison WI and worked.  Went to UW in Engineering.  Graduated in 1982.  

That is three decades.  I have over 200 undergrad credit hours.  2 BS degrees.  Business and Civil and Environmental Engineering.  Retired when I was in my mid 50's.  

There were extenuating circumstances.  I keep trying to tell myself.  

I Don't Wanna Grow Up...Tom Waits  Tom Waits - "I Don't Wanna Grow Up" - YouTube

I saw Tom Waits and Leon Redbone in Madison in the late 70's.  And Jefferson Airplane, BB King, and the Byrds back in 1970, I think...at IU...at the old 10th street stadium next to the main library.  Missed the Who at AH...dang.

I'm not worried about IU basketball this coming season.  It's going to be fun.  Put me in coach.

2 minutes ago, Henryville Hoosier said:

You think we would hear about an upcoming visit or something. Everything seems hush hush. 

Staff will be on the road again this weekend for the second evaluation period.  EYBL in Phoenix.  3SSB in Bryan, TX.  UAA in Rock Hill, SC.  Would expect visits to resume after this weekend is over.

24 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Staff will be on the road again this weekend for the second evaluation period.  EYBL in Phoenix.  3SSB in Bryan, TX.  UAA in Rock Hill, SC.  Would expect visits to resume after this weekend is over.

One of my student's 16UAAU team will be in Rock Hill this weekend. They are the Grand Park Premier.