Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

1 hour ago, DoctorP said:

No surprise but Edey is the exact same player he was last season. Elbows to clear space, and then turns over his left shoulder every single time. 
Happy he’ll never get any NBA run, dude is so so limited. 

Yeah but he lost some weight to show he could move his feet on defense!! He's primed for 1st pick. 

--Sorry. My petty runneth over tonight. 

32 minutes ago, Dave from Dayton said:

Tuesday 11/14 at 7 ET Toledo visits Wright State.  Get insight on WSU by checking broadcast: ESPN+, 101.5 HANK FM / WING 1410 AM.

Wright State then goes to Indiana on Thursday.  

Use this to fine-tune your prediction.  

WING is an awesome call sign

32 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

WING is an awesome call sign

Oh, yes!  Especially, as you surely knew, in Dayton.  

That is because of the Wright Brothers' warped wing concept to turn and control their Flyers.  Quite a story that.

There is a brewery, here, named Warped Wing.  And a Toxic Brewery.  Oh, and Hairless Hare.  The Carillon Brewing Company...reproducing historical beer & European comfort-food recipes, with staff in period costume...located in an historical park that houses the original 1905 Wright Flyer III. Right next to the University of Dayton...whose basketball team is the Flyers.  And....

10 hours ago, Demo said:

This shouldn’t be controversial. They have a ‘25 lottery pick(Newell) who doesn’t start. 

I would definitely love to see Montverde vs the Las Vegas Aces.. would be fun to watch. I think there would be some intensity with the WNBA players wanting to prove something.

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I would definitely love to see Montverde vs the Las Vegas Aces.. would be fun to watch. I think there would be some intensity with the WNBA players wanting to prove something.

It's the age-old question which has been vetted best in tennis. 

For instance, in 1998, world #203 men's player Karsten Braasch played a round of golf in the morning, had two beers at lunch, and that afternoon beat Serena Williams 6-1. Later that same afternoon, he beat Venus WiIlliams 6-2. At the end of the day, he said that he played 'down' to keep the matches 'fun'.

Just like a bad NBA team would crush Duke or UConn, Montverde would absolutely destroy the Las Vegas Aces. If Montverde played with full effort it would be ridiculous. And if the women used the larger men's ball, it would be that much more ridiculous.

44 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

For instance, in 1998, world #203 men's player Karsten Braasch played a round of golf in the moring, had two beers at lunch, and that afternoon beat Serena Williams 6-1. Later that same afternoon, he beat Venus WiIlliams 6-2. At the end of the day, he said that he played 'down' to keep the matches 'fun'.

Just like a bad NBA team would crush Duke or UConn, Montverde would absolutely destroy the Las Vegas Aces. If Montverde played with full effort, it would be ridiculous. And if the women used the larger men's ball, it would be that much more ridiculous.

But, Billie Jean King beat.......oh, never mind.

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

5 mins in they’d have to go to a running clock.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

For instance, in 1998, world #203 men's player Karsten Braasch played a round of golf in the morning, had two beers at lunch, and that afternoon beat Serena Williams 6-1. Later that same afternoon, he beat Venus WiIlliams 6-2. At the end of the day, he said that he played 'down' to keep the matches 'fun'.

Just like a bad NBA team would crush Duke or UConn, Montverde would absolutely destroy the Las Vegas Aces. If Montverde played with full effort it would be ridiculous. And if the women used the larger men's ball, it would be that much more ridiculous.

It'd be a beat down. But I'd still want to watch. Let's do a WNBA All-Star team. I wish I could have seen Grinder vs a prime Boogie Cousins back when she said she could beat him. Totally need to see this on TV.

36 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

It'd be a beat down. But I'd still want to watch. Let's do a WNBA All-Star team. I wish I could have seen Grinder vs a prime Boogie Cousins back when she said she could beat him. Totally need to see this on TV.

Would it get ESPN to stop shoving the WNBA down our throats? I'd watch a 7-game series (so uh...4 games) if that's what it took to get them to stop.