Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Negativity Thread

I’ll try to remain cryptic, but those who may or may not be involved in this decision do not have plans to target an up-and-comer should there be another change at the top of the men’s program. They understand that they have shot and missed using this philosophy and the next hire will need to be a home run hire that has a “triple” floor. The list is short, and their preferences already know they are wanted, and how much ($) they are wanted. To think that today’s singular performance is in any way a catalyst, or that anything changed after today’s game that wasn’t already being worked on behind the scenes, would be near sighted. There seems like there is one or two others on these boards with access to people in the same loop, saying the same thing in not so many words if you are paying attention. 

It seems to me that our trustees have never been on the same page with this. I think the last couple of times I heard of some trustees/ parties making contact with some candidates and others contacting different ones.

There has been a faction that have wanted Alford as well.

I am hopeful that with Buckner involved perhaps your info reflects his influence and is a more collective feeling amongst the trustees.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

32 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

He had a really interesting interview with Butch Carter this week. DD can get old and I stopped
Following him on twitter but generally appreciate his perspective on things

I didn’t know the history of Butch Carter but this was a great interview starting around the 1:32.00 mark.  

2 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

It seems to me that our trustees have never been on the same page with this. I think the last couple of times I heard of some trustees/ parties making contact with some candidates and others contacting different ones.

There has been a faction that have wanted Alford as well.

I am hopeful that with Buckner involved perhaps your info reflects his influence and is a more collective feeling amongst the trustees.

Please not Alford, like the guy but want no part of him after the Pierre Piece debacle and his results at his latest stops. If we're taking an IU guy just because he's an IU guy I'd rather have Fife

I still don't get the hatred for Dakich.  His style may or may not be "for you" but he has the highest rated mid day show in the country and he sure as hell isn't wrong a whole lot as it relates to IU Basketball.

I don’t care for him but that wasn’t my point.

My point is that many have suggested Archie is being held back by the school and using the term handcuffed to excuse him for losses and poor performance.

Now, to my point, Dan wasn’t a fan of the hire nor the staff Archie brought in and has gone as far as to belittle and make fun of each of them. He has been critical of the school, staff and team and for many, he is just telling it like it is. Dan would likely know if Archie is being handcuffed and would have no qualms against sharing that type of information. It would behoove him to share it, it would bring more listeners and debate and interest around what is happening. If he knew of any handcuffing he, more than anyone would talk about it. He hasn’t and therefore I don’t believe it, it’s just an excuse some have made up and repeated over and over

Please not Alford, like the guy but want no part of him after the Pierre Piece debacle and his results at his latest stops. If we're taking an IU guy just because he's an IU guy I'd rather have Fife

Wasn’t Fife under Izzo during some of the coverups?

25 minutes ago, kreigh8 said:

I don’t want to open up that can of worms, but just think how different things could have been for Steve Alford if he would have been offered and accepted the Indiana job when CBK was fired. I personally believe he deserved that opportunity over Mike Davis...Alford could have avoided the entire Pierre Pierce ordeal and possibly been very successful at IU all those years ago...I know he would have recruited the State very well!

He had a really interesting interview with Butch Carter this week. DD can get old and I stopped
Following him on twitter but generally appreciate his perspective on things

His nickname used to be Snitch Carter. Lol! I believe he did make the game winning shot to beat Purdue in the NIT. Something we can’t seem to do anymore.

I don’t want to open up that can of worms, but just think how different things could have been for Steve Alford if he would have been offered and accepted the Indiana job when CBK was fired. I personally believe he deserved that opportunity over Mike Davis...Alford could have avoided the entire Pierre Pierce ordeal and possibly been very successful at IU all those years ago...I know he would have recruited the State very well!

I tend to agree. I know BTBanners hate Alford but I think it would have worked well.

Could be wrong though, of course.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

19 minutes ago, KDynamite said:

Or, he would have created a different negative situation here. He's had controversy of different sorts at several stops. 

A lot of IU fans Ive talked to away from btb wanted Alford. I talked to a friend today who was against CAM from the beginning. Said he couldnt handle the big stage. Looks like he was right. I wasnt on board with hiring Alford but he would have been better than this current debacle.

And to think we get to put our Jr. High basketball skills on National TV come Sunday against Michigan.
If Archie’s team is going to play like they have been.... don’t go.
Save face and forfeit.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Just now, southernindianahoosier2 said:

Only projected 2 more wins on Kenyon. Could lose out if the team gives up.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

That’s my fear, they lose out and give up before we get to the winnable games at home against Minny and Wisconsin. Want to be wrong but just have no confidence in the roster as currently constructed. Roster needs an overhaul in the worst way but I have little faith in next year barring some incoming transfers.

16 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Then I’d say if one can’t have respect for Alford, you can’t for Fife.

Relax, just was questioning why people were so dead set on Alford and needing an IU guy. Heard it often and in the grand scheme of things I’d rather have Fife who’s not struck out at a few stops already vs Fife who’s been tutoring for the best coach in the conference for quite a bit. I’d wouldn’t really want either of them if I’m honest