Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ThompsonHoosier

Indiana @ Minnesota Game Thread 10/26 8:00PM ET FS1

2 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I'd be shocked if I hadn't seen the same script time after time. IU football doing IU football things.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

How true. Obviously I was hoping we would pull it out but if I had been forced to bet on the outcome after we tied it I would have, due to decades of research, bet on an implosion.  

After 3 decades of watching IU football and not missing a game, I can honestly say I don’t really care if I see another one this season.

I just find it hard to believe that an AD of a power 5 conference can watch IU football and not be absolutely embarrassed. I mean embarrassed enough to make drastic changes and commitments to a program. He’s an alumni for Goodness sakes.

Why do we HAVE to settle for mediocrity? Why does that have to be our story? Blows my mind that this administration is just okay with the product. Year after year we settle for a rinse and repeat strategy, and expect a different outcome...or maybe that’s just it, the only ones expecting a different outcome are the fans. 

Clean house, and find leadership that wants to bring true change, because an AD and President only committed enough to hire a DC who’s not getting a whiff of any HC jobs to lead the program into the future isn’t working. Who would have guessed?

Edited by monskisprodigy

1 hour ago, JSHoosier said:

I stand by what I've said before.  Ramsey is limited, very limited, but DeBord is part of the problem.  We were moving the ball and he went as basic as possible and there's no excuse for it; sad thing is, we've seen him do that same crap before so it's not surprising.

Ramsey made the wrong read on the RPO.   DeBord didn't.  Ramsey could have pulled that and run for 20 yards.  He also has the option to pull it and throw it.   That is a QB problem; not a play calling problem.   The "O" means the QB has the option to do one of 3 things....and he chose the wrong one.  Again. He does that all the time, which is part of the reason I don't believe he's a winner.

1 hour ago, cthomas said:

We go conservative and punt, they get aggressive and and score. Sounds about right.

When you run for 7 yards on 1st down, an RPO is not a bad call.  But you have to make the right read; and Ramsey didn't.  Twice in a row.  Watch the film.  Receivers were running routes.  They were not straight running plays.

9 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

mRamsey made the wrong read on the RPO.   DeBord didn't.  Ramsey could have pulled that and run for 20 yards.  He also has the option to pull it and throw it.   That is a QB problem; not a play calling problem.   The "O" means the QB has the option to do one of 3 things....and he chose the wrong one.  Again. He does that all the time, which is part of the reason I don't believe he's a winner.

3 QBs have looked bad under Debord. At a certain point you gotta blame the common denominator. 

9 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

3 QBs have looked bad under Debord. At a certain point you gotta blame the common denominator. 

Who?  I thought Penix looked just fine.   Rusty on occasion, but the ball was being moved downfield.   I don't count last season as worth much, so I guess I disagree with you.  One quarterback has looked bad under DeBord in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

Who?  I thought Penix looked just fine.   Rusty on occasion, but the ball was being moved downfield.   I don't count last season as worth much, so I guess I disagree with you.  One quarterback has looked bad under DeBord in my opinion.

He was 9 of 19 with less than 5 yards per attempt. The ball was hardly moving downfield. 

Allen needs to hire or designate someone other than himself as the D coordinator. I don’t think he can handle those duties with the duties of being the head coach. That and Debord needs to go. We have too many talented players on offense to be this bad on O. Makes those changes and things could be better next year

7 hours ago, Old Friend said:

Ramsey made the wrong read on the RPO.   DeBord didn't.  Ramsey could have pulled that and run for 20 yards.  He also has the option to pull it and throw it.   That is a QB problem; not a play calling problem.   The "O" means the QB has the option to do one of 3 things....and he chose the wrong one.  Again. He does that all the time, which is part of the reason I don't believe he's a winner.

If your QB is consistently making the wrong read on the RPO, why keep calling an RPO?

Is DeBord your uncle or something?

8 hours ago, Old Friend said:

Lagow, Ramsey and Penix have all looked bad under him. Lagow went from 7.7 YPA under Wilson to 6.6 YPA under DeBord. All three quarterbacks have had low ypa's under DeBord, because he has a conservative approach and refuses to take anything resembling a risk. He lost the game for us last night with his three straight run plays. His actions really are indefensible. I don't know how you can run in here week after week and defend the guy. Basically every other IU fan realizes he sucks, regardless of which side they fall on the Ramsey debate. 

In case any of the younger crowd needs proof, we have been (and I think can be) good in football. This happened on Oct. 24, 1987 -- almost 31 years ago to the day. If you had told me that would be the last time we'd beat Michigan, I wouldn't have believed it. I was in school at the time, but didn't go to the game. I was in my apartment, drinking beer and celebrating! ... That was the first -- and only -- time we beat OSU and Michigan in the same season. We played at OSU and hosted Michigan. These days, we seem to play both at home or both on the road. I wish that'd change -- playing in Columbus and Ann Arbor in the same season is a very daunting task for anyone. Especially us!