Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

IU vs Nebraska Post Game Thread

Troy should not be bringing the ball up the floor.

I have been trying to understand the motivation for it...I he when you want to free up a shooter I.e. yogi or Blackman. But when you jave three guards on the floor that could run the point let one of them.

Hanner playing big boy ball!

Yogi did what you need a point to do and thats facilitate.I think he played a great game.

The team played composed with the lead down the stretch.

CTC coached with an attitude today.

We lose this game last year.

1&0 now lets take the Spartans down!

It definitely looked like he tweaked something on that first fast break layup he had. He played well after it, but the takeoff was really awkward and he was definitely wincing and limping a tad on the replay running back on defensive.

Any word on Emmitt? There’s some noise on twitter about him tweaking his knee. True? Not?

Good win.

Continuing to see improvement-----not easy to win at Nebraska.

I'm happy with the win, but don't forget Incarnate Word won at Nebraska earlier this year.

Emmitt Holt needs more minutes. Excellent road win. Not sure where Hoetzel fits with this team. Can't let teams go on runs like that. 

I gotta' have more Holt baby! 

Painfully obvious that our (handle delicatley)...less athletic players are challenged defensively to guard and stop just mediocre athletes.

I was able to watch this game with my dad, mom, wife, and one of my brothers on New Years Eve! Awesome sauce. Enjoyed every minute.

Hanner played like a MAN!

Crean did much better job at slowing the pace when we got our large 13 point lead for the 2nd time. Lots of positives in this one. Blackmon gets blocked A LOT.

Hated predictably blowing the lead the first time. Knew it was coming.

He did say "shut up" for sure. My wife is a casual observer and that was the first thing she said, even before the replay and altercation.

It looked like Emmitt hyperextended his knee on his break away layup. Probably stiffened up at half. Hanner stepped up in his absence.

I thought the same thing. Looked very awkward on the layup

Every B1G road win is huge. Hanner was great. Holt really impressed, scoring, rebounding, blocking shots, his upside is large. Troys play the last few games has been exciting. The Oladipo comparisons are legit. I trust Max, he seems very comfortable. We have a tall order ahead of us, MSU will be motivated to say the least. Go Hoosiers!

Hanner playing big boy ball!
Yogi did what you need a point to do and thats facilitate.I think he played a great game.
The team played composed with the lead down the stretch.
CTC coached with an attitude today.
We lose this game last year.
1&0 now lets take the Spartans down!

Agree on all points. I thought Yogi did a really good job of being in touch with the game and making adjustments as the game went on. He (and the whole team/coaching staff for that matter) seemed to do a good job of probing what Nebraska was doing and making adjustments to counteract them. As a whole it was one of the most intelligent and patient games I've seen them play in a while and very fun to watch. The last fifteen minutes or so of the game were awesome!

Is there any inside info on Emmitt's status this morning?

He really looked awkward and possibly injured on that breakaway.

Rolled his left ankle on the layup but he did come in and play after that so I think he's fine. He didn't have a huge amount of playing time in the second half simply because Hanner played like a beast.

Went back and watched this game again. Noticed something else that I consider a cheap shot. Watch the floor reflection when we are on offense. Billboard operator projecting flashing, color alternating images that reflect on the floor. Total bs move that the Big Ten may want to take a look at. I know they are using the billboard to try and fire up the crowd, but the glaring disparity between when Nebraska was on offense to when we were is quite noticeable. Before I get villified just take 10 minutes...pick ANY portion of the game and watch. It's total crap. Play defense for heaven's sake and don't rely on a billboard to create confusion. Dirtbags...Total dirtbags.