Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

49 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

As bitter as a summer day is long. 

https://x.com/patmcafeeshow/status/1770861790613713358?s=46
may least Robbie got a little revenge on the NCAA.  lol.    He probably taken better than I did.  I’m still hot even though I knew they would be screwed.  Pat also said he would give ISU players 10,000 each if they win the NIT 

2 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

https://x.com/patmcafeeshow/status/1770861790613713358?s=46
may least Robbie got a little revenge on the NCAA.  lol.    He probably taken better than I did.  I’m still hot even though I knew they would be screwed.  Pat also said he would give ISU players 10,000 each if they win the NIT 

He knows he's getting a sweet NIL boost next year from the Chaifetz family treasure chest, so it's all good for the big man.

1 hour ago, Alford Bailey said:

It’s a day of mourning in Ky. Super talented team but I don’t think anyone is really surprised they lost.

The Kentucky formula of playing 4 or 5 5-star freshmen doesn't work.  You can win games, but you aren't going to win a title.  Kentucky will probably have 4 guys drafted in the first 35 picks of the NBA draft, but in college basketball, experience is an equalizer against young talent.  

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Oof!

I could just see that when Woodson is gone that the administration's idea of a homerun hire would be Bennett. That way they could still stick it to the fans while saying, "We're trying." Yes, he's had some success but no so much recently and his style is painful to watch.

From 9:20 in the 1st until 16:37 in the 2nd they didn't score. That's just brutal. I feel  bad for their fans being subjected to that.

3 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

A fantastic watch for you guys.

It is the anatomy of a crap defense. Voice over in a Sam Kinnison-like style fits perfectly. At first, I thought this might be a couple of anecdotal examples of how Kentucky was lost on defense. But no. Instead it is a whole-game long, long list of well-narrated video clips that show how completely lacking Kentucky is in defensive principles. The lack of defensive technique and basic principles by Oneyso (who repeatedly guards the post by forcing his man away from help) and Dillingham (whose defensive stance and pressure are non-existent), to Mitchell (who never jams a cutter) is a pretty compelling indictment of Calipari's ability to win with young or defensively lacking players.

If you want to see extensive proof of a poorly coached team? This is a must watch:

LOVE this.  First, its the best thing i'll watch all day.  Second, his rage is hilarious.  And thirdly, It really shows how basketball IQ, coaching, and gameplanning can make all the difference.

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

@Hovadipo in watching Drake play over the years had you ever seen DeVries play scared like he did at the end of the game last night?   They was shocking to watch.   

So disappointing, I was losing my mind at the end that he wanted nothing to do with it. I had Drake winning 2, really think they would've beaten ISU.

10 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

In the past 45 minutes, or as an entire body of work?     ;)

Agreed. But the level of competition has stepped up and it doesn’t appear that they have any system better to handle it 

39 minutes ago, steubenhoosier said:

I do not see anything from this FAU team that leads me to believe that Dusty May is the best option for IU

Best option? No, maybe not.

A clear and obvious upgrade from our current coaching staff? Yes, without a doubt. Even Ray Charles can see that. 

2 hours ago, go iu bb said:

I could just see that when Woodson is gone that the administration's idea of a homerun hire would be Bennett. That way they could still stick it to the fans while saying, "We're trying." Yes, he's had some success but no so much recently and his style is painful to watch.

From 9:20 in the 1st until 16:37 in the 2nd they didn't score. That's just brutal. I feel  bad for their fans being subjected to that.

Some success? Oh, you mean the national championship? Or the fact that they’ve been better than both Duke and UNC in the ACC for over a decade now?

UVA is my other alma mater and the source of almost all of the enjoyment this stupid sport has given me in the past 20 years. The problem Bennett has is that in the transfer portal era kids don’t want to stick around long enough to really learn the pack line (and the pack line is increasingly questionable as every school in the country except IU values 3 pointers more). Combined with the fact that UVA is just not a big player in NIL, and it’s really hard to build a talented roster.

With that said, Mediocre Mike couldn’t have won 10 games, let alone finished 3rd in the ACC and made the tourney, with that roster.

1 hour ago, steubenhoosier said:

I do not see anything from this FAU team that leads me to believe that Dusty May is the best option for IU

A little disappointed.  But they are hanging around, not getting blown out, yet.   

3 minutes ago, hoosierhoo said:

Uhhhh. They ****ed up the shot clock. Only gave them a 20 second shot clock instead of 30 after the backcourt violation,

Maybe cuz FAU got the ball in the front court?