Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

48 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Extremely sad day. I haven't had the time to come on here until now. Really enjoy reading all the stories about him. I was born in 1994 so my memories are at the tail end of his time at IU. Growing up in Indiana, the most popular man wearing red with white hair was not Santa. It was Bob Knight.

2) He really should have 5 National Titles. At least a total of four. That is a fact. Scott May in 1975. Alan Henderson in 1993. 

Knight once said that he had a lot in common with Santa Claus - both were fat men, dressed in red that kids loved! :D

Don't forget 1973 ... FF vs Wooden and UCLA ... had the foul call between Steve Downing and Bill Walton gone the other way (the correct way), THAT could have been title #1.

1 minute ago, Hovadipo said:

Haven’t seen it mentioned yet, but his short time calling games and in-studio for ESPN was excellent as well. Always stayed on games he was calling a little longer while flipping around. 

He had a way of breaking it down and explaining how seemingly small things can change the game.

5 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Haven’t seen it mentioned yet, but his short time calling games and in-studio for ESPN was excellent as well. Always stayed on games he was calling a little longer while flipping around. 

Agree. His pre draft breakdown of Steph Currys passing is almost as good as his Jordan rant. 

2 hours ago, Scotty R said:

I was born in September of 1970 so RMK was the only coach at IU I knew. I don't think some of the younger fans realize what IU basketball was like in the 70's and 80's. I am not saying this as a bad thing but IU basketball was like a cult for the fans. Most people I knew scheduled their  day around IU basketball on game day. We as a family would sit together and watch every game. It was a different time where there were less things to occupy your time. We only had 1 TV in the house early on so it was a family thing to do. There were no cable or streaming outlets so you only had 4 channels to choose from. I also watched every pre game show to watch coach RMK break down the game plan. Every Sunday morning I would watch the Bob Knight show on channel 4

Yeah very fond memories.  I was born an IU baby in September of1971.  Both my parents went to IU and so did multiple uncles and aunts. I went to IU in the early '90s.  Now we just need Coach Woodson get us back to winning times like the man the myth the legend of "The General"

Rest well, Coach Knight. I was too young to see your hey day, but I know I grew up a fan of the Hoosiers because of you. You were the reason my father held season tickets and brought me to games from the time I was 6 months old in ‘96. It was because of you we share a love of IU Basketball. A love so deep that from the time I was a little boy, I dreamed of putting on the Candy Stripes and running out the tunnel with that “Indiana” across my chest, which led me to coming to IU for my undergraduate.. There was something magnetic about that floor you stood on because each game my father took me to, I had to go and walk on it on the way to our seats. Any chance I got to walk on that floor you commanded, I took it. You connected the team with the fans, and we all can thank you for that dynamic. You did it your way, and for that, I hope we all can respect. Rest well, Bob Knight. Your legacy is cemented. 

With his health and being in hospice it's not unexpected but still kind of hard to believe.

A truly phenomenal coach that changed the game and a flawed individual; you always knew where you stood with him though. Quinn Bucker, Isiah Thomas, Mike Woodson etc absolutely loved him.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/college/indiana/2023/11/02/bob-knight-how-iu-will-honor-the-legendary-coach/71421376007/

IUBB and IUWBB will wear RMK patches on their uniforms all season and a moment of silence before the exhibition against Marian.  IUFB will have decals on their helmets the rest of the season; although they're so bad I'm not sure that's actually a sign of respect.

Watching the big 10 tribute right now and they are showing bob knight at half time of the purdue game. Losing that game Archie can never be forgiven for. You have to have your guys ready to win that game at all costs. Rip coach. Such a huge part of my life. I know he is in a better place but very sad to see him go

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

He was the greatest of all time, because his teams were not just a bunch of 5 star one and done recruits, many were just kids from small towns and he took them and created a team, getting the most out of each player! He was a hero of mine and I hope one day to shake his hand in Heaven!

9 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

I agree. He had a great way of breaking down the game. 

1 hour ago, RoadRage said:

He was the greatest of all time, because his teams were not just a bunch of 5 star one and done recruits, many were just kids from small towns and he took them and created a team, getting the most out of each player! He was a hero of mine and I hope one day to shake his hand in Heaven!

Non zero chance the gates were opened out of fear.