Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Negativity Thread

3 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

Well he seemed to be the unofficial favorite for many on the committee, not sure if anything has changed

When is it supposed to be announced?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I don't think anytime soon. Fred is here till July. Remember Scott was a manager on the 87 team. 

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

After seeing the "solely for reference" list, my favorite on the list when all things are considered (connections to IU/IU coaching tree, high-level success, age, no integrity issues) is easily apparent. Primary issue with that candidate would be $$; he currently makes over $4.5 million annually.

Also his alma mater might be looking for a coach at the same time. 

I don't think anytime soon. Fred is here till July. Remember Scott was a manager on the 87 team. 

And if you listen to the Goodman/Pat Knight podcast - Dolson has a role in getting RMK back. Not as big a role as Wittman or Buckner but a role and was trusted by the former players.

1 minute ago, Josh said:

Fred needs to save his legacy and fire him at the end of this season.  

Here is the thing I keep saying is the athletic department doesn't have the money to buy him out. Fred is not doing anything anymore, he is riding out till retirement. I will agree that it's as bad as ever right now but there is no money unless someone donates a lot. The athletic department has borrowed from my department twice in the last year with no plan on paying us back. 

1 minute ago, 8bucks said:

And if you listen to the Goodman/Pat Knight podcast - Dolson has a role in getting RMK back. Not as big a role as Wittman or Buckner but a role and was trusted by the former players.

That's why I say if Scott gets the job watch out for Alford. 

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

Here is the thing I keep saying is the athletic department doesn't have the money to buy him out. Fred is not doing anything anymore, he is riding out till retirement. I will agree that it's as bad as ever right now but there is no money unless someone donates a lot. The athletic department has borrowed from my department twice in the last year with no plan on paying us back. 

I've heard that donors are already having that discussion. This is second hand but supposedly donors are already having discussions about the buyout if things do not get better fast. 

4 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

This is really the only way I see it happening is if Fred sees it this way.

Problem is he will be the one hiring the next coach and I don’t believe he will want that either.

Obviously this would need to be done with the blessing of the new AD giving him a blank slate to work with.  

4 minutes ago, Aaron said:

I've heard that donors are already having that discussion. This is second hand but supposedly donors are already having discussions about the buyout if things do not get better fast. 

It would not surprise me, but I do think they would have to hire the new AD first. No one wants Fred making this decision

Truly amazing how fast this ship is sinking.

That’s why it’s important to have a great recruiting class because it, at least, instills hope for the next season.

This is bad folks.

Is Archie really this far over his head?

One of my biggest warnings was how players interacted with him at Senior night last year. I know those weren’t his guys but generally there would still be some thanks for taking things over and helping them out. Nary a word about Archie from the guys. I thought it was very odd.

I gather there isn’t a cancer so much as the whole team doesn’t care for him. I’m guessing here, but it’s all very odd.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 hour ago, OldBuddy67 said:

I've emailed Glass and it's the same vanilla answer he's given everyone in regards to the Basketball program. Maybe flooding the Board of Trustees email is an avenue. Has anyone tried this? I am today. For those interested its bdot@iu.edu 

Of course it was, you didn't expect anything else did you?

Besides, Glass just wants to get out of town before this blows up in his face.

11 minutes ago, Aaron said:

These next eight games are going to be bigger than big. In fact, the NEXT game is pretty climactic:

If we rise up against a hot Iowa team this week that'll change the equation, if we get enough bounce to win the other remaining home games, which are (arguably) not as tough as the Iowa game.

If we don't, we are likely to lose the next two on the road, even if we play really well, and things could go to a complete spiral. That could make those three remaining home games serious challenges.

At the risk of over-dramatizing, the concluded Purdue game and this Thursday's game could have implications that last for years.

10 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

This is really the only way I see it happening is if Fred sees it this way.

Problem is he will be the one hiring the next coach and I don’t believe he will want that either.

No one should want Glass making the next hire.  Fortunately for us his only concern now is trying to get out of dodge.

So Glass is leaving his athletic department he’s ran for 10 years with potentially no cash on hand, not making the tournament for 4 years, and leaving the brand heavily diluted according to current apathy levels.

How hard is it to write in a clause in Archie’s contract that if you don’t make the tournament for 3 years your buyout drops? It incentivizes Archie to win, and helps us cut bait if he fails. Did he learn nothing from the Crean contract and the mess he created with that? How do we not have any cash on hand to fire him if we need to?

1 minute ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

So Glass is leaving his athletic department he’s ran for 10 years with potentially no cash on hand, not making the tournament for 4 years, and leaving the brand heavily diluted according to current apathy levels.

How hard is it to write in a clause in Archie’s contract that if you don’t make the tournament for 3 years your buyout drops? It incentivizes Archie to win, and helps us cut bait if he fails. Did he learn nothing from the Crean contract and the mess he created with that? How do we not have any cash on hand to fire him if we need to?

Great job managing the athletic department and it's most visible entity, Fred.