Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

7 visits (recruiting opportunities) in an academic year per recruit. That resets each new academic year. If 2 players are at same event it will count as a visit for each

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

USPS where did you find the last part? I thought that was up for interpretation? Not saying you are wrong by any stretch. But that is what I always thought that was.

USPS where did you find the last part? I thought that was up for interpretation? Not saying you are wrong by any stretch. But that is what I always thought that was.

Talking with scouts over time. It’s why after Ostrom came to the Southport tip-off classic to watch TJD he left before Romeo started game started. I guess I should of said 2 recruits in same game count as a visit for each

Carmel defeated FW North 54-42 and never allowed FWN a chance to get back into the game once they built a double digit lead.  Haven't seen any individual stats for Brooks.

Now have seen 20 pts. reported for Brooks.

Edited by Class of '66 Old Fart
added stats

Brooks finished with 20 points and scored nine points in the fourth quarter.  FWN really never got untracked against Carmel and 3 first half fouls against Brooks didn't help matters.  

In North Side's win over Zionsville, Brooks finished with 14 points, nine rebounds and two blocked shots

http://www.journalgazette.net/sports/high-schools/20180311/legends-quest-for-finals-return-comes-up-short

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/twitter-tuesday-ramey-s-future-fixing-pitt-iu-s-top-targets

Q: Can you give the percentages on how realistic a Keion Brooks and Trayce Jackson-Davis class currently looks for IU? #TwitterTuesday

A: The top state of Indiana junior prospects, Keion Brooks and Trayce Jackson-Davis, remain priority recruits for the first-year staff in Bloomington. Archie Miller has done a phenomenal job of making the Hoosiers a favorite for each as the chances of landing both sits around 60 percent.

It would be a major, major shock if Indiana does not land at least one of the two. Practically the entire Big Ten has offered the top 50 prospects, as a slew of others outside of their Midwest locale have come calling.

Brooks has been a heavily coveted name since stepping foot onto a high school playing floor. Indiana and Kentucky are the likeliest of landing spots for the 6-foot-7 forward with the Hoosiers having a slight upper hand.

Jackson-Davis, the son of former NBA big man Dale Davis, has seen his stock soar in recent months. He has grown another inch and developed his skillset and athleticism to the point that he is evolving into a five-star prospect during our next ranking update. Indiana is the favorite here, too, as it may have an even better chance with the 6-foot-8 big man compared to Brooks.

28 minutes ago, BH33 said:

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/twitter-tuesday-ramey-s-future-fixing-pitt-iu-s-top-targets

Q: Can you give the percentages on how realistic a Keion Brooks and Trayce Jackson-Davis class currently looks for IU? #TwitterTuesday

A: The top state of Indiana junior prospects, Keion Brooks and Trayce Jackson-Davis, remain priority recruits for the first-year staff in Bloomington. Archie Miller has done a phenomenal job of making the Hoosiers a favorite for each as the chances of landing both sits around 60 percent.

It would be a major, major shock if Indiana does not land at least one of the two. Practically the entire Big Ten has offered the top 50 prospects, as a slew of others outside of their Midwest locale have come calling.

Brooks has been a heavily coveted name since stepping foot onto a high school playing floor. Indiana and Kentucky are the likeliest of landing spots for the 6-foot-7 forward with the Hoosiers having a slight upper hand.

Jackson-Davis, the son of former NBA big man Dale Davis, has seen his stock soar in recent months. He has grown another inch and developed his skillset and athleticism to the point that he is evolving into a five-star prospect during our next ranking update. Indiana is the favorite here, too, as it may have an even better chance with the 6-foot-8 big man compared to Brooks.

Correct me if I am wrong but Archie visited TJD before he exploded nationally. That has to matter a little bit. 

5 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Correct me if I am wrong but Archie visited TJD before he exploded nationally. That has to matter a little bit. 

I can't remember the exact progression, but wasn't it something like: ranked in the 80s, jumped to ~50, and now top 25? There was definitely a steady climb after the summer sessions, iirc.

2 minutes ago, InArchWeTrust said:

It's fun to watch these, but I'm so reserved after getting amped up after watching Perea, Patterson, Hollowell, etc.  Those guys dominated in HS and dominated for a reason.  No competition. When I see high school highlight videos, I always have to keep in mind it's a 6'7" national star playing against guys like me (a slow guy that can't shoot or jump but was good enough to play in high school).  90% of the shots are uncontested or are wide open/putback dunks. Again, fun to watch but far from a reflection of what B1G competition will provide (unless it's a pure shooter or a kid like Yogi who was a clear stand out).

4 minutes ago, IU-DL said:

It's fun to watch these, but I'm so reserved after getting amped up after watching Perea, Patterson, Hollowell, etc.  Those guys dominated in HS and dominated for a reason.  No competition. When I see high school highlight videos, I always have to keep in mind it's a 6'7" national star playing against guys like me (a slow guy that can't shoot or jump but was good enough to play in high school).  90% of the shots are uncontested or are wide open/putback dunks. Again, fun to watch but far from a reflection of what B1G competition will provide (unless it's a pure shooter or a kid like Yogi who was a clear stand out).

Agreed.  Hey, I was a slow white guy that couldn't jump in HS too!  I guess that is where we trust coaches to make the determination on who will translate well into the B1G.  #InArchWeTrust

11 hours ago, IU-DL said:

Hanner Perea absolutely did not dominate in high school.  He had monster dunks, but I don't think he even averaged double-digit points his senior year.  Hollowell and Patterson didn't either really.  They were good scorers, but "dominate" is a bit of a strong word.

I get your point though.  Not much can be taken out of highlight videos.  They're just for show.

1 hour ago, AKHoosier said:

Hanner Perea absolutely did not dominate in high school.  He had monster dunks, but I don't think he even averaged double-digit points his senior year.  Hollowell and Patterson didn't either really.  They were good scorers, but "dominate" is a bit of a strong word.

I get your point though.  Not much can be taken out of highlight videos.  They're just for show.

I'll disagree with Patterson.  Coached against him and scouted him a lot.  He was exceptional. I saw him go for 30+ multiple times and make it look easy.   Long arms, good defender, good rebounder.  Not having him was a blow.   Hollowell?  I knew he'd be a problem.  No heart and no work ethic.  Waste of a scholarship.   But Patterson was the real deal in high school.

3 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

I'll disagree with Patterson.  Coached against him and scouted him a lot.  He was exceptional. I saw him go for 30+ multiple times and make it look easy.   Long arms, good defender, good rebounder.  Not having him was a blow.   Hollowell?  I knew he'd be a problem.  No heart and no work ethic.  Waste of a scholarship.   But Patterson was the real deal in high school.

So what happened to him?

8 minutes ago, HoosierX said:

So what happened to him?

Was declared academically ineligible by IU and never granted entry.  Went to Syracuse and never found the fit.  Transferred to IUPUI and averaged ~ 10 PPG as a senior. 

I saw Patterson play aau against Zac Lofton from new Mexico. Lofton ate his lunch big time. Wasn't high on him after that.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, AKHoosier said:

It's easy to say now but I always thought Hollowell and Perea were very overrated. We really needed those guys to come off the bench as Freshman. The '13 team really only had 6 players.  I wish Patterson could have stuck around he could have been decent. 

Saw Hollowell play in the g league the other day on TV...pretty much the same player except he's going for a DeMarcus Cousins style with the uniform look. Line beard, headband, compression stuff....he looks the part, still doesn't play like it. He shot the ball on a possession and hit the side of the backboard...it was an uncontested shot.