Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Archie. Miller. Fired.

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

How do we interpret that?  The most important player on the team.  Would like to keep TJD, Lander, Race, and Franklin.  Those are my top 4

Of course he is going to be sad.  Archie is the reason he came to IU.  In the long run it doesn't matter.  If getting rid of Miller is the right move, then the players will come.   Next year might be rough, but realistically it isn't going to be any worse than this year. 

45 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

This is so bizarre. 

Four years ago on a March morning, I took my dog for our daily walk. She's very demanding, so she insists we go about the same time every day and doesn't want me messing on the cellie or what not -- so I leave all that stuff behind. It's just she and I and nature. An hour or so later, we get home and I have a flood of texts about the firing of CTC. 

A few days later, same thing -- me, the hound and nature. I get home to a flood of texts about the hiring of CAM. 

And today, wouldn't you know it -- same damn thing. I even waited a little longer than usual -- just to see if any news broke on this front -- and: nothing. Then the pooch and I leave and -- the hammer falls. And I come home to a flood of texts, etc. 

If it isn't too much trouble could you take the dog for another walk? I am anxious to find out who will be coaching IUB next season.

2 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Hope Dolson's definition of significant upgrade is the same as mine. 

Of course it is! Here’s the thing with Dolson. He knows and wants what we all want. He’s been at IU for years and had firsthand sight of IU at its best! He will get it right! Has to!

8 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Cheaney is on the Pacers currently, although I assume it'd be a little easier to break off a contract being an assistant as opposed to Stevens as the HC

I don’t think he’ll be a serious contender for the head job. That said if it’s Brad or someone in the NBA it will likely be a Stephanie White situation when she went to Vandy.

I just had a coworker text me that Archie was fired.  He's a Florida graduate and fan, but a very knowledgeable guy about basketball.  He doesn't know our lists of candidates or anything in depth, but he also told me he thinks we'll get Chris Beard.  Interesting to hear from an outsiders perspective.

Let us never forget holding on to Crean too long and the whole Miller debacle lies squarely in the lap of Fred Glass. Cool dad should be banned from entering AH ever again.

Time to let that go now. Step 1 to rectify that has been taken today.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

36 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

It’s a long shot but any chance Brad is going to take the job but wants an associate head coach to run things until the NBA season is over. So Brad hires a guy he knows and trusts that knows the B1G in Matta to run things and be his associate head coach since he’s already living in Indy. I know unlikely but just a crazy idea that his me lol

Seems too good to be true, but is not utterly ridiculous. Let's make this our working theory!