Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

AZ Hoosier

(2019) CG Jahmius Ramsey

4 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Well, technically, since we got the top three in-state players coming this year, the state currently belongs to IU.

If we get those three next year, the state will not "once again" belong to IU, the state will belong to IU like it ... never. has. before.

What’s funny is that other college coaches probably encouraged Stewart and Brooks to go to LaLu. Now it’s only saving Archie and company time. 

19 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Another way of looking at it? We are the last of his three currently scheduled OVs:

1. September 8th - Texas Tech in Lubbock Texas: Football school during a football home game blowout cupcake weekend.
  2. September 15th - Louisville: Also home football game weekend. Ugly campus AND...In a little trouble lately if ya hadn't heard ;)
  3. September 29th - IU: All about basketball, with TJD and Keion sitting next to him and in his ear at a truly rocking Assembly Hall.

Perfect.

Seeing it reported that he is going to Miami October 6th. 

12 hours ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Yeah... Louisville is not what I’d describe as a cool city. It’s pretty mediocre. There’s a long list of city’s I’d rather go to or college campuses that are more attractive than Louisville.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Louisville is a very cool city. It has a great music and art culture, history and tradition that has been adapted to the modern times, and a pretty good food scene. My friends and I love going there. I am also 27 and into that type of stuff, but my general understanding with talking to strangers and reading articles is that Louisville is pretty cool for certain demographics.

That being said, I doubt any of that stuff will will convince a 17 year old to go to a program. 

Louisville is a very cool city. It has a great music and art culture, history and tradition that has been adapted to the modern times, and a pretty good food scene. My friends and I love going there. I am also 27 and into that type of stuff, but my general understanding with talking to strangers and reading articles is that Louisville is pretty cool for certain demographics.
That being said, I doubt any of that stuff will will convince a 17 year old to go to a program. 

Do you travel a lot? I just find a lot of the items you speak of in a higher regard better elsewhere. I mean if you live in Southern Indiana and that is what you know fair enough. I personally feel there are many more cities and/or towns that have that in spades that are far nicer. I recommend the upper Northwest. I am not much of an East Coast person. Texas is beautiful too if you are into cultured things. Louisville isn’t what I would consider a nice cultural city.

13 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Do you travel a lot? I just find a lot of the items you speak of in a higher regard better elsewhere. I mean if you live in Southern Indiana and that is what you know fair enough. I personally feel there are many more cities and/or towns that have that in spades that are far nicer. I recommend the upper Northwest. I am not much of an East Coast person. Texas is beautiful too if you are into cultured things. Louisville isn’t what I would consider a nice cultural city.

I travel quite a bit, both in the US and international, though I haven't been to the PNW or Texas yet. I live in Indianapolis so Louisville is a nice quick weekend trip for us. The bourbon and horse racing culture can't be replicated else where and the food and art scene is a blend midwest and the south which I don't think you could get in the PNW, Texas, or the other traditional trendy cities (they have their own thing going). Plus musical acts like My Morning Jacket, Sturgil Simpson, Chris Stapleton and others have really put Louisville on the map.

I have also been on the record as saying I believe that all places offer lots of different things to do.

I travel quite a bit, both in the US and international, though I haven't been to the PNW or Texas yet. I live in Indianapolis so Louisville is a nice quick weekend trip for us. The bourbon and horse racing culture can't be replicated else where and the food and art scene is a blend midwest and the south which I don't think you could get in the PNW, Texas, or the other traditional trendy cities (they have their own thing going). Plus musical acts like My Morning Jacket, Sturgil Simpson, Chris Stapleton and others have really put Louisville on the map.
I have also been on the record as saying I believe that all places offer lots of different things to do.

I don’t see it but there is something for everyone. From Indy I would rather spend the extra time and go to Chicago. But that’s me. I am not into horse racing. Maybe recruits are into that scene. I shouldn’t discount that scene.

2 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

I don’t see it but there is something for everyone. From Indy I would rather spend the extra time and go to Chicago. But that’s me. I am not into horse racing. Maybe recruits are into that scene. I shouldn’t discount that scene.

Haha, like I said, I doubt 17 year old basketball players care about that stuff that much. I also love Chicago and have lots of friends that live in the city which makes it cheaper to go to. We make frequent trips up there as well. Sometimes you want a mint julip and lose money on horses! I would also recommend driving outside the city and checking out the bourbon trail.

Haha, like I said, I doubt 17 year old basketball players care about that stuff that much. I also love Chicago and have lots of friends that live in the city which makes it cheaper to go to. We make frequent trips up there as well. Sometimes you want a mint julip and lose money on horses! I would also recommend driving outside the city and checking out the bourbon trail.

Right I don’t doubt it’s beautiful in the spring or fall. I could use a bourbon from time to time. Internationally I love Italy and France. All of Western Europe really. I am not a big Eastern Europe, Asia, or Africa person. South America is beautiful but the bugs are atrocious, and the food damn near kills you.

You get a like for mentioning Sturgill Simpson!