Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2021) SF - Aminu Mohammed to Georgetown

Tonight's your night to watch Aminu in action.

Tonight’s Championship game Greenwood Vs Kickapoo will be broadcast live on http://Citylinktv.com on the Springfield (Mo) Sports Network. Tip-off is scheduled for 8:00.  (9:00 ET).

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Tonight's your night to watch Aminu in action.

Tonight’s Championship game Greenwood Vs Kickapoo will be broadcast live on http://Citylinktv.com on the Springfield (Mo) Sports Network. Tip-off is scheduled for 8:00.  (9:00 ET).

Has a chance to be an objectively interesting game. Kickapoo has a top 150ish CG in Anton Brookshire, who’s going to Mizzou, and a couple of other kids with mid-major offers.

17 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

I’d like to point out that Old Fart just listened to an entire radio broadcast of a bad Missouri high school basketball game to keep stats on a recruit to post for you heathens. 

Old Fart is a treasure. 

I second your sentiment, if somebody hasn't already.

19 hours ago, Jeff_Boy_Ardee said:

As much as I want to hate Sampson and blame him, it’s embarrassing to see Houston top 10-25 every year and to wonder what could have been if we had an admin that wasn’t so worried about PR. I have no doubt we would have been to multiple E8s and beyond had we never got rid of him

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I agree- no one can question that Sampson is an excellent coach. He appears to be a scum-bag though (well beyond texting). His teams "character" seemed to reflect their coach. Not saying the admin didn't grossly mishandle it though. Seems to be a theme with IU.

Ancient history now- come on Aminu, you know you want to be a Hoosier!

Every tournament championship game should be this exciting.   Kickapoo led most of the game through 3 quarters but Greenwood  refused to quit and pulled out a 74-72 victory.   .

Greenwood had all it wanted from Kickapoo who was a final 4 team last spring before everything came to a halt.  And it didn't help Greenwood that Kickapoo hit 8 3's in the first half and at least another 4 in the second half.    

Aminu finished with 43 pts. on 12-14 FG; 4-9 on 3s; 7-11 FT; 10 reb; 2 stls; 3 blks; 4 TO.  This was the 12th time in Aminu's career he scored at least 43 points.

Greenwood 74-72.

Great game.

Aminu gets 43.

Serenaded with “overrated” chant at one point.

2 thoughts on Aminu.

1. He’s an athletic beast. Great dribbling, driving, and finishing. Shooting is ok from 3 and FT line. Not great. But can shoot it. He’s SUPER impressive.

2. He is VERY vocal and Very demonstrative towards his teammates. Not always in a positive way. Could wear thin, but ultra competitive and really wants to win.

Impressed by Haney and Brookshire from Poo. Both solid, nice shooting, guards.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

8 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Greenwood 74-72.

Great game.

Aminu gets 43.

Serenaded with “overrated” chant at one point.

2 thoughts on Aminu.

1. He’s an athletic beast. Great dribbling, driving, and finishing. Shooting is ok from 3 and FT line. Not great. But can shoot it. He’s SUPER impressive.

2. He is VERY vocal and Very demonstrative towards his teammates. Not always in a positive way. Could wear thin, but ultra competitive and really wants to win.

Impressed by Haney and Brookshire from Poo. Both solid, nice shooting, guards.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Being that demonstrative on court is a new thing, at least to me. In the past, while the kid unfailingly competes his a** off, his demeanor has always been almost stoic. Clearly he’s been challenged to be a more vocal leader, and I’m not sure that comes to him naturally. But, athletically, yeah, he’s just unusual. There aren’t a lot of kids with that tool kit. 

1 hour ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Saw this. Seems he likes to post stuff about IU in some way or the other.
IMG_1607257638.219882.jpg

Strikes me as a situation where they want to pick IU for whatever reason. But they will make it a business decision just hope we are the best there

Strikes me as a situation where they want to pick IU for whatever reason. But they will make it a business decision just hope we are the best there

I have different thoughts on why this happens but do agree it’s a business decision.

Aminu finishing with 43 points, 10 rebounds, 4-9 from 3 is exciting - no doubt. He doesn’t look that good to me though, more like a 3 star recruit. It seems like he’s very casual and sluggish out there. He dominates because he’s a little taller than most of his opponents and can dunk when wide open. Most of his points are just open lay ups. He’s not very impressive to me. I don’t know how he became 11th ranked in ESPN’s 2021 recruiting class

However, I wasn’t very optimistic about Trey Galloway, and boy he proved me wrong! A five star recruit- and 11th in the country, would still be great.

1 hour ago, NRT137 said:

Aminu finishing with 43 points, 10 rebounds, 4-9 from 3 is exciting - no doubt. He doesn’t look that good to me though, more like a 3 star recruit. It seems like he’s very casual and sluggish out there. He dominates because he’s a little taller than most of his opponents and can dunk when wide open. Most of his points are just open lay ups. He’s not very impressive to me. I don’t know how he became 11th ranked in ESPN’s 2021 recruiting class

However, I wasn’t very optimistic about Trey Galloway, and boy he proved me wrong! A five star recruit- and 11th in the country, would still be great.

You might want to do a little more research on what he’s done and who he’s done it against. 

You’ve got to be kidding?  Sluggish? Did we watch the same games?  He’s not 6’9”.  Those guards he was playing last night were good.  Kickapoos whole strategy was to stop Aminu and they couldn’t. 

Good to get the various perspectives from you guys here. I hope we can get him.

Not all 5 stars are created equal. He doesn't have to sell everyone on his top 15 ranking.

His numbers are video game-like though, and his measurables and athleticism are off the charts.

Aminu would make us better, no doubt. We should all be ecstatic if he comes to IU. We really need recruiting momentum.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

My understanding is that Aminu was regularly getting to the rim and getting it done in high level DC high school ball

as a freshman.

Also did that in the 2019 AAU season which is definitely a step up in the level of competition.

5 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

You’ve got to be kidding?  Sluggish? Did we watch the same games?  He’s not 6’9”.  Those guards he was playing last night were good.  Kickapoos whole strategy was to stop Aminu and they couldn’t. 

I'm hoping he's being very sarcastic, hoping.