Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

21 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Jay Graves roasted Brooks pretty good in this:  http://www.thejaygravesreport.com/keion-brooks-pulls-a-lavar-ball-on-fort-wayne-north-side-just-weeks-before-the-sectionals-selfishness/

This was tweeted response from Brooks:  Check your sources cause you obviously don’t know what you talking about!

This is the best.

And it just gets curiouser and more curiouser.

From the Fort Wayne News-Sentinel:  http://www.news-sentinel.com/sports/2018/01/23/keion-brooks-jr-s-status-remains-in-limbo-source-says-he-will-remain-enrolled-at-north-side/?platform=hootsuite

Indianasportscoverage.com writer Drew Davis reported earlier today that his sources claim that Khaliq asked Brooks Jr. to leave the team before the game last Saturday night in Elkhart. That claim has not been confirmed by the school or basketball program.

And it just gets curiouser and more curiouser.
From the Fort Wayne News-Sentinel:  http://www.news-sentinel.com/sports/2018/01/23/keion-brooks-jr-s-status-remains-in-limbo-source-says-he-will-remain-enrolled-at-north-side/?platform=hootsuite
Indianasportscoverage.com writer Drew Davis reported earlier today that his sources claim that Khaliq asked Brooks Jr. to leave the team before the game last Saturday night in Elkhart. That claim has not been confirmed by the school or basketball program.

Sheesh. This seems like it's about to get ugly, and I don't know how to feel about it if it's true.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Gotta recap?

Host didn't add much to the Brooks thing tonight but used the term "side show" again referencing the rift it's causing. Said he invited Brooks Sr on the show but didn't get a reply.

As far as Osterman. I didn't catch it all but said that winning close games and realizing Defense is important in those games should pay dividends this year and especially in future years when the talent is better. He also said Morgan could have probably came back and played vs MSU but it was a group/coaches decision to get him well and not push things in a game like that MSU game.

Talked to an AAU parent today about Brooks. Lol. They said they really like the family and the kid and don't think the family necessarily wants to do a prep school.

This parent isn't directly connected but is well connected to the AAU scene.

If the final destination is a prep school, it'd be my impression it was encouraged by certain college coaches.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

https://www.prepballstars.com/?p=2059

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Case in point why a parent shouldn’t be a coach for their child beyond youth leagues. Even then some parents can’t handle it. He expected more being a star player. He didn’t get what they thought and the team won without him. Ego needs taken back a notch imo. The coach also should have handled it better. But in the end it’s his show. Senior didn’t walk in that office as a coach. He went in as a parent. Doesn’t teach his son anything.

Case in point why a parent shouldn’t be a coach for their child beyond youth leagues. Even then some parents can’t handle it. He expected more being a star player. He didn’t get what they thought and the team won without him. Ego needs taken back a notch imo. The coach also should have handled it better. But in the end it’s his show. Senior didn’t walk in that office as a coach. He went in as a parent. Doesn’t teach his son anything.

That’s your take? I don’t see any problem with Sr. being a coach there, it’s more of a problem of a head coach not taking care of his kids. There have been lost of rumblings about the head coach being a headcase. I don’t think anything falls on the Brooks’

That’s your take? I don’t see any problem with Sr. being a coach there, it’s more of a problem of a head coach not taking care of his kids. There have been lost of rumblings about the head coach being a headcase. I don’t think anything falls on the Brooks’

Yes it is and fair enough. I do. I don’t know many assistant coaches taking a kid into the coaches office to complain the coach didn’t answer a text. At the same time again like I said earlier he could have handled it better. They are both at fault. Do you really believe senior told that reporter the 100% truth of what he said in that office? I personally don’t.

48 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Yes it is and fair enough. I do. I don’t know many assistant coaches taking a kid into the coaches office to complain the coach didn’t answer a text. At the same time again like I said earlier he could have handled it better. They are both at fault. Do you really believe senior told that reporter the 100% truth of what he said in that office? I personally don’t.

Yep. Brooks get to control the narrative because Keion is the celebrity.

It does appear that Keion remains committed to his team, which is good.

Also Keion is ranked waaaay up there in the new 247. I haven't personally seen it, but I'll concede these people are better talent scouts than I will ever be.

Seems weird to me that the coach didn't reply. Seems like an all around weird situation imo. 

This exact take by Brooks Sr was given to me by another source, virtually word for word.

I believe the truth probably falls somewhere between this take and Shabazz's take. I'm guessing we don't have the exact story.

It'll be interesting to see what Brooks does in the offseason. I have heard a bunch on Brooks from Fort Wayne folks. People around here that know them, like them. The radio people were giving them a hard time. Maybe unfairly? Maybe not.

2019 #iubb target Keion Brooks Jr. @KeionB_12 was close to getting a triple-double tonight. KBJ finished with 19 points, 11 rebounds, and 6 blocks in North Side’s bounce back win over Concordia.
Drew Davis

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners