Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Trish

IU Vs Gtown (Post Game Thread)

Not switching on screens resulting in back door lay ups, not valuing the basketball, getting 0 in the post or off the bench, yogi and troy trying to do to much (can't fault the effort). I see the coaching angle but it's just convenient to pile everything on the coach, when there's plenty of blame to share. I will still take this over where we were 5 years ago.

Just a little bit of an offensive scheme against the zone and we win this game. 7 years and still cant attack a zone is mind boggling. Thats on Coach and so is this L.

Posters like you are why I no longer post/read in the game threads. If you can't look for silver linings, what do you have? Not one of us was on the floor, not one of us has coached at this level. It's really easy to watch, detached, and play "he should have".

Posters like you are why the program is satisfied with losing. We watch this program lose the same way over 7 years with good and bad players the one constant being Coach. If this is the brand of basketball you like go root for Ball St. I refuse to accept it.

Posters like you are why the program is satisfied with losing. We watch this program lose the same way over 7 years with good and bad players the one constant being Coach. If this is the brand of basketball you like go root for Ball St. I refuse to accept it.

Good thing those like you exist. Really inspiring change by making the rest of us nobodies miserable on some meaningless forum.

Good thing those like you exist. Really inspiring change by making the rest of us nobodies miserable on some meaningless forum.

Ummm it goes both ways. You seem to always make excuses and spill out the the same recycled garbage. It's not always but the game is on coach crean. U have to utilize those time outs.

Totally agree except even Ball St 1. wouldn't put up with it 2. never have given Crean a Coach K contract. This is really what are fan base has become and I'm guilty also. I knew we were beat when Crean couldn't call a timeout to try and salvage our lead. We got into OT on prayer, and I expected and saw a defeat when we got there. Instead of expecting to win these close games, our program and myself expects us to lose. Who's that on? As I have said before, Crean wouldn't be able to get past most of the Indiana high school sectionals unless Zeller was on his team. How much pain can we take? I'm back to the Mike Davis years knowing we are outmatched in the most important area...coaching. Just sick of his schtick and sucking. We deserve so much better, and a our coach should be in the top 10 and not top 100. After watching this pile of crap for 7 years, I would give our program to any upstart coach like Miller at Dayton or Marshall at Wichita State. At least give someone else a chance to suck asbad as our current. No wonder the likes of UL, UK, and damn near every Big school is laughing at us.

Totally agree except even Ball St 1. wouldn't put up with it 2. never have given Crean a Coach K contract. This is really what are fan base has become and I'm guilty also. I knew we were beat when Crean couldn't call a timeout to try and salvage our lead. We got into OT on prayer, and I expected and saw a defeat when we got there. Instead of expecting to win these close games, our program and myself expects us to lose. Who's that on? As I have said before, Crean wouldn't be able to get past most of the Indiana high school sectionals unless Zeller was on his team. How much pain can we take? I'm back to the Mike Davis years knowing we are outmatched in the most important area...coaching. Just sick of his schtick and sucking. We deserve so much better, and a our coach should be in the top 10 and not top 100. After watching this pile of crap for 7 years, I would give our program to any upstart coach like Miller at Dayton or Marshall at Wichita State. At least give someone else a chance to suck asbad as our current. No wonder the likes of UL, UK, and damn near every Big school is laughing at us.

I wonder how many coaches in the top 10 could actually coach a clean program and make sure the academics are up to par? I don't know the answer, I have a feeling the top 5 cannot

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Do you think we have the personnel to run the press? I've said countless times I don't see it. JBJ in particular would be a liability in it

We have some athletes, but too many players I don't trust on the defensive end.  Generally I like the idea of a press, but I'd prefer we work on having a strong half court defense first before we try extending them.  Bad thing about halfcourt D thought, you can scheme around one weak defender to hide them to an extent but not multiple.

Look, im not trying to bash Crean. But would anyone actually trade Crean for JT3? Hes kind of overrated.

