Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

Do you think they get that far?  I guess NA is the favorite but FC, BSouth, and Warren Central are all pretty good. 

The South is loaded. Wish Floyd played in the north.. I think they'd win it. 

So if I heard Langford correctly...he said that Vandys pitch to him is that he would be the best player to ever play at Vandy (that's gotta sting Darius) and that he would help them return to prominence. Thats a bit rich for me...to return to prominence, you've had to have had success. Measurable, tangible, significant success. The only thing I have ever known about Vandy is that they might knock off a big school now and then...maybe go deep in a preseason tournament, but never..ever sustained success to even remotely challenge SEC schools year in and out. Nice pitch Drew...maybe ground it in reality next time. A side note: if THAT is what Langford honestly believes and chooses to go there, they can have him.

Post game interview with Romeo on Inside the Hall:
http://www.insidethehall.com/2018/02/16/video-romeo-langford-talks-senior-night-win/

Sounds like ol Wormtongue Drew has convinced Romeo. I don’t get the appeal of putting ******* Vanderbilt on the map. Nobody cares there. 

$$$ motivates above all else.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Romeo is just different. I got the chance to talk to him at the beginning of the season as I went to the first few games and didn't make it back until tonight, but he has matured so much in just a few months. The autographs are awesome, but what the videos and pictures don't show is how much he actually listens to fans talk. He was literally being told he needed to hurry at least 5 times because he would have normal conversations with people not just a quick hey. Not that he was immature before, you just didn't see him like tonight. He's a special kid. 

BTW him and Damon did get to chat a bit as expected. I heard some pretty cool stuff tonight and it was fun to be there to cover him. Gonna try making the finale if anyone else is making it that way. 

Believe he said, "would be cool playing with him". I don't think it's really anything too serious, he would not leak a decision like that, especially because I don't think he's officially made the decision yet.

I have never rooted harder against ANY team as I will against Vandy next season with Romeo. Not any UK team. Not any Purdue team.

Sadly Garland and Romeo will be a dynamic backcourt that would otherwise be fun to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I have never rooted harder against ANY team as I will against Vandy next season with Romeo. Not any UK team. Not any Purdue team.

Sadly Garland and Romeo will be a dynamic backcourt that would otherwise be fun to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Why is everyone sold on him to Vanderbilt, what the hell is happening