Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

2017 April Evaluation Period

Love hearing CAM and Garland talk every day. This would be a BIG fish to land and it looks like we have a real shot. A guy like Garland would make us really attractive for other players like Langford and Brooks. Crossing my fingers here.

Add Garland to a great starting upperclassmen led front court and that situation is attractive to top flight recruits. Romeo or any SG would have open shots on the perimeter and lanes to slash with a high level PG who could find them. JMo is a willing passer who has the vision to find them. We could have a special team with a few early contributors.

17 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

I keep hearing "best young coach under forty", "Miller has put together the best cast of assistants and strength and conditioning coaches in the country", "Miller just gets it", "inside out", "we have tons of scholarships and playing time to offer in '18 & '19" etc etc but then when it comes to expectations or confidence in us landing these top prospects from Indiana, all I keep hearing is how other teams have the inside track and little confidence we land these guys. This is why we brought him in. If we don't land at least a few of these top 100 kids from Indiana then why did we make a move? He has to win over guys like jallow, phinisee, Langford etc. and I think the top 50 kid that lives down the street is the most important kid for us in telling other coaches "don't waste your time on kids in our backyard" if Bennett maintains a better relationship with a kid that lives in Bloomington than our staff then I don't know what to say

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Good post and I very much agree.

The good thing is that I believe Archie understands this. If he is prioritizing Jallow, he can't lose him to Bennett at Virginia. He just can't. Hometown kid who has visited IU bunches of times and has already shown interest in Archie and the new staff. You have to sign him if you want him/offer him.

Something to note with Jallow and guys like Phinisee, Hunter, Damezi Anderson, etc. is that these guys aren't elite-level recruits at the moment. You don't have UK or Duke after them. IU is the most prestigious school after these guys and we also have a bit of home-court advantage with them, too. If Archie wants them, but can't get at least two of these guys to sign the dotted line for next year, then he doesn't have the allure that some makes him out to have. And that would be a bit deflating.

Langford is the one exception. He's a Top 5-level, elite talent that can pick any school he wants. Plus, from a geographic standpoint, he lives closer to UK or Louisville than IU. Here's a case where having a longer relationship would have been nice to have. 

Personally, I'm not concerned. I think we'll nab at least a couple of these guys when it's all said and done. I've been very impressed with how Archie has conducted himself on the recruiting trail thus far. I think we'll be a serious contender with Langford all the way through. I also think we have a chance with Garland and a few other out of state prospects, so I think we'll have a Top 10-15 class in the end.

37 minutes ago, ALASKA HOOSIER said:

2a85d167bc3d4d91aaf2af541186ab65.jpg Alaska is in the house! Made it to B-town enroute to my flight back to the great white North from Indy. Just thought I would let you all know I'm thinking of all of you turds

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

Might I suggest you try the stromboli?

52 minutes ago, ALASKA HOOSIER said:

2a85d167bc3d4d91aaf2af541186ab65.jpg Alaska is in the house! Made it to B-town enroute to my flight back to the great white North from Indy. Just thought I would let you all know I'm thinking of all of you turds

have a lbs or two of Guinness for me!

Good post and I very much agree.
The good thing is that I believe Archie understands this. If he is prioritizing Jallow, he can't lose him to Bennett at Virginia. He just can't. Hometown kid who has visited IU bunches of times and has already shown interest in Archie and the new staff. You have to sign him if you want him/offer him.
Something to note with Jallow and guys like Phinisee, Hunter, Damezi Anderson, etc. is that these guys aren't elite-level recruits at the moment. You don't have UK or Duke after them. IU is the most prestigious school after these guys and we also have a bit of home-court advantage with them, too. If Archie wants them, but can't get at least two of these guys to sign the dotted line for next year, then he doesn't have the allure that some makes him out to have. And that would be a bit deflating.
Langford is the one exception. He's a Top 5-level, elite talent that can pick any school he wants. Plus, from a geographic standpoint, he lives closer to UK or Louisville than IU. Here's a case where having a longer relationship would have been nice to have. 
Personally, I'm not concerned. I think we'll nab at least a couple of these guys when it's all said and done. I've been very impressed with how Archie has conducted himself on the recruiting trail thus far. I think we'll be a serious contender with Langford all the way through. I also think we have a chance with Garland and a few other out of state prospects, so I think we'll have a Top 10-15 class in the end.

Don't see UK in the mix with Romeo. Parents not enamored with Calipari. I see it being Duke, UofL and us. Will be interested in seeing everything play out at UofL. I'm going to go out on a limb and say this will be Pitino's last year. I see him coming back after his (soon to be) suspension and then hanging it up. Don't be surprised if Billy Donovan is not the next head coach there. I think Slick Rick was in his ear and that may be why we didn't land him. So I see us with a decent chance at Langford. Mom is a fan of the education aspect.

Sent from my SM-G930P using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, ALASKA HOOSIER said:

Have one (or two) for me and have a safe trip home.

https://indiana.rivals.com/news/podcast-a-look-back-at-iu-targets-in-action-during-final-april-eva-period
I might of posted this because when Wells starts taking about Swider he talks about talking to an IU fan during the game about Swider. Plus some pretty good insight on the weekend

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners