Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

2 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

Burns having fun, taking selfies under the stands after the NC State game.

Contrast that with his next foe, who drops an f-bomb on national TV, plays the overly cliched  "doubters" card and calls out Rick Barnes for not recruiting him. 

https://x.com/MarchMadnessMBB/status/1774593524937224613?s=20

Hold on now, who is the f-bomb flinger and guy Rick Barnes didn't recruit?

Tonight, Caitlin Clark said that at the start of the season, a lot of people counted Iowa out because of the players they graduated. 

Iowa was No. 3 in the preseason. 

Yesterday, Lerch talked about all the doubters who passed him over.

He didn't start playing basketball till he was a sophomore in high school. Didn't even like the sport initially. Preferred baseball and hockey. 

Doubters. Haters. People counting us out. Nobody gave us a chance. 

JFC, PEOPLE -- LET'S GET SOME NEW MATERIAL!!! 

Just because I was that bored and that geeky.....kept stats as best I could for the McDonald's All-American game yesterday (it's posted on youtube now).  FWIW, they had Bryson Tucker's coach on and he talked about how Bryson was a good student (3.7 high school GPA) and that he was a volunteer mentor for special needs students.

E 19 14 15 20 68          
    W 7 23 22 14 66          

EAST FG FGA 3PT 3 PT M FT FTM REB AST ST BS TO PTS
Jackson 8 10 4 5 2 3 1 0 0 0 0 22
Evans 1 2 1 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 3
Bethea 1 3 0 1 0 0 0 2 0 0 3 2
Queen 5 8 0 0 0 4 8 2 0 1 1 10
Flagg 2 9 0 1 0 0 8 2 0 0 1 4
McNeely 2 4 1 2 3 4 3 1 1 0 0 8
Fland 3 6 0 3 0 0 3 5 0 0 0 6
Bol 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 0
Tucker 2 4 1 2 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 5
Quaintance 3 6 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 1 6
Powell 0 3 0 1 2 2 1 1 1 0 0 2

TOTALS 27 55 7 18 7 13 25 14 4 3 6 68

WEST FG FGA 3PT 3 PT M FT FTM REB AST ST BS TO PTS
Bailey 5 8 1 3 0 0 5 0 1 0 0 11
Harper 2 7 1 4 2 4 1 2 1 0 0 7
Edgecombe 4 6 0 0 0 2 2 0 2 0 0 8
Johnson 3 7 3 3 3 3 3 1 0 0 1 12
Bidunga 3 3 0 0 0 0 3 0 0 2 0 6
Bryant 1 3 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 2
Diallo 1 2 0 1 0 0 0 2 0 0 1 2
Freeman 2 2 2 2 0 0 2 1 0 0 1 6
Knox 1 2 0 1 0 1 2 1 0 0 2 2
Perry 0 1 0 1 2 2 1 2 0 0 1 2
Reid 0 2 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0
Sherrell 4 5 0 0 0 0 2 1 0 1 0 8
TOTALS 26 48 7 16 7 12 23 10 4 4 6 66

Thoughts from just the single game --

Tucker:  will probably need to put some muscle on but really played team basketball and didn't force anything.  Fact that he didn't play travel ball means that this was likely the first time he was playing against most of the other burger boys.

Flagg:  #1 player in the nation struggled in the game.  Seemed to sulk after he missed a few shots (will fit in at Duke).

Queen:  one of the few guys who really seemed interested in getting into position for rebounds.  Hits the boards very well and played a nice game.  That said, I'm not sure how well he would have fit in immediately at IU playing alongside Reneau and I'm not sure how well he'll fit in at Maryland playing alongside Reese.

Flagg:  also had a nice game.  might overdribble a little but he's going to be a good one.

Jackson: was the best player on the floor in the scrimmage.

Harper:  has that baby fat like his brother did.  He drives well.  Had a couple of shots not fall that he'll probably usually make.

McNeely:  Played pretty well.  Didn't have many shots and the both threes he took were in the last minute of the game.  The first was with 43 seconds left and his team down two -- it wedged between the rim and basket.  The second was on a catch and shoot with 0.3 seconds left that won the game.  Yeah, don't know if it was actually off in time or not but they kind of set it up to have a good ending (the East team fouled the West team (West was up by a point) with about 6 seconds left and they put the West on the line even though I think they weren't actually in the bonus).  

John Bol was the player that looked most out of place.  Looked up his ranking and it made sense -- 47th ranked player by 247.  Probably going to take some time to aclimate to the college game.  Listed at 7'1", 190 pounds.

Player that surprised me the most was Aiden Sherrill.  6'10" center who has committed to Alabama, ranked 22nd overall by 247.  Has a nice outside touch and has the ability to put it on the floor and drive as well.

10 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I think Ace Bailey is the best Pro in the class. Got my eye on Edgecomb too.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Funny (and strange) play by Edgecomb.  With about 4 seconds left and his team up one, he was at the line for the second of two free throws.  He faked the free throw and one of his team mates went into the lane.  I think he was trying to fake the other team into the lane, which really made no sense.  First of all, it's a violation to fake a free throw.  Secondly, there was no way his team mates knew he was going to do it.

Last comment.....they obviously didn't call the game like it was a normal game.  Basically didn't call any travels, three seconds, etc.  Basically the only calls that the refs were making were foul calls, and the foul calls were really just on shots.  There was one play where Queen obviously pushed a player to get a rebound and they didn't call it.

15 hours ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Thoughts from just the single game --

Tucker:  will probably need to put some muscle on but really played team basketball and didn't force anything.  Fact that he didn't play travel ball means that this was likely the first time he was playing against most of the other burger boys.

Flagg:  #1 player in the nation struggled in the game.  Seemed to sulk after he missed a few shots (will fit in at Duke).

Queen:  one of the few guys who really seemed interested in getting into position for rebounds.  Hits the boards very well and played a nice game.  That said, I'm not sure how well he would have fit in immediately at IU playing alongside Reneau and I'm not sure how well he'll fit in at Maryland playing alongside Reese.

Flagg:  also had a nice game.  might overdribble a little but he's going to be a good one.

Jackson: was the best player on the floor in the scrimmage.

Harper:  has that baby fat like his brother did.  He drives well.  Had a couple of shots not fall that he'll probably usually make.

McNeely:  Played pretty well.  Didn't have many shots and the both threes he took were in the last minute of the game.  The first was with 43 seconds left and his team down two -- it wedged between the rim and basket.  The second was on a catch and shoot with 0.3 seconds left that won the game.  Yeah, don't know if it was actually off in time or not but they kind of set it up to have a good ending (the East team fouled the West team (West was up by a point) with about 6 seconds left and they put the West on the line even though I think they weren't actually in the bonus).  

John Bol was the player that looked most out of place.  Looked up his ranking and it made sense -- 47th ranked player by 247.  Probably going to take some time to aclimate to the college game.  Listed at 7'1", 190 pounds.

Player that surprised me the most was Aiden Sherrill.  6'10" center who has committed to Alabama, ranked 22nd overall by 247.  Has a nice outside touch and has the ability to put it on the floor and drive as well.

Who is the player after Queen whom you accidentally called Flagg?

On 4/1/2024 at 5:06 PM, tkbbn said:

Don't know if it's been mentioned but just seen that Clemson and Florida St. to the Big 10. Bronny James to Penn St.

"There really only needs to be one conference!"

-tony pettiti