Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

39 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Robbie Beran of Northwestern in the portal.

Beran isn’t anything special but man, PSU, Minnesota are going to be really bad and Nebraska and Northwestern could be pretty bad too. 

I wonder if B1G officiating can balance these discrepancies. 

Feel like right now the staff is going all chips in on Ledlum, Ware, and possibly Knecht. Timberlake doesn't seem likely to come to IU. Shedrick, Handlogten, and DeLoach seem like backup options right now. 

Ranking the ones I'd like to see at IU

1. Knecht-this team has to get another wing/guard or I don't see IU being a serious contender in the Big Ten/NCAA. Right now it seems he is the only guard IU is really serious with. 

2) Ware- Not a lot of bigs like this in the Big Ten..if any at all. Would love to have him. 

3) Ledlum- Probably a distant third. Just have a hard time seeing how a career 29% three point shooter is going to be our 3. If he's going to be the 4...would rather that be Malik considering he has three years left instead of Ledlum's 1. We will see. Seems like a great kid and would be a positive impact person in the locker room. Obviously would be happy to have him.

20 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Beran isn’t anything special but man, PSU, Minnesota are going to be really bad and Nebraska and Northwestern could be pretty bad too. 

I wonder if B1G officiating can balance these discrepancies. 

If there's a way these crews will find it.

Cruising down the highway with a 70mph speed limit @ 40mph with the windows down and both hands firmly on the steering wheel @ the 10:00 o’clock and 2:00 o’clock position taking a Sunday afternoon cruise.

21 minutes ago, TTT said:

Cruising down the highway with a 70mph speed limit @ 40mph with the windows down and both hands firmly on the steering wheel @ the 10:00 o’clock and 2:00 o’clock position taking a Sunday afternoon cruise.

Same. 

24 minutes ago, TTT said:

That would send my wife into a full on meltdown. Now, make that a convertible with the top down on a deserted country road and I'm all in.

1 hour ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Feel like right now the staff is going all chips in on Ledlum, Ware, and possibly Knecht. Timberlake doesn't seem likely to come to IU. Shedrick, Handlogten, and DeLoach seem like backup options right now. 

Ranking the ones I'd like to see at IU

1. Knecht-this team has to get another wing/guard or I don't see IU being a serious contender in the Big Ten/NCAA. Right now it seems he is the only guard IU is really serious with. 

2) Ware- Not a lot of bigs like this in the Big Ten..if any at all. Would love to have him. 

3) Ledlum- Probably a distant third. Just have a hard time seeing how a career 29% three point shooter is going to be our 3. If he's going to be the 4...would rather that be Malik considering he has three years left instead of Ledlum's 1. We will see. Seems like a great kid and would be a positive impact person in the locker room. Obviously would be happy to have him.

Agree - 1 and 2 may be more like 1A and 1B for me.

Ledlum - think he would be a great addition to the team and program, of course. In terms of how much it elevates our potential/influences our style of play, I'm unsure. He is a very, very good player... like his tape a lot, but shooting is obviously a concern. Sort of see him as a better/more mature version of CJ Gunn (maybe I'm off base with that comparison) but would rather Gunn get some run since he has 3 more years here. The 1 year of eligibility is a damper to me. Somewhat preferred Battle since he did, what he did, vs B10 and could really stretch the floor. Since Ledlum is on an OV right now, the staff clearly wants him. And they know better than me, so I'll welcome him with open arms and trust they know what they want to do next year. 

At the same time, if Ledlum ends up having a prolonged recruitment... I'd be curious if we see any other compelling guards/wings hit the portal. Not sure when the deadline to enter is. Just hoping that Banks/Gunn are able to contribute meaningful minutes at the 3 spot

Agree - 1 and 2 may be more like 1A and 1B for me.

Ledlum - think he would be a great addition to the team and program, of course. In terms of how much it elevates our potential/influences our style of play, I'm unsure. He is a very, very good player... like his tape a lot, but shooting is obviously a concern. Sort of see him as a better/more mature version of CJ Gunn (maybe I'm off base with that comparison) but would rather Gunn get some run since he has 3 more years here. The 1 year of eligibility is a damper to me. Somewhat preferred Battle since he did, what he did, vs B10 and could really stretch the floor. Since Ledlum is on an OV right now, the staff clearly wants him. And they know better than me, so I'll welcome him with open arms and trust they know what they want to do next year. 

At the same time, if Ledlum ends up having a prolonged recruitment... I'd be curious if we see any other compelling guards/wings hit the portal. Not sure when the deadline to enter is. Just hoping that Banks/Gunn are able to contribute meaningful minutes at the 3 spot

Absolutely 100% nailed it. Ware, super intriguing option. He’s a swing for the fences option at the 5. Miss, you still got an athletic 7 footer and Sparks to play the spot. Even Reneau if necessary. Love it.

Knecht is exactly the type of player I’ve wanted at IU for a long time and thought Bates was going to became as a recruit.

Ledlum- I’m 100% with you. Not sure how much he raises our ceiling as our starting 3. Same height as Gunn. Much slower than Gunn. Less athleticism than Gunn. BUT he’s got old man at the Y type game and sometimes those dudes just find ways to get it done whereas Gunn might still be finding his legs collegiately. He’s kind of a bully, which I like, curious if the game translates to the more athletic conferences. I’ll trust in staff on this one, but I preferred Battle. Or Knecht at the 3 and a different option at the 2? Idk. He seems like our next possible commit, so I’ll warm up.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

18 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Absolutely 100% nailed it. Ware, super intriguing option. He’s a swing for the fences option at the 5. Miss, you still got an athletic 7 footer and Sparks to play the spot. Even Reneau if necessary. Love it.

Knecht is exactly the type of player I’ve wanted at IU for a long time and thought Bates was going to became as a recruit.

Ledlum- I’m 100% with you. Not sure how much he raises our ceiling as our starting 3. Same height as Gunn. Much slower than Gunn. Less athleticism than Gunn. BUT he’s got old man at the Y type game and sometimes those dudes just find ways to get it done whereas Gunn might still be finding his legs collegiately. He’s kind of a bully, which I like, curious if the game translates to the more athletic conferences. I’ll trust in staff on this one, but I preferred Battle. Or Knecht at the 3 and a different option at the 2? Idk. He seems like our next possible commit, so I’ll warm up.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I read Tony Adragna’s breakdown, and he makes some great points relative to defense.  Good steal rate, block rate, and rebounder. So, all the things that Miller Kopp struggled with. That would be a welcomed change. 

3 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I read Tony Adragna’s breakdown, and he makes some great points relative to defense.  Good steal rate, block rate, and rebounder. So, all the things that Miller Kopp struggled with. That would be a welcomed change. 

Hey... if he can rebound and defend the perimeter well, that is a big impact for us. Hope the visit goes well!