Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

7 minutes ago, HoosierSadaseci said:

SIAP, poster named tonto is sticking with the rumor that Self did "meet" with Romeo yesterday, and there will be news this weekend that won't be bad for KU.

https://kansas.247sports.com/Board/59455/Contents/Romeo-Langford-116823649?Page=13

NO!

That was Kim Jong Un who had the secret meeting with Self.

Easy mistake for that Kansas poster to have made; no hard feelings.

Image result for kim jong un basketball

8 minutes ago, HoosierSadaseci said:

SIAP, poster named tonto is sticking with the rumor that Self did "meet" with Romeo yesterday, and there will be news this weekend that won't be bad for KU.

https://kansas.247sports.com/Board/59455/Contents/Romeo-Langford-116823649?Page=13

That poster also had the qualifier 'it depends on your definition of meeting'.

I call poop emoji on that guy.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

10 minutes ago, HoosierSadaseci said:

OMG A DOUBLE SECRET PROBATION MEETING.

I am of the school that says there are many ways to win in college basketball.   The one I prefer is the "seniors plus an exceptional talent or two."   And I suppose "upper classmen" is what I really mean; not necessarily seniors.
Michigan's team proved (and seems to prove every year) that you don't need superstars, but you do need consistency and players who can just be steady, produce, and guard/rebound.   
Romeo - to me - is like an unexpected Christmas present.  A  Red Rider bee bee gun.  He makes things a hell of a lot of fun; and I would love to have him.   He's gone quickly however, and I'm more interested in kids who will stay 3-4 years which makes Indiana better over the long haul.  
Phinisee is ready right now.  He will develop over 4 years, but he will contribute significantly if not start next season.  I'm skeptical of Anderson.   He stood around a LOT in their semi state game v Carmel and scored just 6 points.   Not impressed one bit.  Hoping it was an anomaly.  
That said, Indiana is in great shape with a ton of really solid players whether Romeo comes or not.  I doubt he'll influence anybody.  Seriously, Indiana had 2 lottery picks 5 years ago, one a national player of the year when he was in high school; and it didn't open any flood gates.   I don't buy the argument that says "Romeo would make it cool" to come to IU.   If Victor Oladipo hasn't already done that, I'm not sure it can be done.  He stayed 3 years, by the way.  One and done's don't do much for programs if you ask me.  Kentucky's model is crumbling.  Only Duke seems to have any kind of consistent success with them; and when you have a 5 time national champ coach who's also an Olympic/international Team USA coach, you'll have that.   
I would LOVE to get Romeo.  But if he goes somewhere else; I still think Indiana will be fine.
I understand your point, but... Crean was our coach at the time. I think with Archie as our coach opposed to the car salesman and we get the momentum of 5 years ago the flood gates will open. It will be cool to be a "HOOSIER". The coach i.e. Archie will sustain the cool factor.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BtownBanners mobile app