Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

WayneFleekHoosier

Prepare early for a meltdown!!!

I never understand the argument that a recruit shouldn't go to X school because (insert your reason here). Theres a lot of subjectivity in the college admissions process and things aren't as black and white as some would like to believe. 

Theres a whole bunch of factors and priorities that differ from school to school and kid to kid. The problem is not missing on Davis/Kegler. The problem is not having other solid recruits we are in the running for (which we may or may not know... just because it isn't in the news doesn't mean we aren't pursuing other plans).

Thats not to say we won't get them. I feel fairly confident we land Davis at this point

Let's not forget guys that a lot of Crystal Ball people switch picks based merely on visits and will run with any rumor, regardless of merit. Not saying they don't know what they are doing, but those picks are like little school girls when it comes to a boy. It's so up and down and changes so easily that it doesn't mean a bunch. Let's wait until actual information comes out!

i pretty much agree here just worrisome that Bozich chimed in.

Believe me, we want Davis and especially Kegler. Question should be why is IU not an obvious choice over Miss. St. ?

as many other poster have pointed out Kegler is from Mississippi so that could be a reason why iu is not an obvious choice for him, Davis has been recruited by crean for a couple of years, if he feels his job security is in question then that might be a reason why iu isn't a obvious choice for him. He could go to miss st where he knows hollandsjob isn't in jepaordy. Also a sad fact is in these recruits lifetime miss st has been to just as many final 4 as indiana ( iu-2002)(miss st-1996)

Let's not forget guys that a lot of Crystal Ball people switch picks based merely on visits and will run with any rumor, regardless of merit. Not saying they don't know what they are doing, but those picks are like little school girls when it comes to a boy. It's so up and down and changes so easily that it doesn't mean a bunch. Let's wait until actual information comes out!

THIS!!! These "experts" change their picks all the time. Im not going to lose sleep over them changing. We forget that a big number of  recruits that we have seemed to sign over the past few years have been "picked" to go somewhere else up until the last minute. Blackmon Jr was picked to go to Kentucky, Troy , Rob Johnson, and a few others were all "picked" to go somewhere else. These "experts" literally change their mind all the time and at the last minute hear the rumors and magically pick the right school.
Id really like to see the stats of how many times they get their picks right.

as many other poster have pointed out Kegler is from Mississippi so that could be a reason why iu is not an obvious choice for him, Davis has been recruited by crean for a couple of years, if he feels his job security is in question then that might be a reason why iu isn't a obvious choice for him. He could go to miss st where he knows hollandsjob isn't in jepaordy. Also a sad fact is in these recruits lifetime miss st has been to just as many final 4 as indiana ( iu-2002)(miss st-1996)

Don't forget that McClain led Davis' recruiting the whole time, not Crean

i pretty much agree here just worrisome that Bozich chimed in.

I understand! Trust me, I'm not a Coach Crean guy at all, but I don't let that fuel my posts. He's not bigger than Indiana basketball. Look at it this way, if he fails in recruiting, then his record goes bad. What should that equal.....? lol. I just can't get worked up over a few recruits. If the recruiting is bad, then it should lead to a new coach. If he recruits good and we are consistently in the Sweet16+, no complaints here. I save my complaining for in game strategy anyway :) lol

Crystal Ball swoon for Schnider Herard, Kegler, and DeRon Davis to Mississippi St.

Bozich included.

Oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I never knew Chicken Little was an IU basketball fan or followed recruiting this closely.

I don't get the preemptive panic and hand wringing, there will be plenty of time for such things after the decision if the recruits decide to go elsewhere.