Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

2017 April Evaluation Period

8 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Hopefully Dosunmu.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Averaged 25 pts. and 6 reb. in 4 games this past weekend.  

FWIW - Basketball Recruiting

osoeevn9omgbk0kx2x5u
Ayo Dosunmu
Point guard
4 STARS
Morgan Park, Chicago, IL
Ht: 6'3"
Wt: 160 lbs
Class: 2018
-
POSITION:  30 NATIONAL
Commitment status:  UNDECIDED

Recruitment: Butler, Xavier, Creighton, Illinois, Northwestern and Oklahoma State

His day: Despite not playing at 100-percent, Dosunmu was pretty dominant down the stretch of his first outing on Saturday. He was impossible from keeping away from the basket as he tossed up a 33-spot on the scoreboard, giving his team their first win of the travel season.

Quote (Illinois): “That is my in-state school. It is always good to have a solid relationship with the state from with which you’re from. I want to be able to build a great relationship with them.”

Prediction: The hiring of Brad Underwood at Illinois has set tremors throughout the state that keeping the best within the borders is a must; Dosunmu becomes a member of the Illini in the fall.

@insidethehall: Four-star forward Race Thompson talks new Indiana interest http://www.insidethehall.com/2017/04/24/four-star-forward-race-thompson-talks-new-indiana-interest/  #iubb via @insidethehall

Indiana has entered the mix with a four-star forward from the Minneapolis area.

Race Thompson, a 6-foot-8 forward who plays for D1 Minnesota on the adidas Gauntlet circuit, was visited recently by new assistant coach Tom Ostrom.

Ostrom, a University of Minnesota graduate, has strong ties to the area and recruited the state’s 2017 Mr. Basketball, McKinley Wright, while at Dayton under Archie Miller.

“They came and saw me at school the other day,” Thompson said. “He’s a good guy. I like him. It was a quick talk so I didn’t get to know him that well yet.”

In terms of his familiarity with Indiana, Thompson said he’s just beginning to learn about the program given that they’re the most recent school to enter his recruitment.

“I don’t know a lot about it yet,” he said. “I know they’ve got a good atmosphere and good fans. They always have a good program. That’s the main thing, really.”

Over four games at the first adidas Gauntlet stop at GameOn Sports, Thompson averaged 13.3 points, seven rebounds and 2.8 assists per game. He was watched several times by the Indiana coaching staff.

Thompson is the No. 73 prospect nationally according to the 247Composite and a four-star prospect. He has a strong list of high major offers, which includes Minnesota, Marquette, Iowa State and several others.

Many schools are recruiting Thompson because of his ability to stretch the floor as a four-man.

33 minutes ago, ccgeneral said:

@insidethehall: Four-star forward Race Thompson talks new Indiana interest http://www.insidethehall.com/2017/04/24/four-star-forward-race-thompson-talks-new-indiana-interest/  #iubb via @insidethehall

Indiana has entered the mix with a four-star forward from the Minneapolis area.

Race Thompson, a 6-foot-8 forward who plays for D1 Minnesota on the adidas Gauntlet circuit, was visited recently by new assistant coach Tom Ostrom.

Ostrom, a University of Minnesota graduate, has strong ties to the area and recruited the state’s 2017 Mr. Basketball, McKinley Wright, while at Dayton under Archie Miller.

“They came and saw me at school the other day,” Thompson said. “He’s a good guy. I like him. It was a quick talk so I didn’t get to know him that well yet.”

In terms of his familiarity with Indiana, Thompson said he’s just beginning to learn about the program given that they’re the most recent school to enter his recruitment.

“I don’t know a lot about it yet,” he said. “I know they’ve got a good atmosphere and good fans. They always have a good program. That’s the main thing, really.”

Over four games at the first adidas Gauntlet stop at GameOn Sports, Thompson averaged 13.3 points, seven rebounds and 2.8 assists per game. He was watched several times by the Indiana coaching staff.

Thompson is the No. 73 prospect nationally according to the 247Composite and a four-star prospect. He has a strong list of high major offers, which includes Minnesota, Marquette, Iowa State and several others.

Many schools are recruiting Thompson because of his ability to stretch the floor as a four-man.

Will be hard to get him away from Minny it seems.

17 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Hopefully Dosunmu.

osoeevn9omgbk0kx2x5u
Ayo Dosunmu
Point guard
4 STARS
Morgan Park, Chicago, IL
-

Recruitment: Butler, Xavier, Creighton, Illinois, Northwestern and Oklahoma State

His day: Despite not playing at 100-percent, Dosunmu was pretty dominant down the stretch of his first outing on Saturday. He was impossible from keeping away from the basket as he tossed up a 33-spot on the scoreboard, giving his team their first win of the travel season.

Quote (Illinois): “That is my in-state school. It is always good to have a solid relationship with the state from with which you’re from. I want to be able to build a great relationship with them.”

Prediction: The hiring of Brad Underwood at Illinois has set tremors throughout the state that keeping the best within the borders is a must; Dosunmu becomes a member of the Illini in the fall.

5 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

osoeevn9omgbk0kx2x5u
Ayo Dosunmu
Point guard
4 STARS
Morgan Park, Chicago, IL
-

Wonder what type of relationship Archie has with the Morgan Park program from Chicago where Ayo is from. Josh Cunningham, who we were recruiting at one point, is currently on the Dayton roster. Wonder if that relationship with the High School coach will help here.