Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

IU vs Nebraska Post Game Thread

Went back and watched this game again. Noticed something else that I consider a cheap shot. Watch the floor reflection when we are on offense. Billboard operator projecting flashing, color alternating images that reflect on the floor. Total bs move that the Big Ten may want to take a look at. I know they are using the billboard to try and fire up the crowd, but the glaring disparity between when Nebraska was on offense to when we were is quite noticeable. Before I get villified just take 10 minutes...pick ANY portion of the game and watch. It's total crap. Play defense for heaven's sake and don't rely on a billboard to create confusion. Dirtbags...Total dirtbags.

interesting! Totally classless if true!

Went back and watched this game again. Noticed something else that I consider a cheap shot. Watch the floor reflection when we are on offense. Billboard operator projecting flashing, color alternating images that reflect on the floor. Total bs move that the Big Ten may want to take a look at. I know they are using the billboard to try and fire up the crowd, but the glaring disparity between when Nebraska was on offense to when we were is quite noticeable. Before I get villified just take 10 minutes...pick ANY portion of the game and watch. It's total crap. Play defense for heaven's sake and don't rely on a billboard to create confusion. Dirtbags...Total dirtbags.

Here's highlights of the game from last season. There's glare for the entire game since it was an afternoon game in Lincoln and I guess the place has windows on top. Several IU possessions have flashing colored lights that reflect off those windows and back on the court.

Here's highlights of the game. There's glare for the entire game since it was an afternoon game in Lincoln and I guess the place has windows on top. Several IU possessions have flashing colored lights that reflect off those windows and back on the court. Also, the last few seconds show Crean and Miles having a conversation in the post-game handshake.

http://youtu.be/uIkaVFkSM3A

This is from last season

Interesting theory---they turn up the flashing lights to mess with shooters or distract the players---you may be on to something here.

When you don't have The Hall----you come up with other ways to have a home court advantage.

I read somewhere that Nebraska was ranked as one of the toughest places to play in the Big Ten---this could be part of the reason why.....

That is what I thought. When I originally saw it, I was thinking man something looked off there so they replayed it. I thought it was his ankle?

It may have been I'm not sure. It looked to me like when he planted his leg straightened out completely, which is why I thought hyperextension.  Either way it looked like it hurt. 

Really?? I must go back and watch again for this

I noticed that too. it was pissing me off and I was watching it on TV.I could see where it could be an annoyance to the players. Between that and the coach acting like an ass I am really starting to dislike the cornstalks!