Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Penn State - 2/23/20 @ Noon

3 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

lol it's actually not even close to the same thing. Do you claim to be a person who moves pianos..? I would guess not.

Al is and claims to be a basketball player. So asking him to do things a basketball player is expected to do should be expected. 

Your over simplifying basketball greatly which doesn’t surprise me at all. 

13 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Your over simplifying basketball greatly which doesn’t surprise me at all. 

lol and your argument about moving pianos somehow didn't oversimplify basketball.

have a good day brass. 

24 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

lol and your argument about moving pianos somehow didn't oversimplify basketball.

have a good day brass. 

All offenses are exactly the same I guess in your head. 

Al was recruited to play in an offense where turnovers were fine and probably be a bench player. But yeah totally fair to expect him to be a starter and throw creative passes without turnovers.  It’s 100 percent his fault for not being that player. 

Enjoy your day hope this is the only insulting kids for no reason you do today. 

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

Never been a big fan of that stat but when somebody is consistently doing that well on it definitely says something about them. 

In my opinion, with this team it's a stat that speaks volumes.  Not just about the player getting that stat but the 4 other players on the court with him.

17 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

In my opinion, with this team it's a stat that speaks volumes.  Not just about the player getting that stat but the 4 other players on the court with him.

Oh I really like the stat for whole line ups. Not so much for individual players. 

Anyone else want to break things when they watch Justin Smith play basketball?

For every big play he makes, there's a bone-headed turnover or ill-advised shot attempt. He played 31 minutes yesterday and I only remember seeing him for the last 5:00 of the game, unless he was dribbling the ball off of his foot or missing an easy put-back. 

3 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Duh Because he shouldn’t be a decision maker. Like I have been saying.  

We shouldn’t be surprised when we ask a bad decision maker to make decisions and they are bad. 

How are you not getting this

Al, or anyone on the roster, should be able to handle the ball in a critical situation.  

3 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

I’m not talking about one play. And no matter how many times you try to change what I said you aren’t going to change A) What I said or B) Reality. 

Al Durham is not a primary ball handler. He isn’t. Because of poor roster construction we need him to act like one for 8-10 minutes a game. It’s not his fault he isn’t up to that task. And he most certainly shouldn’t be asked to be our primary ball handler in the final 4 minutes of a close game.

A junior guard in the Big Ten should be able to handle the ball and make good decisions. I can understand saying that if he was a freshman but he has had 3 years to get better which I think he has. He just made some bad decisions yesterday. 

11 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

A junior guard in the Big Ten should be able to handle the ball and make good decisions. I can understand saying that if he was a freshman but he has had 3 years to get better which I think he has. He just made some bad decisions yesterday. 

I agree he should be at that point. But he can’t. The solution isn’t to keep putting him in a position to fail thinking that will somehow make it better.  

Al should be the backup SG. Not the starting SG and back up PG.