Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

1 hour ago, IU-DL said:

Keep in mind the twitter game Garland played, liking, retweeting, and trolling all things IU.  It was shocked at how intentional he was until the day before he committed.  Remarkably childish. I'm not saying Romeo is that way, but DG definitely did it, with intent.

I really don't get comments like this.. The kid was 17 years old. What makes you think he deliberately trolled IU? You think he took the time to do these things just to mess with the IU fanbase intentionally for what reason exactly? He must be some kind of diabolical sociopath.

I'm going out on a limb here... Maybe he was excited about all the love he was getting? Maybe it was a really tough decision for him that came down to the wire, but ultimately he thought the better choice for himself and his family was to go to Vandy?

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Nope!

I want him to see his choices, the game environment, the coaching style, the whole thing. Then, if he announces for Vandy I'll be more okay with it, and if he announces for IU I'll know that he was fully informed and because of that did the right thing.

In other words; if we believe that he's legitimately trying to see which program has more going for it, the contrast should be striking and obvious.

In less that collapse under two minutes AGAIN and hit a buzzer beater which would make the rest of the game not so bad I guess for him, but I agree. I WANT HIM TO VISIT. Unless Chris's theory happens and he commits Friday. I guess that'd be cool too.

No, he did deliberately troll IU. He made up his mind to go to Vanderbilt weeks before he committed and only went on his OV here to get closer go Romeo. Garland gave a deliberately deceptive interview to Rabjohns making it seem like IU was the favorite less than two weeks before he announced his decision.
When in fact after he announced didn't he claim we were a distant third? In that's the case no question his iu visit was only to get close to romeo.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

When in fact after he announced didn't he claim we were a distant third? In that's the case no question his iu visit was only to get close to romeo.

Actually I remember in an interview him saying UCLA was 2nd and Kentucky was 3rd. He didn’t even mention Indiana if I remember right. Which you can tell it was clearly trying to troll Indiana and a plea for Romeo by the fact that kids don’t usually list the order off after the pick a school.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

No, he did deliberately troll IU. He made up his mind to go to Vanderbilt weeks before he committed and only went on his OV here to get closer go Romeo. Garland gave a deliberately deceptive interview to Rabjohns making it seem like IU was the favorite less than two weeks before he announced his decision.

And after he went on to say IU wasn't even second UCLA was

Sent from my SM-G955U using BtownBanners mobile app

4 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

I get the feeling it wasn't all him. I suspect his dad was very involved in all of this.

Agree completely.  His dad was the one feeding Rabjohns for the last week of the recruitment.  Shade...

1 hour ago, Fkfootball1 said:

For all we know, his dad may be pulling all the strings with Darius. Pretty sickening for Winston to claim his IU fandom and love for Bob Knight and then knife us in the back.

What I suspect, is that he was a RMK fan and hates IU for firing him. 

Their are many people out there that think like that. I know UK, UofL, and Purdue fans, who claim that they were IU fans in the Knight era.

Sounds reasonable to me and I think you're right.

For all we know, his dad may be pulling all the strings with Darius. Pretty sickening for Winston to claim his IU fandom and love for Bob Knight and then knife us in the back.

What I suspect, is that he was a RMK fan and hates IU for firing him. 

Their are many people out there that think like that. I know UK, UofL, and Purdue fans, who claim that they were IU fans in the Knight era.

How does one grow up rooting for IU and switch to its arch rivals? I don’t care what is going on with the program, that makes no sense

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app