Jump to content

Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

The Season Is Finally Over, Now Where Does This Program Go?

Recommended Posts

As frustrating as he can be at times, I think losing Smith will/would be a bigger loss than people think.  

Agreed. He has more defensive versatility than anybody else. Effort and focus was an issue, but he could switch 1-5. Consistent focus would give the defense a really high ceiling


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, InArchWeTrust said:

As frustrating as he can be at times, I think losing Smith will/would be a bigger loss than people think.  

It depends. Is he a locker room problem? If so, addition by subtraction. This team needs guys who will play for Indiana and Archie Miller. Outside of Rob, Al, De'Ron, and Race that was hard to find on a consistent basis last year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HoosierFan1994 said:

It depends. Is he a locker room problem? If so, addition by subtraction. This team needs guys who will play for Indiana and Archie Miller. Outside of Rob, Al, De'Ron, and Race that was hard to find on a consistent basis last year. 

I agree with you completely if that is the case.  If so, he should find somewhere else to play.  It's tough to build anything if everyone isn't marching to the beat of the same drum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Free Jurkin! said:


Agreed. He has more defensive versatility than anybody else. Effort and focus was an issue, but he could switch 1-5. Consistent focus would give the defense a really high ceiling


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What you said is true, but I just wouldn't count on that out of some players who shall remain nameless.

If you haven't shown enough consistency and focus after your sophomore year, especially when your team needed you to, then you probably won't in your next two years.  You are who you are at this point.

Maybe that's a coaching issue too, I don't know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

It depends. Is he a locker room problem? If so, addition by subtraction. This team needs guys who will play for Indiana and Archie Miller. Outside of Rob, Al, De'Ron, and Race that was hard to find on a consistent basis last year. 

Exactly. I mean we have no idea what went on behind closed doors or what the dynamic was with him and his teammates. I did see him give minimal effort at certain times and what looked like some pouting when he did not get the ball. His dad kind of validated some of it on twitter. I know other guys like Green had moments like this too. Either grow up and continue to work hard or get out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m kinda hoping smith doesn’t transfer. It’s hard to find versatile upperclassman wings. Just would need him to learn from devonte and have a change of heart, plus a huge offseason to develop actual basketball skills.

 

Could be a long shot, but if he gets his attitude right, the talent is obviously worth keeping

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

Exactly. I mean we have no idea what went on behind closed doors or what the dynamic was with him and his teammates. I did see him give minimal effort at certain times and what looked like some pouting when he did not get the ball. His dad kind of validated some of it on twitter. I know other guys like Green had moments like this too. Either grow up and continue to work hard or get out. 

Bingo. I think all of these guys are great kids. Everyone is wired different. I don't mean to compare a fraternity to a basketball program but we had members drop all the time. They weren't bad people. It was because it wasn't a good fit for them and the passion wasn't there. I saw a lot of that this year like you did. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CrossboneIU22 said:

Anyone know how to check the transfer portal?

Pretty sure only athletic departments have access to it. 

Edit: The actual NCAA portal, that is. That stuff gets out quick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×