Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

Ray. Brad will come, Ray. Brad and his wife will come. They'll come to IU for reasons they can't even fathom. They'll turn up your driveway not knowing for sure why they're doing it. They'll arrive at your door as innocent as children, longing for the past. "Of course, we won't mind if you look around", you'll say, "Just sign this contract if you want to stay". They'll pass over the contract without even thinking about it: for it is money they have and peace they lack. And they'll walk out to the bleachers; sit in shirtsleeves on a perfect afternoon. They'll find they have reserved seats somewhere along one of the baselines for the family, where they sat when they were children and cheered their heroes. And they'll watch the game and it'll be as if they dipped themselves in magic waters. The memories will be so thick they'll have to brush them away from their faces. The Stevens will come Ray. The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been Indiana Basketball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But IU has marked the time. This building, this game: it's a part of our past, Ray. It reminds us of all that once was good and that could be again. Oh...Brad and family will come Ray. They will most definitely come.

Dangit I got something in my eyes

It's been said that many recruits wanted to see how our year played out before committing/cutting us.  It's pretty clear how this year is playing out.  If we let Crean stay until the end of the season we've lost out on big recruits.  It's time to show them we expect better by eliminating the problem.

Maybe we should go to the Celtics board and start a fire brad stevens thread. Can't hurt.

Thinking outside the box. I would also encourage Hoosiers in or near Boston to go to Celtics games in your candy stripes and start chants. If your in a different NBA market go to the games when the Celtics are in town and do the same thing.

I think Brad Stevens returns to college ball. If he's at a big time program after having success in the NBA he'll be able to sell recruits on that. It will make recruiting a lot easier for him.

And to add on to my last post I know he's trying build something but how long is he going to be satisfied with being mediocre. This upcoming draft is weak and they have 0 star players on their roster. This process is going to take a long time. They couldn't even get a max contract player to sign in the offseason. The worst type of team to be in the NBA imo is a middle of the pack team that finishes around .500

The Celtics have a TON of assets. They have Brooklyn's 1st rounder this year unprotected, as well as Minny's and Dallas'. Then next year they have the right to swap picks with Brooklyn and the following year I think they also get Brooklyn's pick. They also have a ton of 2nd round picks.

Danny Ainge absolutely destroyed Billy King in the Pierce/Garnett trade. Yes, rookies take a while to develop, but Ainge's entire plan is to flip all these assets into a couple all stars/superstars. He's trying to replicate the Garnett/Allen trades. Now, that's easier said than done, but you could argue his assets this time are better than he had previously and it could happen fairly quickly. He flipped Wally Sczerbiak, Delonte West, Al Jefferson and Gerald Green into Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett.

And to add on to my last post I know he's trying build something but how long is he going to be satisfied with being mediocre. This upcoming draft is weak and they have 0 star players on their roster. This process is going to take a long time. They couldn't even get a max contract player to sign in the offseason. The worst type of team to be in the NBA imo is a middle of the pack team that finishes around .500

I don't think they would have to turn sour in Boston. He left Butler without it being sour.

It's understandable to leave Butler for the vaulted Boston Celtics. If he left Butler for the likes of a mid-level power 5 team like Kansas St or Arizona St, I'm sure he would've been an enemy of the state.

Exactly, and the wheels have already started to come off.  All it's going to take is a loss to Notre Dame in Indy for everything to just completely fall apart before the conference season even starts.

Don't forget, today is December 3. It's still very early in the season. This team will get better. I heard Crean say so just late last night/early this morning.

A popular line from the pro-Crean camp when this argument came up last year was that Stevens wouldn't succeed here because he isn't "flashy" enough. They then proceeded to dismiss his Horizon League success because the teams he had there would have lost a lot more games if they had played in the Big Ten. Some of them even went as far as saying that if Crean went elsewhere, he'd turn that program into a powerhouse and we'd instantly regret it.

Please... make me regret it... make me regret it right not. I'm begging you.

It's understandable to leave Butler for the vaulted Boston Celtics. If he left Butler for the likes of a mid-level power 5 team like Kansas St or Arizona St, I'm sure he would've been an enemy of the state.

True but at one point we were his dream job. That should be mean something.

True but at one point we were his dream job. That should be mean something.

I sure hope so. When he took the Celts job, it looked like Crean may've turned the corner and resurrected the sleeping giant. Now is the chance for Bra to come home and be the savior.