Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

B1G Tournament Thread

Other than Indiana, I generally prefer to see the B1G lose. I strongly dislike Illinois, Purdue, MSU, OSU, Wisconsin; don’t like Minnesota, Rutgers, Maryland, Nebraska, Penn State; so go NW and Michigan...?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando BtownBanners

100% agree. NW and Michigan are the only ones I can kind of root for. Next tier would be Nebraska and Penn State.

I can root for OSU better now with Holtman than I could with Matta when they were landing 5 stars left and right.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

100% agree. NW and Michigan are the only ones I can kind of root for. Next tier would be Nebraska and Penn State.

I can root for OSU better now with Holtman than I could with Matta when they were landing 5 stars left and right.

I actually liked Matta - I thought he was a strong coach who recruited fairly well due to his coaching chops, not because he was cheating. OSU is a strong brand name which helps immensely.

I just hate THE Ohio State University with a passion, and will never like them no matter the coach.

3 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

This... is a really odd marketing concept. “Hey we’re here! Everyone else is really effing far away tho!”

Hey, New Brunswick is only 31 miles.  Then again, who really gives a crap about New Brunswick?

31 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I wish Purdue wasn’t Purdue; Painter, Haas, and PJ Thompson are easy to root for.
Thank goodness they have Haarms , Cline, and the Purdue fan base so that I can appreciate my dislike for the whole of the situation.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Cline just wants peace and everyone to love each other

6 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

B1G tournament about to tip-off. Here we go. After today 2 B1G teams season will be over. 2 teams will not play a game in March

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

This goes beyond this tournament and this conference, but having every team in the conference in a tournament is stupid...Participation!

18 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

This goes beyond this tournament and this conference, but having every team in the conference in a tournament is stupid...Participation!

I've never been a fan of conference tournaments and the fact that we rarely even sniff winning it doesn't help. Kinda embarrassing for a program of our alleged stature. Also seems to diminish a seasons worth of work to win the regular season championship.

I heard there are buses around NYC advertising for the BTT, and they have pictures of Basil Smotherman on them, also Troy Williams.  Basil transferred from Purdue I think 2 years ago, and obviously Williams isn't here.
Fail.

Enough Big Ten failure surrounding this seasons conference tournament to write an "Idiots Guide on Conference Tournaments."