Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

AZ Hoosier

(2019) CG Jahmius Ramsey

4 hours ago, Andowen1990IU said:

Louisville is a very cool city. It has a great music and art culture, history and tradition that has been adapted to the modern times, and a pretty good food scene. My friends and I love going there. I am also 27 and into that type of stuff, but my general understanding with talking to strangers and reading articles is that Louisville is pretty cool for certain demographics.

That being said, I doubt any of that stuff will will convince a 17 year old to go to a program. 

Louisville certainly has it's unique and cool aspects. I completely agree with you that each place in the country/world has something to offer and appreciate.

The perspective from which I was speaking was that of a recruit with options all over the country. I don't think Louisville would pop up on their "cool" list. 

4 hours ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Louisville certainly has it's unique and cool aspects. I completely agree with you that each place in the country/world has something to offer and appreciate.

The perspective from which I was speaking was that of a recruit with options all over the country. I don't think Louisville would pop up on their "cool" list. 

So, what would you say most highly rated recruits are looking for? A good coach? CHECK!  A great fan base? CHECK!  Great media coverage? CHECK!  A great arena to play in? ONE OF THE ABSOLUTE BEST!  Notoriety around town? CHECK!  Thriving party district? CHECK!  Good looking coeds? ALL schools except PUke. This in not your Dad's recruits. Most great players are focused on the NBA, not education!

So, what would you say most highly rated recruits are looking for? A good coach? CHECK!  A great fan base? CHECK!  Great media coverage? CHECK!  A great arena to play in? ONE OF THE ABSOLUTE BEST!  Notoriety around town? CHECK!  Thriving party district? CHECK!  Good looking coeds? ALL schools except PUke. This in not your Dad's recruits. Most great players are focused on the NBA, not education!

How about better weather, better coeds, better campus, better party scene? I’m going UCLA, Duke, Zona, UNC, and more over Louisville. Just saying.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I agree they want CHECK’s or CASH.

3 minutes ago, jbell833 said:

Looks like Texas Tech has picked up a few recent CB for Ramsey. This just be stemming from his recent visit to TTU. Hopefully we are still hard after him, I would love to have this kid.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

If we dont get him im not too worried. We have lots of talented players somebody will be able to slide over to the 2. Jerome, Damezi and Brooks all want to play the 2 anyway. 

Getting TJD and Brooks is key though. 

3 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Well you should tell coach Miller that. He’s under the impression they do.  But hey what could he possibly know about basketball 

I'll go with what CAM thinks on the abilities of his players.

I get needing foot speed (shouldn't it be feet speed?) to defend but all those players have good length and athletic ability. I could see them playing off the smaller guards and using their length.

On Ramsey, if he chooses to be a Hoosier I'll be happy to have him.

I get needing foot speed (shouldn't it be feet speed?) to defend but all those players have good length and athletic ability. I could see them playing off the smaller guards and using their length.

On Ramsey, if he chooses to be a Hoosier I'll be happy to have him.

Maybe one foot is fast but the other is slow. I think that is my problem.

On 9/13/2018 at 3:55 PM, Brass Cannon said:

Well you should tell coach Miller that. He’s under the impression they do.  But hey what could he possibly know about basketball 

Have you ever watched either play? I've watched Damezi play, he's going to struggle guarding college 2s.

He'll have time to acclimate though.