Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

5 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Darius rubs a lot of people the wrong way on the outside, but those close to him couldn't say nicer things about him. Kid needs to change that asap because he wants to be an NBA player and build his brand. What teenager is ready for that at his age besides LeBron though? With that said he fooled me. I truly thought he was a great kid who never talked close to the way he does. I didn't think he was a Rob Phinisee type but maybe a Tre Jones type. Negative. We're lucky with Rob. He's an awesome kid and we couldn't of gotten a better pg for the future.

The whole video of him saying he can't reveal his and Romeo's "secrets" is obnoxious more than anything to me, that drives me crazy. He's been trying to soeak things into existence for a while and he will be trying very very hard this weekend, let's hope it annoys the hell out of Romeo

I don’t know if Archie needs to adjust his recruiting pitch or what but we should not be fighting and scrapping with Vanderbilt and UCLA for kids in our backyard. I guess we are paying for the sins of our past.
Romeo had zero interest in IU with crean around. Had Archie been here a year or two ago I'm guessing we'd have him locked up by now. But I agree we should not have to fight vandy for kids in our own state

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, Ajwhitis said:

The whole video of him saying he can't reveal his and Romeo's "secrets" is obnoxious more than anything to me, that drives me crazy. He's been trying to soeak things into existence for a while and he will be trying very very hard this weekend, let's hope it annoys the hell out of Romeo

Sometimes quite reserved people like myself like hanging around with loud people. It doesn’t make since but opposites do attract!

19 minutes ago, Ajwhitis said:

What video 

17 minutes ago, Ajwhitis said:

Whaaaaaaaaaat!!??? Link? If he's doing that than I don't have an excuse for that. Teenage kids are arrogant and that's fine to an extent, we've made them that way but all the attention we give, but going out of your way and bringing in other kids who want no part of it isn't cool plain and simple. If Romeo does choose Vandy now it's just gonna look more and more like he couldn't even make the decision for himself. 

Could be Kenny just got a couple kids more at Louisville,we were recruiting Mitchell and Spaulding hard.
Hope I'm wrong.

Sent from my LGL41C using BtownBanners mobile app

Mitchell’s dad came out and said adidas pointed them towards Louisville. In an anonymous interview he said Donovan had a real interest in an adidas school in the BIG big adidas pushed them towards Louisville

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I don’t know if Archie needs to adjust his recruiting pitch or what but we should not be fighting and scrapping with Vanderbilt and UCLA for kids in our backyard. I guess we are paying for the sins of our past.
Less than a yr on the job. Relax

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

Sometimes quite reserved people like myself like hanging around with loud people. It doesn’t make since but opposites do attract!

That's true but to an extent. I'm sure Romeo and his family don't want Garland narrating his decision and running his mouth all over social media. Being a reason they are friends make sense, but not this. Sucks. I hope Romeo gets to make this decision with people knowing it's his, not his dad's or not Garlands.

15 minutes ago, HooHooHoo22 said:

Mitchell’s dad came out and said adidas pointed them towards Louisville. In an anonymous interview he said Donovan had a real interest in an adidas school in the BIG big adidas pushed them towards Louisville

Damn... Adidas screwing over IU to send a kid to Louisville? Why do we even bother with this second-rate brand.

Do you have a link?

3 minutes ago, iufaninillinois said:

Less than a yr on the job. Relax

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

We are in great shape with numerous top 50 prospects in '19. Archie's recruiting tactics are fine. UCLA has a ton to sale and they are a school that catches eyes. Vandy beat out a lot more than us for Garland. Shittu was a weird recruitment. They beat out everyone but 2 other schools for one of the most sought after prospects of the whole class and could end up beating everyone including Duke, UK, Kansas I mean c'mon. 

1 hour ago, Iugradman said:

I agree with Vanderbilt but not sure about UCLA. More NC's, warmer weather, living in LA they should have a nice sales pitch. 

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

Would it make everyone feel better if for some reason Romeo doesn't make the visit to Vanderbilt? Would we feel like we got Garland and Vandy back some for how they treated us? 

Now you know this is going to cause an uproar just by you mentioning him not going on the visit!  This site may shut down soon ...  

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Would it make everyone feel better if for some reason Romeo doesn't make the visit to Vanderbilt? Would we feel like we got Garland and Vandy back some for how they treated us? 

Would definitely make for entertaining banter

2 minutes ago, InArchWeTrust said:

Now you know this is going to cause an uproar just by you mentioning him not going on the visit!  This site may shut down soon ...  

The Damon interview had me thinking that while he was there Friday night, on senior night Romeo could announce for IU and then not go on his visit to Vandy. Kind of like a middle finger to Garland and Vandy.

Damn... Adidas screwing over IU to send a kid to Louisville? Why do we even bother with this second-rate brand.

Do you have a link?

https://nypost.com/2017/09/30/father-of-ex-louisville-star-my-son-was-offered-100k-from-rival/

It looks like adidas was pushing him towards an adidas school in the BIG, sorry about the confusion

13 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Nope!

I want him to see his choices, the game environment, the coaching style, the whole thing. Then, if he announces for Vandy I'll be more okay with it, and if he announces for IU I'll know that he was fully informed and because of that did the right thing.

In other words; if we believe that he's legitimately trying to see which program has more going for it, the contrast should be striking and obvious.