Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

(2015) JUCO PF Ray Kasongo

Another 3 days and Izzo would have offered Holt!

CTC set him up by looking like he was all in for Kasongo and when Izzo bit, we quickly got the pledge from Emmitt, before he had time to discover the ruse. :sarcastichand:

One of the top NJCAA programs in the country. I believe they won it 2 or 3 years ago. You're right, probably not the last you'll see Kasongo. He needs to get rid of Bender, that guy is a mess.

This is a JUCO right?  It will be interesting to see how he develops and what his recruitment looks like in two years.  

They even have a NORTH Idaho. Alma mater of the legendary Guy Marc-Michel.

Yep you are correct, I always wonder how much Guy would have helped us in 2010. He was massive, and that year we really had nothing down low, we were having to play Elston and Watford in the post and we just got man handled. At 7'1" 280 Guy would have been a load in the post.

It seems that historically IU has never had much luck with big men. Do you remember a guy named Robert Rothbart that Mike Davis recruited in 2004. He verballed to IU only to change his mind and just go pro. he was also huge at 7'1" 240.

Yep you are correct, I always wonder how much Guy would have helped us in 2010. He was massive, and that year we really had nothing down low, we were having to play Elston and Watford in the post and we just got man handled. At 7'1" 280 Guy would have been a load in the post.

It seems that historically IU has never had much luck with big men. Do you remember a guy named Robert Rothbart that Mike Davis recruited in 2004. He verballed to IU only to change his mind and just go pro. he was also huge at 7'1" 240.

I saw a little bit of GMM.  He was better than I expected (which admittedly was absolutely nothing), but he wasn't all that good either.  He would have given us a big body, but he wouldn't have made much of a difference IMO.  For as much as I talked about Ziesloft being a role player on a bad team in a pretty weak conference, GMM was underwhelming in JUCO especially considering how big he was.

Im 62% convinced that Crean completely Ivan Renko'd everyone here. Kasongo doesn't exist, he just called up the people at Oregon and the conversation went like this:

Crean: Hey fellas, I'm taking a look at this Emmitt Holt kid. Remember when Knight made up that Yugoslav kid, Renko? I kinda want to do the same thing so my "buddy" Izzo doesn't hop all over him.

Oregon Staff: That sounds interesting, but why are you telling us this?

Crean: Well, you're not exactly in our recruiting region, and you have a TON of kids leaving, so what's one more? No one will even know that he's fake. We can talk him up, make him sound like a gem and Izzo will swoop in before the word on Holt gets out. I already got Self in on it too!

Oregon: I guess we can help, what do we get?

Crean: I'll buy your coaching staff chrome sport coats to wear for games so you can be like the football team.

Oregon: Throw in some crap-talking about Lyle and you have a deal. What are we going to name him?

Crean: Something that makes him sound foreign, and let's make him Canadian for kicks and gigs. But for the name....

In Unison: RAY KASONGO!!

And thus, the story of Ray Kasongo came to fruition. Complete with a twitter account and a fake handler. At least that's how I see it playing out.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

And the circus continues--all three rings!  I will say this...I do not feel sorry for any program that takes a chance on him and gets in trouble after all the warning signs they will have ignored. Sometimes you have to JUST SAY NO!  There have been more red flags in this recruitment than exist in all of communist China.   :rtfm: