Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

7 hours ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Holy Cross beats Georgetown 67-66.  Gtown led by 11 with 8:30 left and gave up an 11-0 run.

Pretty close game all around.  Georgetown hit a 3 to extend the lead to 3 and then Octave for Holy Cross took the game over.  Georgetown had no answer for him.   He finished with 33.   Best part of that game was when Holy Cross was up 1 with around 10 sec to go they had to shoot because of shot clock and they get offensive rebound and kicked it out to a guard who instead of dribbling it back out so Georgetown has to foul he try’s a kill shot 3 like FAROKHMANESH did against Kansas from N Iowa back in the day.  Lol.  He missed it and Georgetown got the rebound and had a chance to win the game.   

10 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

This November feels like March with all the upsets/mid majors beating big name programs! Hopefully we avoid their fate 

Very underrated time in college basketball.  Feast week is my 3rd favorite week of the college basketball season 

1. First week of the NCAA tourney 

2.  Champ week 

3.   Feast week 

21 minutes ago, lillurk said:

Watching Maryland/UAB in Asheville. After starting UMd’s first two games, Jordan Geronimo begins this one on the bench.

JG is in and has looked pretty good, basically the guy we know: pick-6 steal and dunk, nice pass across the zone for an open 3 (missed), late/lost on some defensive rotations.

I find it notable he’s at the 4. Slightly small 4 is clearly his best spot, still.

22 minutes ago, lillurk said:

JG is in and has looked pretty good, basically the guy we know: pick-6 steal and dunk, nice pass across the zone for an open 3 (missed), late/lost on some defensive rotations.

I find it notable he’s at the 4. Slightly small 4 is clearly his best spot, still.

By game three JG has gone from the starting 3 to the backup 4.

Not that they were bad last year, but there is no reason to expect Maryland to be any better this year than last year. Maybe a touch worse. Still no point guard, and while Harris-Smith may end up being good, he won’t be as good as Hakim Hart was for them.

27 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Not that they were bad last year, but there is no reason to expect Maryland to be any better this year than last year. Maybe a touch worse. Still no point guard, and while Harris-Smith may end up being good, he won’t be as good as Hakim Hart was for them.

But, but, but, the Terps have Kevin Willard as their head coach...

33 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Yep. I was willing to be impressed by them but so far, nope.

So among the B1G contenders below the first tier, I’ve adjusted upwards my expectations of UW & UM — both of whom I’m skeptical of, still — and adjusted downwards my expectations of NW, UMd, and OSU (only slightly in OSU’s case).

37 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

The no point guard situation, is going to be their downfall. 

Man, it's nice to know our pg position is in good hands for the future!

19 minutes ago, lillurk said:

So among the B1G contenders below the first tier, I’ve adjusted upwards my expectations of UW & UM — both of whom I’m skeptical of, still — and adjusted downwards my expectations of NW, UMd, and OSU (only slightly in OSU’s case).

Ummm…

Northwestern.

They may be better than last year and they finished 12-8 in conference last year.

21 minutes ago, lillurk said:

Speaking of Ohio St.  I watched their game the other night.  Thorton has picked up right where Sensabaugh left off.

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Ummm…

Northwestern.

They may be better than last year and they finished 12-8 in conference last year.

The Barnhizer Effect.

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Ummm…

Northwestern.

I don’t disagree but I think they’ve looked shaky so far, and they were somewhat lucky in schedule draw and outcomes last year. Probably a bubble team close to .500 in the conference I’d guess?

14 minutes ago, lillurk said:

I don’t disagree but I think they’ve looked shaky so far, and they were somewhat lucky in schedule draw and outcomes last year. Probably a bubble team close to .500 in the conference I’d guess?

I thought they looked strong in beating a quality Dayton team