Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

IU vs Nebraska Post Game Thread

pretty good adjustment defensively and out of the pick and roll...

Tim Miles did his amazing adjustment of going 2-3 (he bragged about it last year during the post game interview and it annoyed me to know end because it was such an obvious move against us last year) and we countered with a little bit of a curve ball and they only handled it well one time with a flair screen for pitchford (which is exactly what to do...use the guy not being guarded as a screener)

It wasn't perfect but it was gutsy...which I think very highly of...if you can be skilled and gutsy you can get things done.

Emmitt Holt needs more minutes. Excellent road win. Not sure where Hoetzel fits with this team. Can't let teams go on runs like that.

Agree on all points, except how do we give Holt those minutes when Hanner plays like he did in the 2nd half? It's a genuine question I've been struggling with. They both can't play together or our O will come to a halt I'm afraid, but they're both playing so well.

Emmitt Holt needs more minutes. Excellent road win. Not sure where Hoetzel fits with this team. Can't let teams go on runs like that.

It looked like Emmitt hyperextended his knee on his break away layup. Probably stiffened up at half. Hanner stepped up in his absence.

Thought the team showed poised after taking the counterpunch at the end of the first and to start the second.  This is a big road win with how it played out.  I hope we learn very soon how to play with a lead.  If we can keep opponents runs down either by timeouts or players stepping up we will win a lot of games.  Good win, 1-0 on the new season.

Good win.  I knew they would come back and make it a game, but we showed toughness and found a way to win.  That is promising.  Hanner & Emmitt, need more of that solid play.  Also I enjoyed seeing CTC really sticking up for us with the refs. 

Good way to start the real season, let's get another in East Lansing. 

Holt played well, but I don't think you take Hanner off the court tonight...Now, if you play Holt and Hanner it could work against a zone...but they would struggle against a man to man unless they did only their double high post ball screen stuff.

Miles was mad because Crean told him to shut up after Nebraska's third or fourth hard foul...I hate how Crean can get prickly and get into it with people, but I feel like he was sticking up for his team when Miles had very clearly been asking for some pretty physical play from his team

I know the media loves Miles but he is actually Crean turned up to 11 in some of his idiosyncrasies...Lots of talking to the other team, lots of gesturing, and he takes shots at other coaches and teams in a lot of subtle ways...

His bleach teeth veneer as nice guy is gonna get really thin if they keep losing...He won't seem so clever to be tweeting at halftime...

Imagine if Crean was tweeting at half time for IU? he would have for sale signs in his yard very quickly.

I'll take it! A little ugly shoulda been a bigger lead but oh well. Also ya I feel like crean should have shaken miles hand and talked it out, looked miles tried to sort it out but crean wasn't having it and gave him the blow by! Also Hanner played great just needs to improve his free throw shooting