Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

I heard he eats his fruit before his vegetables. First, all the dude does is claps. Then this? We can not have that here. When I was young and we were good everyone knew you ate your veggies first. Antichrist!!!

I know what this team is in need of. They need to line up for some mdn giggleberry tickles. Then it's Banner Time!

Holy cow dung, Batman. Going to go ahead and share this fun little article again... https://btownbanners.com/topic/8693-its-not-easy-being-tom-crean/

I am absolutely done with Crean as the coach of Indiana, but we have got to be one of the most sensitive fan bases out there. Heaven forbid Tom Crean calm down on the sidelines and let his S&C coach provide some of the energy to the players. I mean, has anyone noticed his toned down sideline demeanor? Do you maybe wonder if he's allowing his assistants to bring some of that energy instead? That maybe CTC has recognized that the fan base does not appreciate his sideline antics? He's not a great coach, but the guy has been doing this for over 20 years. It is plausible, and even likely, that he might know what he's doing on occasion. 

Which like I have said before is sad to me. I want him gone really bad but want him to be remembered positively. We are now in bad breakup territory and he won't be appreciated as much as should be for what he initially did for the program. Just don't see a clean breakup anymore.

I couldn't care less how others remember him. To me he will be remembered for staying too long and not taking us back to where we all want to be.....a consistant winner. I just want him to be gone and move on to some hope. I have ZERO hope for the future of IU basketball as long as that guy is the head coach.

Holy cow dung, Batman. Going to go ahead and share this fun little article again... https://btownbanners.com/topic/8693-its-not-easy-being-tom-crean/

I am absolutely done with Crean as the coach of Indiana, but we have got to be one of the most sensitive fan bases out there. Heaven forbid Tom Crean calm down on the sidelines and let his S&C coach provide some of the energy to the players. I mean, has anyone noticed his toned down sideline demeanor? Do you maybe wonder if he's allowing his assistants to bring some of that energy instead? That maybe CTC has recognized that the fan base does not appreciate his sideline antics? He's not a great coach, but the guy has been doing this for over 20 years. It is plausible, and even likely, that he might know what he's doing on occasion.

if I could pick a head coach out of all division 1 basketball to win a championship with it would be crean. He seems nice and I think he is a great guy I felt the year cody came here we may get there with crean and I was excited about the future for IU. But all of that ended quickly and now I know he isn't probably going to get us there. We wouldn't be talking about our strength coach on the bench if we were winning but unfortunately we are in the fire are own coach thread discussing why he is on the bench because we stink. If it meant us winning a championship I wouldn't care if crean put stone cold on the bench and every time we hit a three he slammed beers togeather and dumped them on himself and the crowd but we are not winning so here we are. Just rambling on sorry if it doesn't make sense lol

if I could pick a head coach out of all division 1 basketball to win a championship with it would be crean. He seems nice and I think he is a great guy I felt the year cody came here we may get there with crean and I was excited about the future for IU. But all of that ended quickly and now I know he isn't probably going to get us there. We wouldn't be talking about our strength coach on the bench if we were winning but unfortunately we are in the fire are own coach thread discussing why he is on the bench because we stink. If it meant us winning a championship I wouldn't care if crean put stone cold on the bench and every time we hit a three he slammed beers togeather and dumped them on himself and the crowd but we are not winning so here we are. Just rambling on sorry if it doesn't make sense lol

I'm for that as long as it involves Steve giving a Stone Cold Stunner to Teddy V

Bottom line is nobody would care either way if Crean was a better coach. Crean has turned me off so badly I didn't even realize there was an IU game on tonight until after it had started.

I haven't missed but a couple IU games in my over 40 years of fandom even if I could only listen on radio.

I've missed 3 of the Generic State games this year.

I love the Hoosiers as much as I ever have but this isn't what I grew up loving.

And before someone says go watch Purdue I did last night and it pains me to say It was a great game.

Go Hoosiers!      Puck Furdue!

I haven't missed but a couple IU games in my over 40 years of fandom even if I could only listen on radio.
I love the Hoosiers as much as I ever have but this isn't what I grew up loving.
And before someone says go watch Purdue I did last night and it pains me to say It was a great game.
Go Hoosiers! Puck Furdue!

I've missed the last 4 games and haven't felt bad about it. I completely agree with you about the product not being what you grew up loving. I feel the same way and trust me when I say we aren't the only ones. I've got friends who are now going to Butler games over IU games bc the product on the floor is more to what Hoosiers grew up loving.

Go Hoosiers!      Puck Furdue!

Good post.  Indiana fans who grew up with Knight's teams loved the style and expectations as much as the laundry.  The "go cheer for Purdue" and "you're not a real fan" comments are laughable at best.  Purdue plays and recruits the way many Indiana fans appreciate, and Butler absolutely does.   The way Crean coaches might as well be in the MEAC or Mountain West.  We're just able to get better talent, but "good basketball" is not what he coaches.

Good post. Indiana fans who grew up with Knight's teams loved the style and expectations as much as the laundry. The "go cheer for Purdue" and "you're not a real fan" comments are laughable at best. Purdue plays and recruits the way many Indiana fans appreciate, and Butler absolutely does. The way Crean coaches might as well be in the MEAC or Mountain West. We're just able to get better talent, but "good basketball" is not what he coaches.

I am not a fan of Purdue's offense, but their D is stellar. I truly like what Butler does at both ends of the court. A big part of that is Lewis.

I am not a fan of Purdue's offense, but their D is stellar. I truly like what Butler does at both ends of the court. A big part of that is Lewis.

I have not heard much about Lewis. How do you know he is a big part of their success?

I have not heard much about Lewis. How do you know he is a big part of their success?

Because I have watched them in person 3 times this year and he is very much Tom Coverdale. A catalyst for everything they do offensively. He is a 4:1 Assist to Turnover kid. Went to NC State for two years. Was a Burger Boy. Last game had 9 points and 8 assists.

Because I have watched them in person 3 times this year and he is very much Tom Coverdale. A catalyst for everything they do offensively. He is a 4:1 Assist to Turnover kid. Went to NC State for two years. Was a Burger Boy. Last game had 9 points and 8 assists.

yeah he is definitely the catalyst offensively. Teams who will have success against butler will take advantage of Lewis on the defensive end like Miami did. Purdue didn't have the point guard to take advantage of him.

Ah, see I thought you were talking about Michael Lewis, the assistant coach, former Hoosier ... I would like to hear that he is becoming a great coach thus my question. The player Lewis definitely played a great game on both ends of the court against Purdue.