Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs. Illinois - Thurs., 1/3 @ 7:00

1 minute ago, mdn82 said:

Because some people only post negative comments. Unless those people truly feel others only want to hear their negative insight. But in real life do you like talking to people that are only negative?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Fair but I think this team for the most part has not played up to its potential which would lead to a lot of objective assessment that also appears negative. 

2 minutes ago, yogisballin said:

Hey idea, don’t read it! Couldn’t tell you the last time I’ve really been in a game thread fussing about the way we play/played but ok bud.

Wow. Where do I even start. I love IU basketball, but I should ignore the game threads because some of you just want to spout non-stop negativity, great community building. 

1 minute ago, mdn82 said:

Yeah it’s where I am. I think we lose big there. Best team in the country imo.

I think we'll have a good idea of the outcome within the first few minutes of the game. Like Duke, Michigan is a team we can't afford a sluggish start against. 

1 minute ago, JSHoosier said:

I like that we're undefeated in conference.  I like that we played very well defensively for much of the game.  I like that we were able to close it out.

I hate the constant slow starts.  There might not be a player on the roster I trust less than Green.

I like we are essentially playing with house money on Sunday. And only have one potential bad loss left on schedule

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I think we'll have a good idea of the outcome within the first few minutes of the game. Like Duke, Michigan is a team we can't afford a sluggish start against. 

Hopefully we get up for that game.  If Green plays like he did tonight it'd probably still be over early though.

Juwan follows up his triple-double with a double-double, Hoosiers force Illini into 21 turnovers including 6 shot clock violations, Indiana with 13 steals, Langford with season high 28 points, Smith 4-5 from the field and 6 offensive rebounds, 25 made free throws (but 10 misses).  Okay, there are some positives from this game in addition to the victory.   Afraid to start a list of negative things...

2 minutes ago, cappymo14 said:

5 shot clock violations forced. I saw that and felt positive.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Seems like we've forced several so far this year.  Granted some of those came against cupcakes.

I think we likely get blown out but that is a game we are not expected to win nor would it be a bad loss.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Just now, Uspshoosier said:

You would think people might be excited outside of Romeo and Juwan about 5 forced shot clock violations and the defense played for the most part. Great sight to see in a B1G game. Here is hoping that one of these days these Hoosiers will have the perfect game and all Hoosier fans can enjoy a 12-2 team that’s 3-0 in the B1G. If not oh well I’m sure me and you and some others will enjoy it

Smith had a good game. Davis contributed in the time he played.

18 minutes ago, yogisballin said:

Fitzner, man this guy looks so scared out there! I’ll be good if he never sees another minute

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

He does look scared. There were times on offense that it looked to me he was trying to avoid getting open on the perimeter so he did not have to shoot.  Has a decent stroke but needs to get his confidence back.

Fair but I think this team for the most part has not played up to its potential which would lead to a lot of objective assessment that also appears negative. 

I guess how have they not? Did anyone expect a better record than what we have to this point? This is what a team looks like that is a 4-5 seed in the tourney which we will be around. Win consistently and lose on the road to equal talents and lose to better teams. If we made games look easy consistently we would be a top 2 seed. We just aren’t that good. We have upside but it is what it is. The boards are just different now. Just not the place to come and celebrate a win after the game anymore.

Just now, mdn82 said:

I guess how have they not? Did anyone expect a better record than what we have to this point? This is what a team looks like that is a 4-5 seed in the tourney which we will be around. Win consistently and lose on the road to equal talents and lose to better teams. If we made games look easy consistently we would be a top 2 seed. We just aren’t that good. We have upside but it is what it is. The boards are just different now. Just not the place to come and celebrate a win after the game anymore.

We have played just well enough to win most games but most games we have massive stretches where they look like they don’t know what a basketball is

10 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Hopefully we get up for that game.  If Green plays like he did tonight it'd probably still be over early though.

I don't remember their student section being particularly raucous in the past, but their students will still be on break for the game so that's something in our favor.