Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

2017 April Evaluation Period

After watching the 4 interviews, I get the sense the staff is giddy about recruiting 2018 and forward. They know they have playing time and a big class to fill in 2018. Seems we will end up with a 4/5 man class.

So excited to see how it all turns out.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

6 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Its kind of odd to finally be seeing an intelligent recruiting strategy that matches what 2/3 of this board was saying to do. 

Yeah, if FCTC had just taken the time to follow btb, he'd probably still have a job!  :farting_smiley:

It will be interesting to see if CAM stays in Indiana for the Nike and Under Armour events or will he be in Atlanta for the Adidas event(Langford and Phinesee) this weekend. Selfishly I hope he is at the Nike event on Sunday

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Nahziah Carter was a Dayton commit and asked to be released from his LOI after Miller left Dayton.  

HAMPTON, Va. – Playing on the travel circuit this summer but open to attending college in the fall, Nahziah Carter has a litany of options. Originally signed to Dayton, following the coaching change that saw Archie Miller take the job at Indiana, Carter asked for his release and is now focused on finding the proper landing spot for his collegiate playing career.

Carter is 6-foot-6 but has length and instincts that allow him to play much bigger. The Albany City Rocks product was a sturdy producer over the weekend. The nephew of rap icon Jay-Z, Carter made more than 65 percent of his shots from the field while chipping in better than 15 points per game.

The New York native has heard from several programs since opening his recruitment back up.

“I have spoken to Georgetown, Georgia Tech, UMass, Indiana, but they don’t have any scholarships in 2017 so they are talking to me for 2018, and Boston College,” Carter said. “They are the only school to offer me so far.”

Despite just holding one scholarship offer as a member of the 2017 class, Carter has a firm understanding of how he wants things to play out.

“I plan to go to college this summer and prep school is an alternative just in case I don’t get the right fit but the plan is to go to college this summer,” he said. “I kind of want to take my time. The recruiting process is kind of tough and I don’t want to rush anything or make any bad decisions.”

Nahziah Carter was a Dayton commit and asked to be released from his LOI after Miller left Dayton.  

HAMPTON, Va. – Playing on the travel circuit this summer but open to attending college in the fall, Nahziah Carter has a litany of options. Originally signed to Dayton, following the coaching change that saw Archie Miller take the job at Indiana, Carter asked for his release and is now focused on finding the proper landing spot for his collegiate playing career.

Carter is 6-foot-6 but has length and instincts that allow him to play much bigger. The Albany City Rocks product was a sturdy producer over the weekend. The nephew of rap icon Jay-Z, Carter made more than 65 percent of his shots from the field while chipping in better than 15 points per game.

The New York native has heard from several programs since opening his recruitment back up.

“I have spoken to GeorgetownGeorgia TechUMassIndiana, but they don’t have any scholarships in 2017 so they are talking to me for 2018, and Boston College,” Carter said. “They are the only school to offer me so far.”

Despite just holding one scholarship offer as a member of the 2017 class, Carter has a firm understanding of how he wants things to play out.

“I plan to go to college this summer and prep school is an alternative just in case I don’t get the right fit but the plan is to go to college this summer,” he said. “I kind of want to take my time. The recruiting process is kind of tough and I don’t want to rush anything or make any bad decisions.”

Wouldn't mind having Jay-Z show up to a game at Assembly Hall

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

9 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Are we going to be running a 3 guard 2 forward type of system? Seems like it from the offers. Up tempo as well.

Not opposed to this. Would explain the lack of C offers. Looks like Archie wants a tough, rebounding 4/5 man with a 3/4 hybrid shooter. 

Thinking about our current roster, Clifton fits that hybrid role. I'm sure he'll have to play some 5 out of necessity, but his length will help there. He needs to add muscle though.

De'ron is a perfect 5 for Archie. A banger who mixes it up in the post. I know it's been said he's a post for the most part, but don't be surprised if you see De'ron shoot from the free throw line and in this year. He has a great stroke. 

Edited by VO5

Are we going to be running a 3 guard 2 forward type of system? Seems like it from the offers. Up tempo as well.

I remember reading somewhere that Archie likes to play 3 guards. I was kind of hoping to get away from that and go back to a more 'traditional' lineup, but as long as we play smart offense with limited turnovers I'll be happy. From the offers so far it seems like Archie is going after some bigger guards which would be nice. 

Was wondering this the other day. Seems like it. Personally I am fine with it with good coaching lack of size can be overcome with athleticism and discipline.