Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

6 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

For me it is because this is my program I grew up with. I went to school here, and love basketball. I don't expect everyone to have the same background. I do expect the majority of people saying they won't be here aren't being true to theirselves. They will be back if for no other reason than to continue saying the things they have if we aren't winning. It usually is quieter on a message board when you are winning. This is cheaper than a psychiatrist.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Unfortunately for everyone I'll still be here.  Tired of seeing the crap Crean tries to pass off as basketball, but can't not watch so I'll be miserable every moment.

Damn, I have issues.

7 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

For me it is because this is my program I grew up with. I went to school here, and love basketball. I don't expect everyone to have the same background. I do expect the majority of people saying they won't be here aren't being true to theirselves. They will be back if for no other reason than to continue saying the things they have if we aren't winning. It usually is quieter on a message board when you are winning. This is cheaper than a psychiatrist.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I can understand that. But IU is supposed to be at the top of the college basketball world with the likes of Kentucky, Kansas, North Carolina and Duke. They shouldn't have been down for this long and they shouldn't be down any longer. This is the time to act like a blue blood program. Make the move that should've been made two years ago. It's not that hard. If a person underperforms at his job, he loses it. That is as clear as day. Go get an elite coach like all of the other aforementioned schools did and reap the benefits. And if Glass doesn't, he's accepting mediocrity. And that's just not acceptable at IU

5 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

I can tell you haven't listed to much new music in a few decades.  Most of it is just varying level of garbage.

Movies, TV shows and music are garbage because the people who make them are not interested in hiring the most talented people, but rather they hire people who are willing to promote their propaganda.

The entertainment industry is just a conduit for propaganda that is designed to socially engineer our society towards communism.

Movies, TV shows and music are garbage because the people who make them are not interested in hiring the most talented people, but rather they hire people who are willing to promote their propaganda.
The entertainment industry is just a conduit for propaganda that is designed to socially engineer our society towards communism.

BINGO!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Glass' silence says it all for me.
If he were going to keep him, he would've said so by now. My guess is he's waiting/trying to get his guy before any announcement is made. 

I think the silence speaks volumes. I hope you're right.

I've thought he could be waiting for Crean to land another job first?

6 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

I can understand that. But IU is supposed to be at the top of the college basketball world with the likes of Kentucky, Kansas, North Carolina and Duke. They shouldn't have been down for this long and they shouldn't be down any longer. This is the time to act like a blue blood program. Make the move that should've been made two years ago. It's not that hard. If a person underperforms at his job, he loses it. That is as clear as day. Go get an elite coach like all of the other aforementioned schools did and reap the benefits. And if Glass doesn't, he's accepting mediocrity. And that's just not acceptable at IU

The difference between those programs and ours, they have won championships in the last 10 years right?  I'm just as frustrated as the next guy, I fall into the camp that thinking we can go out and get an elite coach is a pipe dream.  We haven't won the NCAA in about 30 years, we have never won the Big 10 Tourney, the fan base DEMANDS excellence (which isn't a bad thing)..but that makes it tough for a Coach knowing there is NO room for error (injury, grades ect) in a time when there is good parity across leagues.  Going to be an interesting off season for sure.  Go Hoosiers!

1 top 100. And he's not top 50. So no.

Gotcha. You know, I do have to give credit to CC for getting OG & Juwan last year. They were not highly touted by he saw some good talent in them. They were pretty darn good as Freshman but this year they and TB took two giant steps backwards. Which is totally unacceptable. So.... What happened here? Coaching? Poisoned team chemistry (which a coach would be responsible for)? For the life of me....I just can't understand it.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, triple said:

I I won't wait for glory before I reengage.  I'll do so the moment we have a new coach regardless of how well the team performs in the first games/season. 

This! The dude was acting like I would wait until we were in the FF again before I started watching. The minute a hire is made I am back. Even if I don't particularly agree with the hire.

Damn millennials!

Sent from my DMC-CM1 using BtownBanners mobile app

14 minutes ago, ClapFaster said:

I have some tin foil to sell you if you're out.

Gabe DeArmond said Crean is STILL on short list but that is about as confident as he is gonna say anything. Just for the people who think it is done for. Still may not happen but at least there is a shot.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app