Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Corruption in College Basketball

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Might honestly have to go to a free market approach with the power five schools, with a salary cap. Lol

I'm joking but not really. Only way to have a chance at stopping the cheating.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Absolutely hammer the cheaters, the cheating will cease. I'm talking barred from coaching, death penalty, no scholarships etc. Hammer, hammer, hammer.

I get the point. Crean has already been commended for running a clean program. Ask yourself this question. In light of the recruiting misses that crean had, would you now take crean back and send Archie back to Dayton? If not, why not? The reason why not is our point. I'm not saying his recruiting wasn't at a disadvantage. I just believe his coaching put us at more of a disadvantage than his recruiting recruiting ever did. If anyone disagrees, and would like to bring crean back and get rid of archie, then maybe we should start a thread so you can tell me why. I'm not saying anymore about it on this thread. I'm of the opinion that his fallacies as a coach outweigh any recruiting issues he had by playing fair. If everybody wants to give him double bonus points, then fine...but is still Not Good Enough to coach IU

Sent from my LG-H900 using BtownBanners mobile app

No one is saying he should not have been fired.

Sent from my SM-G930V using BtownBanners mobile app

Absolutely hammer the cheaters, the cheating will cease. I'm talking barred from coaching, death penalty, no scholarships etc. Hammer, hammer, hammer.
The cheater will never cease. It's been going on since john wooden. They will just find new ways or even go back to the old bags of cash tricks. I do think it would be curtailed some though. As long as guys like calipari are around shady tactics will be as well. Just let them go straight to the NBA imo. Having a guy like lonzo ball in college for one years serves no purpose.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Pitino is like Nixon. He just can't stop lying. According to ESPN, he has been identified as "Coach 2" in the FBI report -- as in $100,000 was funneled to the family of Brian Bowen at the request of "Coach 2." ... Keep pleading innocence, Ricky -- you're not gonna get that $44 million you think Louisville owes you!

I think the NCAA is mostly at fault in the under-the-table payments to players. They are the ones that don't allow the athletes to make money from their name or likeness. Keep scholarship rules the same but let the exceptional players do tv ads or whatever. The top tier talent gets paid and the end of the bench guys are still happy for the free degree

Sent from my SM-G920P using BtownBanners mobile app

23 minutes ago, eljefe6 said:

I think the NCAA is mostly at fault in the under-the-table payments to players. They are the ones that don't allow the athletes to make money from their name or likeness. Keep scholarship rules the same but let the exceptional players do tv ads or whatever. The top tier talent gets paid and the end of the bench guys are still happy for the free degree

Sent from my SM-G920P using BtownBanners mobile app

And the wealthy woman in the park that has her purse stolen is "mostly at fault" because she won't willingly share her money with the guy that robs her?

If anything, the NBA is in some degree at fault for the one and done rule. BUT, the rules are clear, and the schools and players/families know what they are.

A player doesn't want to play NCAA basketball (which, by the way, provides free tuition, room and board, books, meals, and more @$$ than a toilet seat)? Do what Brandon Jennings did and go play out of country for full pay immediately.

2 minutes ago, Capt. Crimson said:

This just made me say SCHWING

Good news for now but once the Feds make Fair "sing" who knows what will come out. Not real easy for me to believe that Fair and Petino were involved but Johnson was not.  

1 minute ago, DChoosier said:

Good news for now but once the Feds make Fair "sing" who knows what will come out. Not real easy for me to believe that Fair and Petino were involved but Johnson was not.  

if you are a good guy, it's not difficult to stay a good guy. We'll see.