Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

TheWatShot

Is there anywhere you can go...

…without having to hear about UK? 

I watched the last few minutes of the first half between Notre Dame and Purdue tonight. During live action…they were talking about UK. 

I listened to a high school broadcast this evening, and during the pre-game show…talking about UK. 

A few weeks ago I was at a small grocery store in Fort Wayne and the cashier was wearing a UK sweatshirt. 

I wish that program would just disappear from existence. 

we weren't there level of talent by far either

I don't disagree. But, that doesn't detract from it being an unfair recruiting advantage. Would you rather go to the school that is getting good coverage for the first time in years. Or would you want to go to the school that has media outlets drooling all over them and can't shut up about it. My biggest thing is the practice stuff, ESPN isn't even pretending to be unbiased anymore.

I don't disagree. But, that doesn't detract from it being an unfair recruiting advantage. Would you rather go to the school that is getting good coverage for the first time in years. Or would you want to go to the school that has media outlets drooling all over them and can't shut up about it. My biggest thing is the practice stuff, ESPN isn't even pretending to be unbiased anymore.

agree but it isnt totally unfair they have assembled a monster and when u got that kind of talent and hype media will follow. Look at other sports it is same in college football u dont hear about kentucky u hear Alabama and Florida state and teams like that. This is a big money maker for the schools. I think we should not forget who we are we are indiana a major basketball school we get more exposure then most programs and if we were great we would b right with kentucky. We cant blame anybody but ourselves for lack of exposure. Time to man up and get this thing going right and quit being jealous of other teams being where we know we should b

A couple seasons ago when we were number one, we got all the exposure too.

Not to the level of UK.

It feels to me like we got a whole lot.  Televised practice too.  It comes with being ranked #1.

agree but it isnt totally unfair they have assembled a monster and when u got that kind of talent and hype media will follow. Look at other sports it is same in college football u dont hear about kentucky u hear Alabama and Florida state and teams like that. This is a big money maker for the schools. I think we should not forget who we are we are indiana a major basketball school we get more exposure then most programs and if we were great we would b right with kentucky. We cant blame anybody but ourselves for lack of exposure. Time to man up and get this thing going right and quit being jealous of other teams being where we know we should b

We should never aspire to be UK-like....

We should never aspire to be UK-like....

the issue was how much press they r getting. If u take away the potential cheating and there fans we should aspire to at least get there performance here I mean winning and winning right is the ultimate goal and we can do that if things would go right for us

Try living in southern Indiana. I've never seen so many smart people lose all sense of intelligence once they start talking about UK basketball.

True---it drives me crazy!

I told a UK fan tonight that if they noticed---- Santa was wearing Cream and Crimson----and Cal and the Cats were on the Naughty List just waiting for the NCAA to drop the hammer!  :rtfm:

That's one of my top Christmas wishes!  :good: