Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2021) SF - Aminu Mohammed to Georgetown

Greenwood HS participating in the Willard Basketball Classic.  In its opening round game Greenwood defeated Camdenton  75 - 35 after leading 48-13 at the half.  Aminu had 14 pts; 5 reb and 3 asst in the first half.  He finished with 18 pts; 8 reb; 4 asst.
He plays again Friday night with the championship game Saturday night.

Wish covid wasn’t an issue, I could go drive a couple hours to go watch him play.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

14 hours ago, Demo said:

Greenwood plays at Jefferson City, OG’s old haunts, Dec 12th. I reached out to the school last week and as of then they were planning on allowing 20% capacity into a gym that seats, if I remember it correctly, about 2500. So 500 or so. I’m debating driving over for that one. I’ve dm’d a few times with Harmon and would like to meet him in person. 

Maybe I’ll just go ahead and close this one for Archie.

Always be closing! Make sure to give him some IU bumper stickers. 

From what I hear Aminu would still have to pay his own way for a semester if he wants to go early 

Heard that too, but Crean’s making moves. Never doubt him. He brought Thon Maker to Hoosier Hysteria, lol. What’s the going rate for OVs? 10k?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

8 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Heard that too, but Crean’s making moves. Never doubt him. He brought Thon Maker to Hoosier Hysteria, lol. What’s the going rate for OVs? 10k?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Which is hysterical since we fired Sampson for Text messages and had to compromise quality to get somebody squeaky clean 

10 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

From what I hear Aminu would still have to pay his own way for a semester if he wants to go early 

From things I've read, as long as a team has one open, he can go on scholarship right away if he heads to college early. Which makes me wonder if Crean has the inside track now that a Georgia player has "decided" to transfer. 

45 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Which is hysterical since we fired Sampson for Text messages and had to compromise quality to get somebody squeaky clean 

It's not a matter of IF a program is clean or not.  It's a matter of how dirty are they.  I highly doubt even the "cleanest" programs aren't dipping their toes in the mud.  When there is that much on the line coaches and programs are going to find a way to get ahead.  Hell, Creighton is caught up in the fallout of the FBI investigation.  I wouldn't be surprised if they're hammered while others skate.

As much as I want to hate Sampson and blame him, it’s embarrassing to see Houston top 10-25 every year and to wonder what could have been if we had an admin that wasn’t so worried about PR. I have no doubt we would have been to multiple E8s and beyond had we never got rid of him

8 minutes ago, Jeff_Boy_Ardee said:

As much as I want to hate Sampson and blame him, it’s embarrassing to see Houston top 10-25 every year and to wonder what could have been if we had an admin that wasn’t so worried about PR. I have no doubt we would have been to multiple E8s and beyond had we never got rid of him

What's even more embarrassing is that he was hired because Adam Herbert thought he was black. 

11 hours ago, Jeff_Boy_Ardee said:

That DJ White/Eric Gordon team would have been in the Final 4. 

Follow that up with Armon Bassett and Devin Ebanks.  Those teams would have been really good.

Frustrating.

1 hour ago, AKHoosier said:

That DJ White/Eric Gordon team would have been in the Final 4. 

Follow that up with Armon Bassett and Devin Ebanks.  Those teams would have been really good.

Frustrating.

Agreed, but I wonder if they would have been eligible to play in the tournament.  Tu Holloway was involved in a really disgusting incident at Xavier that would not have played out well here.

8 minutes ago, Josh said:

Agreed, but I wonder if they would have been eligible to play in the tournament.  Tu Holloway was involved in a really disgusting incident at Xavier that would not have played out well here.

My thoughts, would they have passed drug tests administered in the tourney?