Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

I would like to see more angles of the timeout before edey turned the ball over in regulation. Never seen that done and if that was the play why wasn't edey signaling it immediately rather than trying to pass?

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Purdue will win a lot of games, look dominant at times and probably run the conference. That said any decent guard or guard combo can run them out of the tournament.

*unless Edey sprains an ankle; if that happens they will fail miserably.

4 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

He's built like a truck, he won't get injured. 

I want to see them fail at full strength. 

Pssshh. Xavier Johnson is built like a truck, was never injured, and is now on his second straight hobbled year.

Not wishing for injuries, but it can happen to anyone and Purdue is now into their second straight season with literally zero injuries for their rotation players.

It’s 100% not good for the game. 
A 3x NPOY who will only get pro minutes abroad is bad for CBB. 

They run the same action repeatedly (Edey R elbow, turn and release over the L shoulder) and nobody else on that team scares me 

Purdue is the B1G's best chance at a 1 seed, so they'll get plenty of calls in their favor all season long. I'd be willing to bet they always have more FTA than the other team.

Glad they're 0-1.

They escaped so many conference road games last year, like MSU and OSU, it was frustrating.

52 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Edey is the most likable of the Purdue giants I just don’t think it’s necessarily good for the game. Makes you wonder if a guy like Furst ever reaches his potential standing around watching Edey dominate.

Agreed. Did you see the put-back dunk Furst has mid 2nd half? It was impressive. I also wonder if Kaufman regrets Boilering himself, since I doubt he aspires to back-up Center minutes. Like you said a lot of standing around watching Edey- which will be enough for 20+ wins for sure....but when it really matters? Sad trombone for them. 

50 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Virginia is destroying Cuse by 33.    Nice NET boost game for their offense 

That’s after they won against Texas A&M. They’ve been up and down so far but it looks like Bennett will ring his squad into a tough one again. 

15 minutes ago, DoctorP said:

didn’t realize Essegian is barely getting any run at Wisco this year

Rumor alert: I heard from the mother of one of his bother’s teammates that he’s out of Wisco after this year. She probably doesn’t know anything (and this was at a bar over Thanksgiving so…lol), but Essigan has played sporadically after last year. There’s a rumor locally him and Gard butted heads at the end of last season.  

He can de a defensive liability at times, but he has a pure stroke from deep.