Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

He basically says Adidas payed Tim Langford for Romeo's commitment to an Adidas school.

Sent from my Pixel using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, Hoosier812 said:

He basically says Adidas payed Tim Langford for Romeo's commitment to an Adidas school.

I disagree. It says that the Adidas execs had fear that they might lose Romeo to a Nike/UA AAU team. So they helped his dad create his own team, financially. This is not illegal. Romeo had a Nike school in his final 3 and a UA and a couple Nike schools in his final 7.

This is basically Pitino just being salty and trying to make others look bad with rumors, since he can't get any one else in trouble with him.

I disagree. It says that the Adidas execs had fear that they might lose Romeo to a Nike/UA AAU team. So they helped his dad create his own team, financially. This is not illegal. Romeo had a Nike school in his final 3 and a UA and a couple Nike schools in his final 7.

This is basically Pitino just being salty and trying to make others look bad with rumors, since he can't get any one else in trouble with him.
I get that, it's similar to Marvin Bagley's dad and Nike. But, in Marvin's case, they were given way more than necessary to run a AAU team. With FBI probe on going, it's unwanted attention. Adidas could have done the same thing in this case. It seems very shady and if we expect changes coming to college basketball this would be something that could be addressed.

Once again - I did not like anything surrounding Romeo Langford's recruitment. I hope this doesn't turn into anything serious, but Lousiville, UK, UCLA, and Vandy all being involved should give everyone reason for concern...

Once again - I did not like anything surrounding Romeo Langford's recruitment. I hope this doesn't turn into anything serious, but Lousiville, UK, UCLA, and Vandy all being involved should give everyone reason for concern...

My opinions have been stated for months as well.

But if we ever want 5 stars..........

Virtually every single 5 star player has financial demand. It’s to be expected.

IU knew what they were doing here. I think we as a University are perfectly safe.

Romeo’s eligibility could be in question though if angry, bitter people push hard enough.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Everyone wants Indiana to always be down; it’s just a good thing Brand isn’t running the show in Indy anymore and the clowns at IU are also long gone. This reaches every team landing five Stars period. Are they gonna punish this when academic fraud is blessed? NCAA is a joke.

56 minutes ago, InArchWeTrust said:

I think anyone paying attention could've predicted SOMETHING like this would pop up, right?  I am definitely not surprised.

I'm surprised it took this long, honestly.

My summary, Pitino was hot after Romeo Langford and became fearful that another shoe company/school might influence him (RL) away.  Ricky then contacted Addidas and asked for a little help, Romeo's dad then formed his own AAU team with Addidas.

Then Ricky got caught being, once again, slimy and UL was out of the running.  If anything it casts a bit of a shadow on Tim Langford - especially if he was paying himself with that Addidas money.  Even still, it's apparently legal whether we or anyone else likes it or not.

55 minutes ago, schoosier said:

Everyone wants Indiana to always be down; it’s just a good thing Brand isn’t running the show in Indy anymore and the clowns at IU are also long gone. This reaches every team landing five Stars period. Are they gonna punish this when academic fraud is blessed? NCAA is a joke.

What basis do you have for saying "Everyone wants Indiana to always be down?" I think it's the opposite as most people say Indiana being good is good for college basketball.

It sounds to me like a reporter just doing his job after getting fed info by Rick Pitino, so F%$# Rick Pitino.

But from the sounds of it, we didn't do anything illegal so this will go away in a few weeks.

So......everything done and reported here was public knowledge (unlike the money paid to Louisville and Kansas families as well as the Louisville parties)....the article says nothing done here was illegal and mentions how common place the activities were.....

what exactly are we supposed to be concerned about?  Kids being aligned with shoe brands and AAU is old hat.  Unless there is improper money being exchanged (which the article implies that there is no evidence of), then, quite frankly, so what?

Seems pretty irresponsible reporting to go after an 18 year old with a 'there wasn't anything illegal done, but based on things that we have absolutely no proof or evidence, something might possibly could be;......

1 hour ago, InArchWeTrust said:

I think anyone paying attention could've predicted SOMETHING like this would pop up, right?  I am definitely not surprised.

This is the thing....IT'S SIMPLY NOT NEW.  Tim Langford's team became an AAU team back in January of 2017.  Rick Pitino's words of 'Langford said whatever shoe company gave the most money for his AAU program would be the shoe company he picks to run his team with'.....well, no ****.  

Simply a pretty shoddy job of 'news reporting' IMO.  Not even a 'where there's smoke, there's fire'.....more like 'you know, it's possible there might be smoke, so there must be arson involved'.

My opinions have been stated for months as well.

But if we ever want 5 stars..........

Virtually every single 5 star player has financial demand. It’s to be expected.

IU knew what they were doing here. I think we as a University are perfectly safe.

Romeo’s eligibility could be in question though if angry, bitter people push hard enough.

Nothing illegal occurred. Going to the highest bidder is pretty common in other industries. You can be paranoid on your own accord if you so choose

Nothing illegal occurred. Going to the highest bidder is pretty common in other industries. You can be paranoid on your own accord if you so choose

What’s your point here? I’ve always wanted to recruit the 5 stars kids and Let the shoe companies figure it out. I’m not paranoid, just not surprised in the slightest. I knew exactly what was going on and have said so on numerous occasions.

I’m also on record, saying I think these kids/parents probably deserve what they are getting. It’s the marketplace and these kids have worth.