Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

Yogi Ferrell Appreciation Thread

Yogi,

Thank you on behalf of Hoosier Nation. On behalf of the former Indiana players and coaches. On behalf of the future Hoosiers you inspired with your dedication and grit over your 4 year career. Best of luck in the future, although we know you won't need it. Definitely going to miss watching you suit up for the Hoosiers.

Feels like he was a Hoosier for 8 years. Gonna be weird not seeing him out there. 

I think that's my biggest thing too. It's going to be so weird to not see Yogi suited up next season. Good luck with wherever your future takes you Yogi, you'll always have a home as a hoosier.

22 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

The best possible thing that can be said about him:

"Yogi Ferrell, a True Hoosier".

...and a Champion.  Came in as Indiana High School Champion, was an immediate Big Ten Champion, and leaves as a Big Ten Champion.  But, as you state. mostly a True Hoosier. 

I remember first seeing him win a state title in high school as a junior, and man it's been a fun ride ever since. A few bumps in the road, but he's grown so much in all areas and it will for sure be weird not seeing him out there again. Really hoping my Pacers draft him but I'll follow his career regardless. You've been a true Hoosier Yogi, and you will surely be missed.

For me... Yogi is Indiana basketball. Always brought the right attitude. Always worked hard.

Phenomenal talent... Always classy. Looking forward to following his career. You just know he's going to put in the work and be a success in everything he tries

Thank you Yogi for becoming the "new era" definition of what being a Hoosier is all about, while holding our past as a program to the standard in which you carried yourself!! I will always remember you as one of the all time greats and always respect you for the heart you put into each game I watched you play in. I remember watching you beat southwood at park Tudor and even though I had friends on that team I couldn't help but root for you to beat us lol. After you did of course I said I really hope he comes to IU. No one could've expected the impact you would have on this program. I look forward to watching you at the next level and always calling you a Hoosier before all else. You accomplished so much on and off the court and define STUDENT-athlete to the fullest. Thanks for the amazing 4 years Yogi.

This thread makes me cry! I absolutely love all of you guys. Even the critics are appreciated because you all made Yogi stronger, better, tougher. Just know he gave all he had. Much love! I'll make sure he sees this thread!!

Just make sure he kills it at the combine. Get that little guy drafted!

This thread makes me cry! I absolutely love all of you guys. Even the critics are appreciated because you all made Yogi stronger, better, tougher. Just know he gave all he had. Much love! I'll make sure he sees this thread!!

He had to battle guys twice his height! It's not fair. . My 9 YO has grown to love Yogi. He is the shortest guy on his team and plays PG. He was confident Yogi was going to bring us back single handedly.

Yogi wanted to win every game. I admire that. And thanks to you and Yogi for choosing my/our beloved University. You should be so proud.

Go get drafted man, you've got the talent.

Watching him grow from season to season has been a complete pleasure. His freshman year just being the distributer to our future lottery picks. Sophomore year to showing the world how much he can score without those lottery picks. Junior year dealing with adversity and leading his team to get better. Then his senior year being just the Hoosier ball player we've been dying to have. He is IU basketball. He is a Hoosier. I wanted him to have a nat'l championship, but he left his mark at Indiana and will be remembered as a legend. What a career. Such heart and such love for his school.

We love you as well Doc!