Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Trish

Game Thread : Minnesota @ Indiana | 7:30EST on FS1

8 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

He truly does. And that’s why I thought IU would be pretty good. Devonte was gonna have a breakout year. Took a little longer than we all hoped it would. But I think he’s here to stay now. With this Devonte, IU can win out. It’s that simple

He's definitely buying into Archie s system.  He'll be a big time contributor if he keeps it up.

Devonte playing like this just changes the entire dynamic of the team. He can be really good defensively, but he adds a creative element offensively that has sorely been lacking. He can create offense for teammates and himself, which is something Newkirk and RoJo can’t really do. Hopefully this is the “new Devonte” for good, because it makes us so much better. 

Well put. I agree

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

If we can continue to show improvement for the remainder of the regular season; make a little noise in the B1G tournament and maybe, just maybe, get an NIT bid, it will surely do nothing but help Archie's recruiting efforts by having demonstrated what he can do with a program.  

6 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Before the season when we put expectations down I said I wanted to see improvement. I am happy to see what we have and hope to see that growth carry forward to next year.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Agree.  I said I wanted to see us return to playing hard defense and fundamental (ie smart) offense and that I expected a slow start and results to come sometime in the B10 season.  Ultimately, that's what has happened although I'll admit I was doubtful as recently as a couple of weeks ago.

Even when we aren't one of the top 3 teams in league play I want us to be seen as a team nobody wants to play come tourney time - IMO, that's a sign of superior coaching.  Right now we're definitely trending in that direction.

Finally, I have to comment about how much I love seeing games at AH.  We have the traditions and don't go for the latest fad like making the center court logo clownishly massive.

59 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Before the season when we put expectations down I said I wanted to see improvement. I am happy to see what we have and hope to see that growth carry forward to next year.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yeah, I said earlier in the year we weren't seeing sustained improvement but this team is much better the last couple weeks.

2 hours ago, AKHoosier said:

It's nice to see our team improve during February, I feel like that didn't happen very often the past few years.

No you're right. We usually became worse towards this month. 

Basically, it's my way and contribute or your way and the bench.

It's nice to have a coach
1) know what good play looks and feels like
2) has control of the team to implement this

I believe this will be a snowball effect. The hill might not be a direct, downhill flow but it's heading in the right direction. Morgan has upped his level of play this season. Green is starting to turn the corner. If Johnson could contribute at a higher level the rest of the season we'll have a strong ending.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

You really have to give him credit.   He was bad last season, and not much better this season until recently when we really needed him.  He has played very, very well.  Solid in every way; if not spectacular.  I am really proud of him; and excited as hell for his playing TE for the Colts next season.  

LMFAO