Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Negativity Thread

8 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

My exact words when I found out we hired Miller were ; I feel like I just got kicked in the nuts! I still feel that way. Shouldn’t have settled with this hire.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

My main issue with him was the same I had with Crean. Has only won 3 or more consecutive postseason games once. 

To me that’s a huge red flag

As a person who has been a fan since the early ‘80’s, I thought Crean’s last few years were the least optimistic I had ever felt. This is worse. At least with Crean you’d get a good season every 3 years or so.
We just struggled to put up 60 points against an unranked rival at home. A game we had a week to prepare for. A game where Bob Knight came back to Assembly Hall. This team had nothing. Absolutely nothing. For their biggest rival. At home. Never thought I would see the day.
I hear all the excuses. It’s the administration. It’s the facilities. It’s the bad Crean players. But this team plays with no emotion since Miller has been here. This team rarely rises to the occasion. This team doesn’t even seem to want to be on the floor half the time. I’m not sure how the administration is doing that. They really seem like they couldn’t care less. I guess practice is what is important, because it sure isn’t games.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Yep! There is zero emotion, zero fight out of the team and staff.

No smiles, no looks on their faces like they want to bury their opponent. It just looks like a chore for them and it feels like it.

It doesn’t look like any of them are having fun and our fans sure as **** arent

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Well, if in fact Archie is being handcuffed, now would be a good time for him to "f" it and take the handcuffs off.  His reputation and coaching future are suffering irreparable harm.  

This is the biggest load of crap ever. Until anyone in the know comes out with a matter of fact list of holy **** things the administration is doing to make him coach and the players play so horribly then it’s crap.

It doesn’t exist. They aren’t out on the recruiting trail where Archie has the biggest budget in the bigten, they aren’t at practices drawing up trainings, they aren’t making his lineups and substitutions, they aren’t tying sandbags to our players ankles.

It’s fake news

1 minute ago, MikeRoberts said:

This is the biggest load of crap ever. Until anyone in the know comes out with a matter of fact list of holy **** things the administration is doing to make him coach and the players play so horribly then it’s crap.

It doesn’t exist. They aren’t out on the recruiting trail where Archie has the biggest budget in the bigten, they aren’t at practices drawing up trainings, they aren’t making his lineups and substitutions, they aren’t tying sandbags to our players ankles.

It’s fake news

The only thing I know for a fact isn’t crap is the grad transfer thing. Grad transfers are not the end all be all of our problems by any means, but it’s comically hard to get a grad transfer into IU. 

Not really sure what else the admins could be doing though. Like you said with the budget they have to work with and everything, it’s embarrassing how bad this program is with what it’s given to work with. “The game” has even been played with certain high-level kids. It’s just mind boggling. 

It’s fake news

I would call don Fischer alluding to the fact credible but I agree with you other than that

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I would call don Fischer alluding to the fact credible but I agree with you other than that

He was talking to the king of “I give zero f’s, I just unapologetically tell the truth whether anyone likes it or not” guy and that guy has never said a thing about how he is handcuffed. If he truly was, Dakich would be spewing it for ratings

He was talking to the king of “I give zero f’s, I just unapologetically tell the truth whether anyone likes it or not” guy and that guy has never said a thing about how he is handcuffed. If he truly was, Dakich would be spewing it for ratings

And yes, Dakich said “I know” in response but he has had a million opportunities to share and he hasn’t and that isn’t Dakich to have juicy things and not share them

Now that the tide is turning against Archie more and more Dakich will become an Archie defender.

Why the frick did we give this guy a 7 year deal? I already know what the answer will be, and it's total horsesh*t. A successful coach doesn't need a long contract to recruit. That's a loser's mentality for coaches who are poor recruiters. Successful coaches don't need long contracts, because they know they will win and know they will earn more years. Losing coaches need long contracts to convince recruits they'll be around. 

It's just comical how IU has constantly put themselves in scenarios where they have to keep bad coaches around because of too many years left on a contract. 

4 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Any chance Archie cuts and runs on his own?

Interesting question.  He's not getting the job done and a new AD won't necessarily feel any allegiance to him.  Is his noticeable weight loss due to a designed weight loss program or is it stress related and possibly generating some other health issues?  Is it better to be fired or cut and run in the eyes of future employers?  IMO, resigning wouldn't be that much of a detriment to his future hire albeit maybe not a major D1 school.  I can't answer your question only add some additional questions.

1 minute ago, TheWatShot said:

Why the frick did we give this guy a 7 year deal? I already know what the answer will be, and it's total horsesh*t. A successful coach doesn't need a long contract to recruit. That's a loser's mentality for coaches who are poor recruiters. Successful coaches don't need long contracts, because they know they will win and know they will earn more years. Losing coaches need long contracts to convince recruits they'll be around. 

It's just comical how IU has constantly put themselves in scenarios where they have to keep bad coaches around because of too many years left on a contract. 

Not disagreeing but this just kinda reiterates the point of IU hiring guys that will keep the bball program from becoming the face of the university.  To ME, and I'm no genius, it just seems like the higher ups are A OK with our bball program being just an average program. 

3 hours ago, coonhounds said:

I can buy into the administration making it a little tougher to bring in certain players, not writing blank checks to top coaching candidates, and making our players attend class, but I don’t know what else they really are doing to handcuff a coach’s ability to win here. 

They certainly give zero ****s about players getting run off the team. Crean had more players transfer than reach their senior year. They allow for a sizable  recruiting budget. They haven’t prevented us from landing the top player in the state the last two years. They haven’t limited the amount of exposure and prime time games we get when the team is ranked. They haven’t prevented IU from playing NCAA free agency and allowing grad transfers to come in. They haven’t prevented an unprecedented amount of money to be put into our new facilities.

Maybe they don’t fire poor coaching candidates soon enough, but that doesn’t handicap a coach from winning here.

I just wonder if the "handcuffing" is laid out in the form of making it hard for Archie to hold kids accountable.   Meaning they don't want any public rants, on court butt chewing etc.  Therefore if our players aren't doing what the coaches want them to on the court, Archie may hafta just swallow his tongue.   Just playing devil's advocate here.  

1 hour ago, Bowhunter said:

My exact words when I found out we hired Miller were ; I feel like I just got kicked in the nuts! I still feel that way. Shouldn’t have settled with this hire.

I’ll bring the question up again, who are we suppose to go get? 

Holtman is settled in. Wade was involved with the FBI stuff. 

At the risk of sounding dramatic, someone earlier (maybe Wayne) used the term “hopeless”. And that’s basically the point I’m at. Okay, so say they get rid of Archie/he resigns, both of which I doubt...why even waste time hoping for a home run hire we all want, with this administration? Feels hopeless as far as the hopes of ever getting a consistent, highly competitive team again.