Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

AZ Hoosier

(2019) CG Jahmius Ramsey

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Another way of looking at it? We are the last of his three scheduled OVs:

1. September 8th - Texas Tech in Lubbock Texas: Football school during a football home game blowout cupcake weekend.
  2. September 15th - Louisville: Another home football game. Ugly campus. AND...In a little trouble lately if ya hadn't heard ; )
  3. September 29th - IU: All about basketball, with TJD and Keion sitting next to him and in his ear at a truly rocking Assembly Hall.

Perfect.

Well, Lubbock in early September is probably better than Lubbock in July or August but that is pretty academic and about the nicest thing I can say about it. 

54 minutes ago, VO5 said:

Would be huge to get Ramsey. His recruitment seems pretty open so I’m cautiously optimistic we can do it

We're one of the first 3 to get an official visit, with Louisville and Texas Tech.  This is insane.  Should we be more excited here?

My scouting report on him wasn't great...  I saw him, Lewis, and Mann play in April, and I liked Ramsey the least of the three.  But I only saw him one time, and I'm no scout.  In my view he just didn't play like a guard.  Not even a combo guard.  I think it's better to just consider him to be a basketball player or even just an athlete.  He's certainly productive, and Archie probably likes his defensive versatility.  He is one of those kids that handles contact well.  This goes beyond squats and off-season lifting programs; just a tough-nosed type that isn't afraid to knock around.  

If I recall, Ramsey is from Texas, so that maybe explains the Texas Tech thing.  He's already moved away to IMG (Florida) and now Oak Hill (Jersey?), so I don't know that he's beholden to home.  I'm not thrilled with being considered with Louisville.  Perhaps I'm punishing the son for the sins of the father here, I'd just be happier if they continued to get lumped with SEC schools and Memphis.  

I guess the bottom line is that this kid has showed out all spring and summer.  At the very least he caught the attention of the recruiting services, who have been raising his ranking all summer until he is now at the cusp of a 5th star.  Interestingly, he has not yet caught the attention of major programs.  If you look at his offer list, there's no Kansas, Kentucky, UNC, UCLA, Duke, Villanova, or really very many 2nd tier offers, either.  That's out of the ordinary for a kid #32 composite.  What's the issue here? 

Would I like him to commit?  Obviously, I'd be thrilled.  Would I choose him over Brandon Newman, and his 43% from 3?  Rankings be damned, probably not.  After the last 2 years, I'm really jonesing for some shooters.  Guys tailor made to get shots up from 3.  Maybe Damezi will be the guy here?  I think Newman could be, too.  Where we have 2 scholarships already earmarked for TJD and Brooks, I'd like the 3rd to answer a team need.

1 minute ago, Hoosier Guy said:

If IU gets Keion, TJD and Stewart, the state will once again belong to IU

Well, technically, since we got the top three in-state players coming this year, the state currently belongs to IU.

If we get those three next year, the state will not "once again" belong to IU, the state will belong to IU like it ... never. has. before.