I'm trying really hard to think of any coach I wouldn't trade Crean for. Any in the Big, how about any freaking coach at any power conference including Bruce Weber. How many times did he own Crean? That's a big time loaded question, since I have a lot of doubts anyone wouldn't be better. Mike Davis couldn't recruit to save his job, but I have to say in game he was better than Crean. And you certainly realize how bad that is? Yogi chucking up threes in crunch time is no different than Bracey Wright. Did Davis ever have a lottery player let alone 2 on one team? Crean's so bad the last school he left Indiana for wouldn't even give him a sniff. I might even take the old Delta Eagle Matt Porchop over Crean. He did more with his best and blasted us last year without another lottery pick. Name any coach in D1 power conference and I could make a strong argument if they were at Indiana they would do better than Crean in year 7 at Indiana. Let mcClain coach the rest of the way, or even Yogi.

Ummm it goes both ways. You seem to always make excuses and spill out the the same recycled garbage. It's not always but the game is on coach crean. U have to utilize those time outs.

I acknowledged his failure to utilize timeouts in the game thread. You commented on it. You seem me in here praising Crean for anything? Nope. I apologize for looking for positives in each game. It's much more enjoyable to talk about then discussing, for the 13th time this season, Crean's failure to use timeouts when all the living room coaches want him to use them.

I wonder how many coaches in the top 10 could actually coach a clean program and make sure the academics are up to par? I don't know the answer, I have a feeling the top 5 cannot
Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

How many coaches in the top 10 are in trouble with the NCAA? Its not our student athletes not getting it done. Its a terrible in game coach too busy clapping and sprinting the sidelines like a fool instead of making his 2.2 million to make a difference in the outcome. Creans teams don't play d, can't inbounds, beat a zone, and he can't call a timeout to save a win. He has made us a laughingstock of what was once a program every team feared and didn't want to play. Now IUPUI licks their chops hoping to get a shot at us let aloine any Big school. Watching him prance around is almost to the point of making me switch channels and I never thought I would ever say that. I can't support him; I love his players and the university by he sucks like no other coach I have ever witnessed. And I'm an IU grad.

I refuse to not find a positive. But, you or nobody else can ever infer that , because I'm an optimist, I'm not an IU fan. I'm not getting into a pi@&ing contest here, but I've earned my fandom.

We are so close to being really good. All I'm seeing is Crean actually using some timeouts in the first half as soon as he didn't like what he saw.. that kept us on track. Then 2nd half, same ol Crean again. It's not just iu fans. I can't believe how many of my non iu friends text me now.. especially today with "wow Crean is actually using his timeouts".. it's old news but are we just supposed to not post and let this place be a ghost town?

On the other hand I just HATE watching horrible shooting teams just go unconscience on us. Freaking hate it..

Yogi - I love ur clutchness. Even when u go overboard in hero mode. U usually play well in hero mode.

How we don't flash someone to the high post on every possession is beyond me.

Some people are trying hard on defense but others are taking some defensive stands off. They were beaten back door about 5 times. Perea seemed scared. He couldn't catch a chest pass, that happened about three times. Timeouts were not called at the right times. No one drove into the big guy. Focus on getting fouls on the guy while on offense, not trying to stop him on defense. Middle school coaches have plays to beat zones, but Crean does not. Penetrate the middle with a nice pass, force help defense, then cut inside, simple as that. Should have won.

We are so close to being really good. All I'm seeing is Crean actually using some timeouts in the first half as soon as he didn't like what he saw.. that kept us on track. Then 2nd half, same ol Crean again. It's not just iu fans. I can't believe how many of my non iu friends text me now.. especially today with "wow Crean is actually using his timeouts".. it's old news but are we just supposed to not post and let this place be a ghost town?

On the other hand I just HATE watching horrible shooting teams just go unconscience on us. Freaking hate it..

Yogi - I love ur clutchness. Even when u go overboard in hero mode. U usually play well in hero mode.

How we don't flash someone to the high post on every possession is beyond me.

yogi had to go hero mode I didn't see anybody else even wanting the ball at the end. I felt the team did ok the effort was there but I do feel the coach left them high and dry at the end. I just keep thinking if crean had called a timeout with 3 seconds left when Collin rebounded what could have been. Just have to fix this crap its embarrassing lol