Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

So Justin Albers tweeted Jordan Tucker is ready to commit to IU just wants some assurances about coaching situation. This dude is getting on my nerves. Tucker said as much in his article but not those exact words so Albers reads it and makes this assumption acting like he is breaking some sort of news lol.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

20 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

The industry as a whole does not view him as a bad coach or recruiter and he will land on his feet.  Our extreme level of dissatisfaction with his peformance at IU colors our thinking in this regard.

Yup. The guy is a .600 coach, with a Final Four, moderate tournament success, solid NBA prospects, recruiting prowess, and generally good guy to have as part of your athletic deparment. He's not a top 5 coach, which is what Indiana wants. 

Where are people hearing/seeing this $1.5 million? I find it extremely hard to believe those numbers were leaked.

Exactly. There were numbers ranging from $1.5 to $2.5 on TOS. With incentives. Those numbers leaked into Mizzou rivals boards. Then Gabe from Mizzou Scout was inundated with tweets wanting to know why the school was lowballing Crean. He said those were obviously false rumors which in turn started this discussion. Which I feel is even crazy that it needs to be had along with some of the other things Crean and Glass are being hated on. Crean is not a good coach. Glass has made two monumental mistakes within his department over the last year. They should be disliked at their job for facts (which there are plenty), and not a piling on witch hunt of lies from people seeking attention (aka "insiders") that are so blatantly false and non sensical it is embarrassing such a smart fan base can buy into them.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Hopefully Jordan Tucker being in waiting, if true, isn't something big enough for Crean to use in persuading Glass he should stay. Maybe Tucker is aware that Crean will be gone and is waiting to see who the coach will be at IU before he commits to going there. That would obviously mean though that he is truly interested in playing ball at IU and not just for Crean, but would depend on who the replacement would actually be. 

Hopefully Jordan Tucker being in waiting, if true, isn't something big enough for Crean to use in persuading Glass he should stay. Maybe Tucker is aware that Crean will be gone and is waiting to see who the coach will be at IU before he commits to going there. That would obviously mean though that he is truly interested in playing ball at IU and not just for Crean, but would depend on who the replacement would actually be. 

Tuckers interview the other day says pretty much he would be here beside the coaching thing. But if a change was made he would consider following Crean but would still be interested in IU. The way it sounds is it is us or us or where Crean goes. Tucker is a good player but not one you keep your job over. If he was a top 10 kid ehhhh maybe but Tucker is a kid that at best is a Tyler Dorsey.

Just now, Treesh said:

Another SF? Good job Crean!

I understand the negativity surrounding everything Crean, but getting Jordan Tucker to come to IU would still be a welcome addition of talent.  Yes, we really need a high level guard right now.  That's no reason to scoff at a talented young man that wants to be a Hoosier.  

6 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Exactly. There were numbers ranging from $1.5 to $2.5 on TOS. With incentives. Those numbers leaked into Mizzou rivals boards. Then Gabe from Mizzou Scout was inundated with tweets wanting to know why the school was lowballing Crean. He said those were obviously false rumors which in turn started this discussion. Which I feel is even crazy that it needs to be had along with some of the other things Crean and Glass are being hated on. Crean is not a good coach. Glass has made two monumental mistakes within his department over the last year. They should be disliked at their job for facts (which there are plenty), and not a piling on witch hunt of lies from people seeking attention (aka "insiders") that are so blatantly false and non sensical it is embarrassing such a smart fan base can buy into them.

People truly need to step back and try to use their negotiation heads a little bit. My goodness, think rationally.

Until these numbers become public, the AD, Crean, and Joani would likely be the only three who knew these exact specifics. Probably nobody else outside of those three.

What if Cuonzo found out what the AD offered Crean? What if Crean found out what the AD offered Cuonzo?

17 hours ago, Napleshoosier said:

Look at it this way. All you guys and gals can become fans of the up and coming program at FGCU! At least it would give you an excuse to come to Naples/Fort Myers when it's cold up there! Cozy Alice Arena will be waiting as will "The Beach"! emoji108.png

17 hours ago, mdn82 said:

Be there in June...

Fly out the day before the 500 to Fort Myers, then, north to Englewood!

As far as Crean? My gut tells me he's gone, of his own free will.  If he's back? I'll still watch when I can, but, we've already begun looking into season tickets for ISU next year.  Well, the women at least. Just can't justify scheduling time around IUBB anymore.  I'd rather have family time at the Hulman Center in really good seats.  Sad, really.

1 minute ago, SteelerHoosier said:

That tweet scares me

Me too. Normally something like that wouldn't bc our AD wouldn't base the future of our program on a single four star recruit, right? Knowing Glass, he's probably writing up the extension as we speak just to lock in a 4 star recruit. 

I understand the negativity surrounding everything Crean, but getting Jordan Tucker to come to IU would still be a welcome addition of talent.  Yes, we really need a high level guard right now.  That's no reason to scoff at a talented young man that wants to be a Hoosier.  

Exactly I had no clue he wanted to be a Hoosier. I thought he got cold feet and added GT and Oregon cause he wanted to wait till spring. Tucker will probably play heavy minutes here if he comes so I have no idea why any of us would scoff at this. A top 40 kid he would be our highest ranked kid by far and actually one of Creans top 10 highest ranked players since being here. I want Jordan Tucker and Mark Smith in Candy Stripes, but I also understand the uncertainty around us has caused some issues and would not hold it against either if they wanted to go somewhere else.

1 minute ago, SteelerHoosier said:

The one talking about a top 50 coming here. Makes me really feel Crean stays

The slice of hope I have for that twitter post is that Tucker knows Crean is gonna be gone so he's waiting to see who the next coach will be before he decides to come to IU.